Disneyland Price Increase

Another Voice

Charter Member of The Element
Of note – Disneyland raised prices of tickets on Monday. A one-day adult admission to Disneyland or California Adventure is now $45 and a Children’s admission is $35.

Of course, these price increases are somewhat meaningless for us California residents. There are so many offers to help the struggling California Adventure that I think only the tourists have to pay full fare (sorry Mr. Weiss).

When the Crook & Pirate families visit, I assume you'll be getting us in for free, so I have no worries, right?:rolleyes:
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Originally posted by Another Voice
There are so many offers to help the struggling California Adventure that I think only the tourists have to pay full fare (sorry Mr. Weiss).
I don't have to pay full fare. I don't have to pay anything at all. That's because we aren't going to Disneyland this summer. Oh, we'll go go lots of other places in Southern California during our 9-night stay -- but not to the Disneyland Resort. You might run into us at the J. Paul Getty Museum, or on Catalina Island, or at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, or at Crystal Cove State Beach, or at Legoland.

I'm not going to pay $180 plus parking just to visit California Adventure -- a park that offers very little that we really want to experience, and where two of the top attractions are 3-D movies that we've already seen several times in Florida.

I would have considered buying four 3-Day Hoppers and saving the other two days for future years -- except that "Tickets expire 13 days after first use." What's that all about? They don't do that at WDW.

I might have considered 1-Day Hoppers (even though Disneyland Park really doesn't have much to offer that we haven't already seen) -- except that there's no such thing.

I might have considered reduced-price Disneyland Resort tickets for WDW Annual Pass holders -- except that there's no such thing either.

Look for us on Balboa Island!

Mr. Weiss, you’ve chosen the same option that millions of local California residents have taken toward this place. It’s simply not worth the money. At this point Disney management is too blinded by greed and ego to recognize that fact. The resort will suffer for years for their small visions.

There are rumors that yet another ticket scheme will be put into place after Spring Break. And there’s growing pressure to come up with some sort of one-day park hopper along the line of what Disneyland Paris is using with its underwhelming Studio park. I’ll post any information that becomes available.

It’s very scary that Pressler still can’t understand why real people would choose Balboa over his expensive parking lot carnival.

Originally posted by Another Voice
There are rumors that yet another ticket scheme will be put into place after Spring Break. And there’s growing pressure to come up with some sort of one-day park hopper along the line of what Disneyland Paris is using with its underwhelming Studio park. I’ll post any information that becomes available.
Any news about such a ticket scheme?

As it now stands, we're still planning not to go to the Disneyland Resort.

Alas when i go in Dec. i will being paying the higher price. But without EE i will save alot of money on hotel/food costs!!!

Please do be kind enough to post if you hear of any discounts for us out-of-state visitors. We are going in August but Disneyland will only be a tiny part of our trip as it stands right now and we will definitely be staying offsite. It seems pointless to stay onsite at Disneyland from everything I've seen.

Balboa Island eh? Thanks for the info. :)

Still no word on any out-of-town discounts. The basic feeling is that tourists will pay so there is no incentive to do anything. Disney really is trying to push the local market; they’ve been advertising Annual Passes for the first time. There are rumors about all kinds of special events that are planned, but the failure of the Soap Star weekends at California Adventure is causing some concern. Most of the effort now is going into shrinking DCA’s operations to fit the attendance rather than on boasting attendance in the first place.

The slowly dawning realization is that the problems with California Adventure can not be fixed with ticketing gimmicks. Few in Anaheim and no one in Burbank wants to deal with that fact. It’s looking more likely that people will simply do nothing but wait for Flick’s Fun Fair and ‘Tower of Terror’ to “fix” the problem. And when that doesn’t happen we’ll see another round of panicked marketing moves.

As for Balboa – if you’re visiting California spend time at a real beach instead of Disney’s cheap concrete pond. Paul still doesn’t understand.

...even though Disneyland Park really doesn't have much to offer that we haven't already seen

I find that there are at least a "few" attractions worth repeat visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter