Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Just got home from DTD. I left my house a little after 8. Arrived around 8:30ish. I have never been to the Simba lot so I made sure to find it. I sort of just hung around across the way near Katella and West. Once it was nearing 9:45 I went to the Simba lot. The line to park was pretty long. I came from the opposite direction so I had to U-turn in front of Paradise Pier at that light to park. Parking was easy. The line for the temp check looked longer than it was since everyone is so spaced out. I got through within a couple of minutes. BEWARE: If you stand in the sun, the thermometers might say you have a fever. They have you sit to the side and cool off for 5 minutes then re-check your temp. That happened to me (and a ton of other people). It originally showed 100.0. When I was in the shade for less than 5 minutes it went to 98.3. And now I am home, and it's 97.7 with the A/C on. So it was for sure the sun.

Everyone heads to WOD 1st. When I got in line, it was back to the exit of WOD. It went fast though. Later on they had to use the mobile queue system. Did some shopping. Then I went over to the Dress Shop to browse. Most stores had a line, but they were pretty short. The Disney Home Store's line shocked me the most. I decided to not wait in it. I browsed around to different stores. I saw great mask compliance. If you need to take a break without your mask, the area where they normally load the trams is the designated mask rest zone. I didn't go near any of the food places b/c I didn't want to be near others without masks on.

- Few things:
I saw people in bandanas and gaiters

If you have a pass that has expired, but you wanted to extend it, they ARE allowing you to use your discount on merchandise.

There is plenty of space to move around and social distance

Everyone was respectful and I didn't see people hoarding merchandise (I think day 1 had the resellers)

Make sure the print on your masks is not too small. Photopass pictures are not close ups, if they are taken from a few feet away, the print will get smaller. A mask with Minnie's polka dots will always be recognizable, but a mask with a print of Beauty and the Beast stained glass windows will probably don't show up properly on pictures.
Oh, excellent point! I have some of the stained glass masks, so a good thing to think on...

Merida on her horse at WDW have been posted a few times. Sadly, they aren’t being protected very well and this happened today:

Poor horse. That is very scary for him. How in world did that happen? Did the kid/person let go of it? That is one of those freak things that you just never anticipate. Merida kept her cool and did great on the horse.

Merida on her horse at WDW have been posted a few times. Sadly, they aren’t being protected very well and this happened today:

Poor horse really got spooked by that! Glad all the cast appeared to be ok.

Also... I didn’t think parades were going to be a thing right at reopen?

Poor horse really got spooked by that! Glad all the cast appeared to be ok.

Also... I didn’t think parades were going to be a thing right at reopen?
I follow Living By Disney and she said that there are parades but they do not list the times on the app so it doesn’t cause crowds. No one knows when things will happen they are at random.

Poor horse. That is very scary for him. How in world did that happen? Did the kid/person let go of it? That is one of those freak things that you just never anticipate. Merida kept her cool and did great on the horse.
Apparently, a toddler started to run out to Merida. An adult grabbed yhe child, but thst caused e toddler let go of the balloon.

Apparently, a toddler started to run out to Merida. An adult grabbed yhe child, but thst caused e toddler let go of the balloon.
Parents please control your children. If that child had made it out to the horse, the horse could have kicked the child with rather horrible results.
I love the characters on the horses, but I wonder if this will have Disney rethink this idea.

Parents please control your children. If that child had made it out to the horse, the horse could have kicked the child with rather horrible results.
I love the characters on the horses, but I wonder if this will have Disney rethink this idea.

I don’t think the child was out of control. The father grabbed the child immediately, so he was obviously paying attention. Let’s not immediately jump to “blame the parents.” Toddlers have a mind of their own, the child was excited to see Merida, jumped up, Dad immediately grabbed the child. It was a freak incident that the balloon got away and somehow managed to get tangled in the horse’s leg.

As a parent of two young children, who have done things in a split second no matter how closely I was watching, the phrase “parents control your children” really irritates me, as this dad was obviously paying attention because he grabbed the kid immediately. I mean the child didn’t even do anything wrong.

Just got home from DTD. I left my house a little after 8. Arrived around 8:30ish. I have never been to the Simba lot so I made sure to find it. I sort of just hung around across the way near Katella and West. Once it was nearing 9:45 I went to the Simba lot. The line to park was pretty long. I came from the opposite direction so I had to U-turn in front of Paradise Pier at that light to park. Parking was easy. The line for the temp check looked longer than it was since everyone is so spaced out. I got through within a couple of minutes. BEWARE: If you stand in the sun, the thermometers might say you have a fever. They have you sit to the side and cool off for 5 minutes then re-check your temp. That happened to me (and a ton of other people). It originally showed 100.0. When I was in the shade for less than 5 minutes it went to 98.3. And now I am home, and it's 97.7 with the A/C on. So it was for sure the sun.

Everyone heads to WOD 1st. When I got in line, it was back to the exit of WOD. It went fast though. Later on they had to use the mobile queue system. Did some shopping. Then I went over to the Dress Shop to browse. Most stores had a line, but they were pretty short. The Disney Home Store's line shocked me the most. I decided to not wait in it. I browsed around to different stores. I saw great mask compliance. If you need to take a break without your mask, the area where they normally load the trams is the designated mask rest zone. I didn't go near any of the food places b/c I didn't want to be near others without masks on.

- Few things:
I saw people in bandanas and gaiters

If you have a pass that has expired, but you wanted to extend it, they ARE allowing you to use your discount on merchandise.

There is plenty of space to move around and social distance

Everyone was respectful and I didn't see people hoarding merchandise (I think day 1 had the resellers)

Thank you for sharing your experience! Same thing happened to me when I got a haircut today. It was hot outside, and when they took my temp, it said it was 100.5. I waited inside for about 3 minutes, and it was 98.5 when they re-took it. The first thing I thought of was Disneyland, and how this must happen a lot there. Disney World too I would think.

Also very glad to hear that people are complying with masks and social distancing!

Well that's not a good sign Disney ! Let's hope that the cast members letting these people in get retrained ASAP
I have a feeling this will be an inconsistent thing. I know at DS gaiters and bandanas are allowed. I'm assuming this is because DS is an outdoor shopping mall, as is DTD. However the rules do technically say you need earloops with your face covering.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Same thing happened to me when I got a haircut today. It was hot outside, and when they took my temp, it said it was 100.5. I waited inside for about 3 minutes, and it was 98.5 when they re-took it. The first thing I thought of was Disneyland, and how this must happen a lot there. Disney World too I would think.

Also very glad to hear that people are complying with masks and social distancing!
Yeah so many people showed high temps. When we got pulled to the side, the people at the tent said it's due to the heat. We all got cleared within less than 5 minutes.

Yeah so many people showed high temps. When we got pulled to the side, the people at the tent said it's due to the heat. We all got cleared within less than 5 minutes.

With lots of people recording high temps I’m surprised I didn’t. When I drove by the Simba lot it was closed to capacity at the time. I had to park across Katella closer to the convention center in a residential neighborhood. Then I had to walk close to a mile in 95 degree heat to get to DtD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!