Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

A look at what safety measures are in place for the Disney Springs reopening today:
Disney Shares a Look at New Safety Measures in Place for Disney Springs' Reopening

I fully expect those same measures to go into place at DL as well. I think that DL will wait a little bit to see how it goes in Florida and then will do the same in CA. So, for example, in another week, I wouldn't be surprised if DL announces when DTD will re-open.

I think that DTD will re-open before DL & DCA do.

I rebooked our April trip to the last week in Sept (as late as I could get the rebooking discount + resort credit). Since this coincides with the usual Halloween time, do you think if the parks do open by then that they'll still have the Halloween stuff and HM changeover? I usually don't go at that time because I prefer to avoid the crowds and party, but now I guess crowds won't be the same. I also have a reservation in early Dec. for my annual sister trip so I'm also thinking about the Christmas decorations and if they will have more subdued holiday seasons. like maybe no parades or other entertainment options that bring a lot of people together in close quarters.

I'm also thinking about the Christmas decorations and if they will have more subdued holiday seasons. like maybe no parades or other entertainment options that bring a lot of people together in close quarters.

I’ve been wondering this too. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t have the parade. Fireworks could be a maybe? Parades tend to draw people like magnets, even those just walking by. At least with fireworks there’s more viewing areas and maybe (?) easier to spread people out. Either way, it’s a bummer if we lose those entertainment options. That’s one of my favorite parts of the holidays. But I’m guessing when December rolls around I’ll be so desperate for my Disney fix it won’t be a dealbreaker. A month ago I was on here saying ‘no way, I’m not going without entertainment!’ and my tune has changed entirely. I’ll just be happy now to get to go period.

I’ve been wondering this too. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t have the parade. Fireworks could be a maybe? Parades tend to draw people like magnets, even those just walking by. At least with fireworks there’s more viewing areas and maybe (?) easier to spread people out. Either way, it’s a bummer if we lose those entertainment options. That’s one of my favorite parts of the holidays. But I’m guessing when December rolls around I’ll be so desperate for my Disney fix it won’t be a dealbreaker. A month ago I was on here saying ‘no way, I’m not going without entertainment!’ and my tune has changed entirely. I’ll just be happy now to get to go period.
Yes, same! I think I'll just be happy to be able to go. At least they can probably offer seasonal music and treats :). I sooooo look forward to Christmas for all of the special touches, but this year I will be happy if I'm able to get back to the park. Do you think they'll have the concierge lounge open? My sis and I made a super special reservation for the Fairy Tale Suite in Dec. I may have to put that one on hold; if I'm going to pay that much, I want it to come with everything!

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...-to-eat-in-a-reopened-disney-world-right-now/
This article gives some insight into the mask and eating discussion we were having. Actually seems pretty doable. Mask comes off when you sit in the restaurant and back on when you get up. The walking around and munching part is a bit more tricky (mask off and take a bite, mask back on) but again it’s manageable. Might just be easier to get the churro, sit on a bench and eat rather than walk while eating.

Ooh you know what's on my wish list for a reopened DL? Permanently opened CM breezeways along the backside of the shops of Main Street (do they even have an official name? I just mentally call them the 5 and the 405).

And don't tell anyone about them, just crack them open a bit, and if you know, you know :rolleyes1

This is me. When the closure first happened, I was not very open to the idea of no parades, fireworks, shows, etc. I'm still not 100% happy that could be the reality, but I don't care anymore. I would do anything just to walk on main street lol. If Disney opened today, I don't even need to ride the rides, I just want to walk around. :) Even DTD. I don't even like it that much, but if it opened for food and shopping I would happily drive down to visit lol

I would do anything just to walk on main street lol. If Disney opened today, I don't even need to ride the rides, I just want to walk around. :) Even DTD. I don't even like it that much, but if it opened for food and shopping I would happily drive down to visit lol

Have we hit rock bottom yet? hahah... I'm personally waiting for the "just open the M&F structure and @midnight star will drive around in circles listening to Fantasmic music, @TikiTikiFan you throw fire crackers out the window, and I will spray mists of water from a spray bottle" post :lmao:

I don’t think they will do the HM overlay this year at all since the refurb hadn’t been completed prior to the shut down. May be wishful thinking on my part though since I specifically booked in May to see regular HM this year and now we’re booked in November.

I think there will be minimal entertainment since it would be hard to control crowds for parades, fireworks, etc.

As for buffets, if they’re open the will not be self serve. There will be CM’s at stations to do the actual serving.

Anyone want to shoot random theories/estimates on when masks will no longer be required (since I think it's all but confirmed that when the parks reopen it'll be with masks required)?
I would say April next year. They say they are execting a second wave in Winter so I think masks are going to be required through winter.

I don’t think they will do the HM overlay this year at all since the refurb hadn’t been completed prior to the shut down. May be wishful thinking on my part though since I specifically booked in May to see regular HM this year and now we’re booked in November.

I think there will be minimal entertainment since it would be hard to control crowds for parades, fireworks, etc.

As for buffets, if they’re open the will not be self serve. There will be CM’s at stations to do the actual serving.
I agree with you. I think we are just going to see Disneyland decorated for Halloween but that's it. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled Oogie Boogie Bash this year.

Anyone want to shoot random theories/estimates on when masks will no longer be required (since I think it's all but confirmed that when the parks reopen it'll be with masks required)?
I’m hopeful by spring 2022. I think it’s going onto be a long time, because I don’t think it will happen until a vaccine is developed, manufactured, and administered to a critical mass.

I’m hopeful by spring 2022. I think it’s going onto be a long time, because I don’t think it will happen until a vaccine is developed, manufactured, and administered to a critical mass
I think the vaccine will be created and available a bit faster then 2022, but masks are here to stay until then IMO.

Good news from France, themeparks are allowed to reopen from June 2nd if they can take precautions. No news from DLP itself about the plans. Park Puy de Fou has announced to reopen on June 11th.

Source: ED92

So there has been discussions on how people would react and behave to the new normal safety measures. I came across a news article talking about a Costco employee that was verbally abused by a customer for asking said customer to wear a mask, and it was horrifying to say the least. The Costco employee handled the situation with the patience of a saint. I do not think this is an uncommon nor isolated incident sadly. I will not post a link to the article as the video has graphic language in it but if anyone is interested in seeing the "better members of our society" in action just google search :man refuses to wear mask at Costco.

It truly makes me sad to see how badly people can behave but truly thankful that most people are not like this man in the video, though it only takes one person to ruin things for all.

Not directed at anyone in the Disforum but shouts to the world in general: Behave like you were talking to your mother. Kindness and consideration is what the world needs right now.

/ENDRANT

So there has been discussions on how people would react and behave to the new normal safety measures. I came across a news article talking about a Costco employee that was verbally abused by a customer for asking said customer to wear a mask, and it was horrifying to say the least. The Costco employee handled the situation with the patience of a saint. I do not think this is an uncommon nor isolated incident sadly. I will not post a link to the article as the video has graphic language in it but if anyone is interested in seeing the "better members of our society" in action just google search :man refuses to wear mask at Costco.

It truly makes me sad to see how badly people can behave but truly thankful that most people are not like this man in the video, though it only takes one person to ruin things for all.

Not directed at anyone in the Disforum but shouts to the world in general: Behave like you were talking to your mother. Kindness and consideration is what the world needs right now.

/ENDRANT
And that was a good case that just resulted in a jerk losing his cart of toilet paper and laundry detergent. Keep in mind a Target employee had his arm broken and a Family Dollar security guard was killed over asking people to wear a mask.

These stressful times aren't exactly bringing out the best in everyone, but I do want to say thank you to the DISers here who have been making the effort to show kindness and good humor here on the boards -- that goes a long way these days and means a lot more than you might think. We've had people comment that they come here specifically for the civility and kindness that they find here on this board. Keep up the good work!

I'm going to put 6 months out in the universe, after which it will become encouraged.

But I also said all US parks would open by May 18 in a previous post, so take that with a grain of salt :rolleyes1
I would say April next year. They say they are execting a second wave in Winter so I think masks are going to be required through winter.
I’m hopeful by spring 2022. I think it’s going onto be a long time, because I don’t think it will happen until a vaccine is developed, manufactured, and administered to a critical mass.

Oh, no, the random predictions for masks keep getting worse! (Anyone want to estimate something more optimistic, like two weeks or something? XD)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts