Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Disneyland (CA), cleared their June calendar. However Disneyland hotels ARE accepting reservations beginning July 1st. Could be a sign...
I think they'll take a reservation system when they open up.

Disneyland (CA), cleared their June calendar. However Disneyland hotels ARE accepting reservations beginning July 1st. Could be a sign...
I think they'll take a reservation system when they open up.

I think they were accepting June reservations at one point too. Wouldn’t read too much into it, they don’t know when they’re opening, too many factors our of their control.

If read a few tea leaves that point to a July open. Can any one help answer these questsions?

1. Admission isn't guaranteed right? Its by reservation system?
2. Is stay at Disney properties required for admission?
3. Is July the rumored open date?

1. Very very very likely, based on what we see in Shanghai and other themeparks across Europe.
2. No idea, could be.
3. No date mentioned yet. But you can find rumours for why Disneyland would open in a particular month.

My biggest question is how are they going to control capacity. We usually stay on Harbor, but I’m thinking resort guests might get priority, followed by a lottery system for APs. Should I make an on property reservations for our tentative dates? We have October and December booked.
As I mentioned to Tedwash, several themeparks in Europe have adopted a reservation system. Some have 2, one for AP holders, one for regular guests. AP guests got in those cases priority over other guests, but the amount of AP guests to the park is capped.

I'm not sure if Disney hotel guests will get priority over AP guests or not. Of course hotel guests bring in more money, but as DL is so dependent on their locals, many who have an AP. Disney will need something good in place to please these AP-guests. Also, because the Disney owned hotels are very overpriced, in comparison to the hotels surrounding Disneyland, it could cause a backlash as it will make visiting Disneyland something for the rich.
Also, if Disneyhotel guests would get priority, what would that do for the relationship Disneyland has with the surrounding hotels on the boulevard? Also this can cause backlash from their partners.
I only see Disneyland give priority to Disney hotel guests over AP holders if they also cap the amount of guests in the Disney hotels .

If reservations will be required, it could be like how DLR hotel guests got a dedicated SWGE reservation time rather than fight the online booking system. Everyone will still have access to getting one, but it will be much easier and guaranteed for a specific day/time if you stay at a DLR hotel.

This is what I imagine as well. I booked DLH, but if I can get a reservation a different way, I would switch hotels.

Based on the speculative capacity info out there I think onsite guests will get a for sure reservation into the parks, with AP’s getting second priority based on the tier of their pass. I think to alleviate some potential anger of the AP pass holders they will extend passes based on when the reservation period is lifted. Does that make sense?? That still gives plenty of people staying at the surrounding hotels a chance for a reservation.

I think staying onsite will definitely have an incentive because they’ll want the resorts filled because that’s just more money they’ll be making.

Based on the speculative capacity info out there I think onsite guests will get a for sure reservation into the parks, with AP’s getting second priority based on the tier of their pass. I think to alleviate some potential anger of the AP pass holders they will extend passes based on when the reservation period is lifted. Does that make sense?? That still gives plenty of people staying at the surrounding hotels a chance for a reservation.

I think staying onsite will definitely have an incentive because they’ll want the resorts filled because that’s just more money they’ll be making.
I also think that many of the on site reservations will be, at least for a few months, rebookings that had to be canceled because of the virus. I think that Disney would want to make sure those people were not further put out.

I’m starting to wonder if what happens in LA is going to affect when Disneyland opens. What I mean is, are they concerned that tons of LA county residents will flock to Disneyland if Disneyland opens before everything, or almost everything, gets up and running in LA? It’s like down here in San Diego, they won’t open the beach lots or even let us sit or stand on the beach because there’s literally nothing else to do here right now, and they’re worried about massive crowds hanging out on the beach. Am I making any sense?! 🤪

I’ve also started wondering if they’ll wait and open the parks after school starts as a way to manage crowds. I don’t know. Just speculating.

1. Very very very likely, based on what we see in Shanghai and other themeparks across Europe.
2. No idea, could be.
3. No date mentioned yet. But you can find rumours for why Disneyland would open in a particular month.

As I mentioned to Tedwash, several themeparks in Europe have adopted a reservation system. Some have 2, one for AP holders, one for regular guests. AP guests got in those cases priority over other guests, but the amount of AP guests to the park is capped.

I'm not sure if Disney hotel guests will get priority over AP guests or not. Of course hotel guests bring in more money, but as DL is so dependent on their locals, many who have an AP. Disney will need something good in place to please these AP-guests. Also, because the Disney owned hotels are very overpriced, in comparison to the hotels surrounding Disneyland, it could cause a backlash as it will make visiting Disneyland something for the rich.
Also, if Disneyhotel guests would get priority, what would that do for the relationship Disneyland has with the surrounding hotels on the boulevard? Also this can cause backlash from their partners.
I only see Disneyland give priority to Disney hotel guests over AP holders if they also cap the amount of guests in the Disney hotels .

1. I wonder how many AP's there are in Southern California? I bet the amount the local AP holders exceeds the park capacity (80k) a few times over.
2. Here's some crazy, mind boggling perspective. Do you know it costs more to stay at a Standard View (parking lot or street view) room at the Disneyland Hotel than it does to book a 1500sq ft Penthouse Fountain View at the Bellagio? And the penthouse even has a dining table for 4.

I just did a single night booking for July 15th which is a Wednesday.

- Disneyland Hotel (Standard View, 300 sq ft, King Bed or 2 queens. View of Parking structure or Katella Ave ) = $586/night.

- Bellagio Penthouse (Fountain View, 1550 sq ft, King or 2 queens, Fountain view, dining table, sleeps 5) = $548/night

thats just crazy

Just thought of something... 5 years ago was the 24 hour Disneyland event.

They should open the parks 24hrs, spread everyone out in shifts, and that way keep everyone socially distant but maintain parks capacity!

This is why I’m not in charge 😂

makes perfect sense, compare the supply of hotel rooms on park vs on strip, it’s magnitudes more in Vegas.

I dunno about you, but I’d rather go to Disneyland than Las Vegas!

Disneyland makes me happy, Las Vegas makes me hungover.

oh indeed. actually theres just as many hotels if not more near the park including all the majors. (Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton etc, etc) Personally I think Disney's clientele is a different breed. They'll spend whatever for the vacay. Spending in Vegas is different where you can pick and choose. If staying on property and going to the parks you're locked in to spent premium dollars.

Personally I think Disney's clientele is a different breed
There is certainly a different mindset for Disney park goers to stay on site. It is partially a feeling of exculsiveness that people feel they get as well as for some that feeling of staying within the Disney "Bubble". There has always been and always will be people who value that, which is what in large part what makes the world go round.

We have stayed on property GCH and PPH and absolutely loved it. We have stayed at off site Harbor side places as well. If we could afford to always stay on site we would but that's not always possible. I am more then a little concerned that the new norm might force on site stays to get into the parks, time will tell.

From the latest update on app, "We reserve the right to cancel any reservations, admission media, or purchases and provide applicable refunds." Crazy thought, but I'm going to throw this out there. Could this statement, combined with the refusal to extend expiration dates on tickets expiring at the end of this year, be a hint that they might intend to cancel and refund those tickets?

Reactions: EmJ
If they give priority to onsite hotel guests, do you think it will be one day for each night? Or length of stay? For instance, if we stay one night, do you think they would do both days on either side of the night? Or just one day?

I have two special days that I want to be able to go to the parks in July if they are open.

I remember with Galaxy's Edge it was one day per trip. I don't think they could do that. At least with Galaxy's Edge you could access the rest of the parks during the time you didn't have access. But I could see them limiting it one day per night booked.

Could this statement, combined with the refusal to extend expiration dates on tickets expiring at the end of this year, be a hint that they might intend to cancel and refund those tickets?
I read it as affirming they’ll refund vacation package and room-only deposits as well as special event tickets. Regular park tickets have always retained their value to use towards new, valid tickets.

Canadian and SoCal tickets fall under special promotions. Canadians will find it more difficult to return to DL and Disney’s goodwill is the ticket extension.

By extending the SoCal expiration date, it helps to spread out local day guests over a longer period of time.

I read it as affirming they’ll refund vacation package and room-only deposits as well as special event tickets. Regular park tickets have always retained their value to use towards new, valid tickets.

Canadian and SoCal tickets fall under special promotions. Canadians will find it more difficult to return to DL and Disney’s goodwill is the ticket extension.

By extending the SoCal expiration date, it helps to spread out local day guests over a longer period of time.
This all makes sense, I just wish they would extend the same courtesy to all ticket holders, without having to pay an upgrade. Especially as the closure lingers on and the parks will completely unavailable for much of the year.

I bet vloggers and bloggers are really sweating it. No way they should get unlimited excess with this reduced capacity. There are some who go almost daily. I know we are talking a small segment of APs, but the days of DL loitering are over for the foreseeable future. Disney would not want that inequity in full display.

Speaking of Vegas, DL is going to be focusing on their “whales” high rollers who are going to bring $ during low capacity to offset operational costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!