Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Interesting. My friend’s brother in law got a smoothie from there in October. Only remember because it took him 1 HOUR to walk from Jamba all the way to fantasyland because it was so crowded (ugh Columbus Day). It probably closed down later that month.

Yeah I was there 25th-28th, must have just closed. I remember it being hot and wanting a smoothie :(

I just called Naples. Napolini will indeed NOT be open. What a bummer. I'll try and convince my kid to get a pepperoni pretzel at Wetzels as a consolation prize. The other is happy about Earl of sandwich, though!

Is anyone going tomorrow? If so, can you tell me how Black Tap is handling their seating and ordering? How long their waits are? Etc.

Mods delete if this is not allowed here since it's WDW, but the story made me laugh. First the part about food prices but then the video made me really laugh.

Athletes Discovering High Cost of Disney Food

Now in their defense, that lunch is absolutely absurd for the price.
Omg, lol. $65 for that?! Surely, the food isn't that bad normally... right? I mean, theme park food is theme park food, but that's pretty 😬

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-disney-resort-hotel-bookings-resume-july-9/
WDW is opening up 2020 tickets and hotel reservations tomorrow. Anybody considering cancelling their DL plans for WDW? Both states are COVID hot spots right now. Without knowing when DL will open, I told my husband that switching plans might be a possibility. I am holding out hope that we hear something about DL this week or next week.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-disney-resort-hotel-bookings-resume-july-9/
WDW is opening up 2020 tickets and hotel reservations tomorrow. Anybody considering cancelling their DL plans for WDW? Both states are COVID hot spots right now. Without knowing when DL will open, I told my husband that switching plans might be a possibility. I am holding out hope that we hear something about DL this week or next week.
The thought has crossed my mind.....🤪. But flights are pricey....

Nope. We're on the west coast, so a plane ride to DL is significantly shorter than to Florida. That also typically means a smaller plane, which means we're exposed to fewer people for less time.

Not to mention, while CA is seeing cases go up, they don't compare to Florida.

No way. I couldn't be paid to step foot in Florida right now. The whole thing is desperately sad, but I didn't think it was a good idea to be visiting NYC in April, and I don't think it's a good idea to be visiting Florida now, no matter how much I like theme parks.

No way. I couldn't be paid to step foot in Florida right now. The whole thing is desperately sad, but I didn't think it was a good idea to be visiting NYC in April, and I don't think it's a good idea to be visiting Florida now, no matter how much I like theme parks.
This is where I'm at. I miss traveling so much and I am still holding a DL reservation for October, but I'm 99% positive I am going to be cancelling it or moving it next year. I just don't know that I will comfortable traveling anywhere this year unless it's an emergency.

Heck, I don’t even want to venture south of the Grapevine at this point. Apologies to all my so-cal people, we’ll meet again soooomeday, sooooomeday.

(Sorry not sorry for the continued Hamilton lyric dropping).

Florida is on a whole other scale, though.

All of my travels at this point are rural areas north of San Francisco. As badly as I miss my favorite taco stand in San Diego and the Holiday sandwich at Earl’s...I want to look out and see a great expanse of nothing!

Aside from the Florida situation, it's tempting! I haven't been to WDW since I was a teenager and my kiddos never been so I'd want that experience to be the full deal so that would hold me back from doing that. And the whole Florida cases.

I am so much more familiar with Disneyland and California in general I would feel more comfortable going there during a stressful time like this. Just something about that familiarity is reassuring. I know where the pharmacy is, I know where every bathroom at Disneyland is, every hiding place, etc. I think I'd be a wreck at WDW during all this... even if I felt safe to go near Florida!

I won't go to DTD, DLR, or WDW for some time, even though I currently hold 3 reservations for DLR (early Sept, late Sept, and Dec). I've been following all of the more conservative precautions and will continue to do so because (a), I'm in a risky group, and (b) I have multiple people depending on me to be well. My family comes before my own selfish interest in being at DLR.

Youtuber at cast previews asked a cast member how often they sanitize the ride vehicles and was told every two hours every ride vehicle gets sanitized. Buzz Lightyear was also only being sanitized every two hours- they went on to see.

Ride vehicles are all being loaded every other row. On splash many people were sent down in one party per log.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!