Disneyland Railroad

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
Is/when will the Disneyland Railroad open? It has not been on the monthly refurbishment list but is listed on the daily schedule as closed. Thank you!

Is/when will the Disneyland Railroad open? It has not been on the monthly refurbishment list but is listed on the daily schedule as closed. Thank you!
I believe it was supposed to be done in March already, when the refurbishment was announced. Looking at the daily schedule it will remain closed till September at least. Latest date we can check now is September 14th.

It's still closed because the Chaparral Theater is way behind schedule.

So where will they perform the new Lion King Show? I thought it was odd that the website was still saying the location was tba.

Disneyland Paris' PR team insist Frontierland Theater will be ready on time.
One more week and well' know…

Apparently the front is ready, so the stage and seats, just not the backstage, but it was ok'ed to preform the show as is
But they also announced they'll broadcast the show in Cinemaque

Indeed.

It will be interesting to see how things turns out. Last time they were “late” for a new season was for the first year of Marvel, and it was a complete failure. Let's hope they get things right this time.

I was wondering as well... because I was hoping it would open in time for my trip in August...
I guess it all depends when they finish the theater...

Any update from someone who is there? Lion King offerings are scheduled to begin on the 30th, I believe.

I am now in line for the second Lion King show of the day (1:15 hour queue), the railroad station in Frontierland is closed off.

The rail road has been closed since October 2018 I believe. This is due to a mixture of cost savings and the construction of the new Frontierland Theatre.

They have actually pulled a section of the track up behind the new theatre to allow construction traffic to access the area. There were photos backstage from the run weekend which show the exterior of the back of the theatre wasn't finished in time for the Lion King show starting in June. Now the show has finished they will resume work on finishing the theatre, then replace the train tracks and then it will re-open.

It seems to keep getting pushed back - but it will be at least mid-December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter