Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

With lots of people recording high temps I’m surprised I didn’t. When I drove by the Simba lot it was closed to capacity at the time. I had to park across Katella closer to the convention center in a residential neighborhood. Then I had to walk close to a mile in 95 degree heat to get to DtD.
Maybe because you were in open air? I got to Anaheim relatively early so I just rode around, and then sat in my car for a while. So I think that, plus standing in the sun made me run warm.

Yeah so many people showed high temps. When we got pulled to the side, the people at the tent said it's due to the heat. We all got cleared within less than 5 minutes.
I thought that they needed more umbrellas up where all the outside lines were located (both at security and outside stores) when I was there yesterday. It's easy to heat up when your in the sun and wearing a mask. Having some umbrella shade would really help.

I follow Living By Disney and she said that there are parades but they do not list the times on the app so it doesn’t cause crowds. No one knows when things will happen they are at random.
When you watch the video the Tim Tracker made, you will see some of the different mini parades they have, and apparently they come in cycles. It is unannounced, when you here the music something is coming. And you best just hang around Main Street..

What I have seen on several videos. First is Mickey and Friends do the parade route, a bit later Tink's float, there is one with the princesses, Merida and Gaston alternate on horse. But I think that after this incident with the balloon, I wouldn't be surprised if these characters get cancelled or replaced with another float.

Last edited:
More information regarding WDW and DAS:

lovethattink said:
We went to Guest Services and set up my son’s DAS today. We didn’t need it. But were advised that it works the same. Though some fast pass lines won’t be labeled since fp+ isn’t being used. We were told to locate a cm and ask how that attraction’s return time works as they may vary from attraction to attraction.

DAS for AP is still 60 days.

Guest Services can set up your initial return time. After that, you’ll need to locate a cm at an attraction to set up a return time.

From the WDW boards regarding an AP renewal/extension issue (for any DLR APs in a similar situation, heads up!):
gatordude99 said:
We did encounter one problem, that I think more people may experience as time goes on. Our son’s annual pass had been due to expire just a few days after the lockdown started. So when the parks reopened, his pass was due to expire on July 22nd. Since this put us into the window where we could renew his pass, we renewed it a week or so before this trip. Following the renewal covering July 22, 2020 to 2021, the Disney ticket system essentially forgot that it had extended his 2019-2020 pass from March 2020 to July 22nd. So when we showed up at AK, the system didn’t have him as an active passholder. It took around 45 minutes to get this sorted out with Guest Services (in the very hot sun). Anyone who renews their pass after the lockdown extension, but who plans to use their pass during the dates covered by the original pass should probably call ahead to sort this out ahead of time...

In regards to masks at DTD. They really are enforcing the mask rule! I posted this in the DTD community thread, and on the main superthread so people are aware.

For people going to DTD in the coming days, make sure your mask is on BEFORE approaching the temperature check line. Some people when getting out of their cars had masks in hand, but not on. When they got close to the line, the CM made sure to have them put them on. Also, if anyone was meeting their group towards the front, needing to pass other, and didn't have the mask on, they were instructed to not go near any other guests. So they are really enforcing the mask rule.

Just booked a Southwest flight to DL in October. The price was good, and I can reschedule without penalty. I'm tempted to book the room, but I prefer to book everything in a package. With the parks being closed I can't buy tickets/fastpass yet. Should I book the room now to ensure availability when the parks open? If I do that, I can add tickets later - correct? I also want trip insurance, but can't get that without tickets. What to do? What to do? TIA

Envious and Jealous of all the people in Florida having their park(s) reopen. After my experience in DtD yesterday and seeing pics of Disney World with very light crowds, IMO there is no reason to be scared of Covid while going to Disney. I was in DtD 3 hours and the only people I saw not wearing masks were sitting down eating. There was only one person I saw wearing a mask below the nose and a CM told them to fix it. At Disney World I've seen pics of almost every ride being only a five min wait. Even major rides like Flight of Passage and Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Paths around the parks look empty. I want that experience at Disneyland!

At the beginning of this pandemic I remember the Governor saying something like Disneyland may operate under separate jurisdictions from the rest of the state. Obviously a lot has changed since then but at one point it was reported Iger was working with Newsom in some manner. I hope Iger is still in Newsom's ear in some capacity and is working to get the park that started it all open ASAP.

Envious and Jealous of all the people in Florida having their park(s) reopen. After my experience in DtD yesterday and seeing pics of Disney World with very light crowds, IMO there is no reason to be scared of Covid while going to Disney. I was in DtD 3 hours and the only people I saw not wearing masks were sitting down eating. There was only one person I saw wearing a mask below the nose and a CM told them to fix it. At Disney World I've seen pics of almost every ride being only a five min wait. Even major rides like Flight of Passage and Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Paths around the parks look empty. I want that experience at Disneyland!

At the beginning of this pandemic I remember the Governor saying something like Disneyland may operate under separate jurisdictions from the rest of the state. Obviously a lot has changed since then but at one point it was reported Iger was working with Newsom in some manner. I hope Iger is still in Newsom's ear in some capacity and is working to get the park that started it all open ASAP.
I hear you, and share a lot of what you’re feeling/thinking as well. I think the problem is getting every single person on the same page and mass compliance like you saw at Dtd. If we can achieve consistent and mass compliance then it will make all spaces safer, but at this point that’s not the case.

I understand the envy. I am happy that people are wearing masks, but I believe the best defense is distance. From my experience today, there is not enough distancing between guests and between guests/castmembers.
I hope Disneyland can open safely and soon.

While I love the happy thoughts, one of the things that annoys me about the bloggers is the ‘nope everything’s fine no criticisms ever’ they have about Disney. This guy’s opinion was honest and I appreciated that.

I think they definitely need to have more cast members wandering around just to enforce things like social distancing in queues, etc. Maybe they will over time?

While I love the happy thoughts, one of the things that annoys me about the bloggers is the ‘nope everything’s fine no criticisms ever’ they have about Disney. This guy’s opinion was honest and I appreciated that.

I think they definitely need to have more cast members wandering around just to enforce things like social distancing in queues, etc. Maybe they will over time?
Just read his post on Insta. Some of what he mentioned regarding the rainstorms, and everyone crowding into a building for shelter was brought up over on the WDW board. That's going to be a hard one to control since it rains so much in Florida. Plus summer has lightning, so you want to get inside. I witnessed this in January on my trip (a relatively dry month for Florida), when a rainstorm rolled in and everyone ran for cover in to the nearest building.

I feel like the general consensus is that Disney has done the best they could during this situation. I hope they can safely remain open (I think Florida had 15,000 cases today :crazy2: )

I’m happy we don’t have that Florida rain to deal with at Disneyland! I noticed another post on Twitter about folks swarming hand sanitizer stations when getting off rides (come on now folks lol that defeats the purpose doesn’t it?) so I’m just taking my own mental notes. Definitely going to bring enough of my own and avoid relying on theirs. Thankfully, my years of addiction to Bath and Body Works has prepared me for this moment. 😂

Another thing I’ve seen is that stores felt more crowded which makes sense. Shopping first thing of the day might be a way to go (at least, the case used to be mornings the shops were emptier) and limiting to doing it all in one swoop on your last day.

I recall that when Newsom re-closed bars and a variety of other establishments, he said it would be for three weeks and then reassess. Does anyone recall when that happened? I feel like the last week of June maybe?

I recall that when Newsom re-closed bars and a variety of other establishments, he said it would be for three weeks and then reassess. Does anyone recall when that happened? I feel like the last week of June maybe?
June 28. Six counties. San Diego declared their own here too same date.

He may say something this week if the plateau that we are seeing stays this week or not.

I feel like the general consensus is that Disney has done the best they could during this situation.
I agree but feel like Disney needs to be better at anticipating possible scenarios and reacting quicker to them. I'm so glad they pulled the specialty merchandise because of course that was a crowd magnet.

To keep this on topic for Disneyland, do you foresee possible sticky situations? We aren't Florida but we do have burning hot summer days. Today was mild and I noticed already people were crowding to the sides to get some shade. There were some umbrellas but not enough for the number of people present.

I agree but feel like Disney needs to be better at anticipating possible scenarios and reacting quicker to them. I'm so glad they pulled the specialty merchandise because of course that was a crowd magnet.

Definitely, the 65th merch is an example of this too from that first day and people just being insane. And of course those are the videos you see go viral.

I think the thing to watch for too is when a popular ride goes down and then comes back up- people will flock there in a rush and crowd together without thinking. That was one of the things that happened at WDW too. I’m going to prepare myself to be extra aware of those more predictable situations to avoid them.

To keep this on topic for Disneyland, do you foresee possible sticky situations? We aren't Florida but we do have burning hot summer days. Today was mild and I noticed already people were crowding to the sides to get some shade. There were some umbrellas but not enough for the number of people present.
Definitely, the 65th merch is an example of this too from that first day and people just being insane. And of course those are the videos you see go viral.

I think the thing to watch for too is when a popular ride goes down and then comes back up- people will flock there in a rush and crowd together without thinking. That was one of the things that happened at WDW too. I’m going to prepare myself to be extra aware of those more predictable situations to avoid them.
I think the big merch raid could've been so much worse had the Splash merch and Main Attraction merch been available. So glad Disney saw the potential disaster that could've been and pulled it. I'm hoping Disney watches the highs and lows of the WDW opening so DL can open smoothly.

Heat for sure. We went to our local botanic gardens this weekend when it was 95 degrees out, and it’s a dry heat, not humid at all. So so so many people had their masks off, dangling from an ear, or pulled down below their chins. Shade areas are plentiful at the gardens, but it was tricky in spots finding a place to rest and drink some water that was a good distance away from others. My family soldiered on, but I didn’t love it and it did make me question whether I really want to go to DL next June if it’s going to be hot and humid in a mask.

Heat for sure. We went to our local botanic gardens this weekend when it was 95 degrees out, and it’s a dry heat, not humid at all. So so so many people had their masks off, dangling from an ear, or pulled down below their chins. Shade areas are plentiful at the gardens, but it was tricky in spots finding a place to rest and drink some water that was a good distance away from others. My family soldiered on, but I didn’t love it and it did make me question whether I really want to go to DL next June if it’s going to be hot and humid in a mask.
June typically isn’t that hot. Hope I don’t jinx anything after saying that lol. But it’s usually June Gloom. Usually the heat will pick up in July. Then August, September, and October are hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter