Disneyland price rise.

Disney Frenhines

DIS Veteran
I booked my Disneyland trip via the Disney site as I could find no British travel company who did these trips, my local TAs were totally hopeless, the TUI store didn't even know where Anaheim was.
Anyway, I'm paying in USD and now the GBP is so weak against it my trip cost has risen £35 in a week. Not wanting to get political, but, Brexit is disastrous for Sterling, even if you book your trip with a UK TA and pay in Sterling, your spending money is going to be a lot less. I think the DDP would end up being a good thing to get, even if it isn't free. Unfortunately as a UK AP holder I can't add it to the WDW part of my trip, but, I would if I could.

I booked my Disneyland trip via the Disney site as I could find no British travel company who did these trips, my local TAs were totally hopeless, the TUI store didn't even know where Anaheim was.
Anyway, I'm paying in USD and now the GBP is so weak against it my trip cost has risen £35 in a week. Not wanting to get political, but, Brexit is disastrous for Sterling, even if you book your trip with a UK TA and pay in Sterling, your spending money is going to be a lot less. I think the DDP would end up being a good thing to get, even if it isn't free. Unfortunately as a UK AP holder I can't add it to the WDW part of my trip, but, I would if I could.
I feel your pain! We booked a placeholder on our last Disney Cruise and I didn't receive the confirmation email until after we returned to land and didn't pay too much attention to the fact it was in USD. I called to transfer it to an actual booking last week and was told as the placeholder is in USD, my reservation must be too. As the Pounds continue to fall, I am beginning to get concerned that the cost could become prohibitive, but hopefully something will happen to stop that (not going to get political!). The cruise is attached to a WDW trip too which fortunately has the free dining and $200 gift card - I was thinking early how much more valuable they are becoming! We also have two other trips to the US before that, it's a shame that our spending money is just decreasing every day.

I can trump this. I booked a holiday at Disneyland California last year....flying out on November 2nd this year! I'd already bought park tickets in advance, so in that respect was lucky, especially as I bought them just before Disneyland raised their ticket prices. And I'd booked the flight at the same time (in steeling via BA, but I assume costs of everything have risen due to Brexit), but since I'm not at a Disney hotel this time (far too expensive) I've booked Candy Cane. They don't allow payment in advance so I will have to pay the full price for the accommodation the week after Brexit, with them taking one night's payment in advance from my credit card two days before arrival, yes, Brexit day. If it actually happens. Who knows, it may be cancelled and suddenly sterling will shoot up again. However, I'm a bit lucky again that already have a certain amount of dollars in cash left over from previous trips which should cover most of my spending money. I intend to get a gift card on arrival to use that instead of cash - I still get confused trying to work out the exact change for purchases. I panic, and just hand over a large bill and end up with loads and loads of coins!

I can trump this. I booked a holiday at Disneyland California last year....flying out on November 2nd this year! I'd already bought park tickets in advance, so in that respect was lucky, especially as I bought them just before Disneyland raised their ticket prices. And I'd booked the flight at the same time (in steeling via BA, but I assume costs of everything have risen due to Brexit), but since I'm not at a Disney hotel this time (far too expensive) I've booked Candy Cane. They don't allow payment in advance so I will have to pay the full price for the accommodation the week after Brexit, with them taking one night's payment in advance from my credit card two days before arrival, yes, Brexit day. If it actually happens. Who knows, it may be cancelled and suddenly sterling will shoot up again. However, I'm a bit lucky again that already have a certain amount of dollars in cash left over from previous trips which should cover most of my spending money. I intend to get a gift card on arrival to use that instead of cash - I still get confused trying to work out the exact change for purchases. I panic, and just hand over a large bill and end up with loads and loads of coins!
I paid for my flights when I booked last year using Virgin miles, so that's not a worry, and I have cash and money on a prepaid card. I stay at BW Anaheim Inn as I've stayed there before and like the convenience being a solo female traveller. I nearly paid off the hotel and tickets when I booked them last year, but, I gambled on the Brexit situation not being such the sh*t storm it is turning out to be. As a remainer who did her research before the referendum I knew this would be an economic disaster, but, I never imagined anything like this and with BJ at the helm of HMS Sh*t storm I dread what the GBP will be like after 31/10.
The spending is going to be minimal this trip.

I feel your pain! We booked a placeholder on our last Disney Cruise and I didn't receive the confirmation email until after we returned to land and didn't pay too much attention to the fact it was in USD. I called to transfer it to an actual booking last week and was told as the placeholder is in USD, my reservation must be too. As the Pounds continue to fall, I am beginning to get concerned that the cost could become prohibitive, but hopefully something will happen to stop that (not going to get political!). The cruise is attached to a WDW trip too which fortunately has the free dining and $200 gift card - I was thinking early how much more valuable they are becoming! We also have two other trips to the US before that, it's a shame that our spending money is just decreasing every day.
The DDP is going to be a big saver now the GBP is so weak. Don't forget lunch and breakfast are QSDP credits, I had the DDP in March, breakfast was $38 including a Mimosa and they told me I could have a soft beverage too, not sure if I should have strictly speaking, so that bumped it up to $43 value for one meal when the whole day of 2 meals and two snacks was $51.

The DDP is going to be a big saver now the GBP is so weak. Don't forget lunch and breakfast are QSDP credits, I had the DDP in March, breakfast was $38 including a Mimosa and they told me I could have a soft beverage too, not sure if I should have strictly speaking, so that bumped it up to $43 value for one meal when the whole day of 2 meals and two snacks was $51.
I forgot to say this is at Be Our Guest

It is indeed. I'm hoping that by next year sense will have prevailed and the Pound is recovering, but as you said with BJ at the helm who knows. Hope you enjoy your trip!

I paid for my flights when I booked last year using Virgin miles, so that's not a worry, and I have cash and money on a prepaid card. I stay at BW Anaheim Inn as I've stayed there before and like the convenience being a solo female traveller. I nearly paid off the hotel and tickets when I booked them last year, but, I gambled on the Brexit situation not being such the sh*t storm it is turning out to be. As a remainer who did her research before the referendum I knew this would be an economic disaster, but, I never imagined anything like this and with BJ at the helm of HMS Sh*t storm I dread what the GBP will be like after 31/10.
The spending is going to be minimal this trip.

We sound so similar, LOL! Remainer - check. Solo Traveller - check. Frenhines - you speak my language. Female...ah, that's where we differ!

It is indeed. I'm hoping that by next year sense will have prevailed and the Pound is recovering, but as you said with BJ at the helm who knows. Hope you enjoy your trip!
I've decided not to shop so much, probably a good thing as my house is filled with Disney merch. I'm going to focus on photos and food. I'm doing the Halloween parties in both DL and WDW, so plenty of candy to bring home. Being a WDW AP holder will help too.
I feel more for the people going on their once in a lifetime trips. I'm monitoring the exchange rates and tonight's by election, which may also affect the exchange rates. Fingers crossed for all Brits going anywhere abroad on their holidays this year that things will improve and always shop around for rates, Tesco was $1.16 while FAIRFX was $1.18, not a huge difference, but that $20 difference is a round of snacks for a family of four.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!