Disneyland Paris

Kuzco

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm from the U.S. and my friend and I are studying abroad this summer in London and Cambridge. Prior to the start of our program, we're going to tour Western Europe a bit. I've never been, so I'm both excited and nervous! Although this is totally an American thing to do, I really would like to visit Disneyland Paris since I'm such a huge Disney fan and wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror if I were that close and missed the chance to go. Anyway, I guess my question is: Does anyone have any advice about planning at DLP? Anything about which resorts are best in the area, how to get there, etc. would be great. Or if anyone knows of a great website, I'd much appreciate it! Thanks so much in advance for your help! I'm really excited about this opportunity! :hyper:

Hi Kuzco :wave:

Where will you be staying before heading off to DLP? If you will still be in London then the easiest way to get there is via Eurostar which will take you from London Waterloo station directly into the middle of The Disneyland Resort in around 3 hours! From the Disneyland station it is a short stroll to the rersort hotels or either of the two theme parks.

There are 6 resort hotels, but because DLP is on a MUCH smaller scale than WDW, all of them are within easy walking distance of the parks. The Disneyland Hotel is situated right at the entrance to The Disneyland Park and is the 'flagship' resort. Next is Hotel New York which is sitauted right beside Disney Village (a smaller DTD) and next to Lake Disney. Right opposite New York is Newport Bay Club (also 'on' the lake) and next to NPBC and New York is Sequioa Lodge, again beside the lake. All of these hotels have great pools and good facilities. The two cheapest options (and the two which are the furthest walk from the parks - 20/25 mins) are Hotel Cheyenne (Wild West Theming, bunk beds for kids) and Hotel Santa Fe - both have no swimming pools and limitied facilities.
The hotels have complimentary shuttles to the parks if you don't feel like walking :teeth:

You should check out
www.dlp-guidebook.de
and also www.disneylandparis.com
Also, if you can get it on Amazon.com Simon's "A Brit's guide to DLRP" is by far the best guidebook for planning a trip to DLP, crammed full of great tips and photos.

If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask!

Richard
:wave2:

Will you be visiting just DLP, or Paris and DLP? If you're visiting Paris, I'd stay in a Paris hotel and take the RER (metro subway) to DLP. The RER is cheap (in August, it was 6 Euros from the center of Paris to the DLP stop), easy, and fast (less than 30 minutes). The DLP RER stop is literally a few feet away from the park gates. You can buy DLP tickets from most Paris hotels, FNC stores in Paris, or right at the park.

richard3330 is right, Eurostar is very convenient for going from London to either Paris or DLP (they have a stop for each). Lots of fun!

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't even realize that there was a whole forum on DLP. I must be blind:earseek:

I'm not sure how this is going to work out yet. I think that we will fly into London, and Paris will probably be our first stop. We are planning on seeing Paris as well, so thanks for the tip about staying in the city, MinnieYC. Any suggestions on where?

I'm just overwhelmed by the whole idea of planning this anyway. It will be fun, but neither of us have been to Europe!

Thanks again!
JP

Nice to see you here ...

just a tip .. europe has a huge train network going from london to paris to munich to everywhere .. Travelling can be done without much planning in advance this way and there a lots of low cost hotels / hostels in every major city ... There is a 30 day rail pass available everywhere in europe if you like to go this way. You can use it all over europe and it is valid on every train in every country with nearly no limitations ! ( But not on the high speed trains in France and the UK ! )
If you prefer we have a bunch of low cost airlines, too ( for example easyjet ) .
Just ask and I and the other boardmembers will be happy to help with your travel plans in europe !!
Stephan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts