Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Compare the attitude and response to the question "when will kids summer camps open", of FL Gov. De Santis to that of CA Gov. Newsom (page down to the question at 48:40 if the link doesn't work). De Santis literally had not even stopped walking to the podium and opened with that statement, Newsom buried that question and response in the very end of his statements. Not posting this as a political statement, it's just important to see where we are, FL vs. CA. We are in So Cal and are keeping out Aug WDW reservation - fairly confident that will happen (fingers crossed). As for DL plans, well, I wouldn't even buy deeply discounted park tickets there right now.

Compare the attitude and response to the question "when will kids summer camps open", of FL Gov. De Santis to that of CA Gov. Newsom (page down to the question at 48:40 if the link doesn't work). De Santis literally had not even stopped walking to the podium and opened with that statement, Newsom buried that question and response in the very end of his statements. Not posting this as a political statement, it's just important to see where we are, FL vs. CA. We are in So Cal and are keeping out Aug WDW reservation - fairly confident that will happen (fingers crossed). As for DL plans, well, I wouldn't even buy deeply discounted park tickets there right now.

it’s telling, though...and informs our planning on here. WDW will definitely be open much sooner rather than later, the FL gov will sign off on pretty much anything that generates revenue - and there’s no bigger prize than Disney.

I think sports are instructive, too. FL designated WWE sports entertainment as “essential” and allowed to operate. CA, not so much. That tells you all you need to know about the thinking/lack of thinking re: opening dates.

I do disagree with you on the discounted tickets...but it’s moot since Disney rarely discounts anything. If anything, I would really think twice about renewing AP (I’m in nor cal) And just switch to individual tickets for at least the next year, even if it ends up costing a bit more.

I really hope we are not all the way into 2021. That's a lot of people out of work for a really long time.
I think the pressure is on to open sooner than that. I think we will see some sort of opening this summer. Whether that is July, August or September, I don't know.
I think we are going to have to learn to live with this virus. It's not going anywhere and a vaccine is just not a guarantee. There haven't been many successful vaccines for this type of virus.

I knew it would be in Stage 3. Orange county is also allowed to reopen hair salons beginning next week. We are basically almost in phase 3 already. I'm sticking with my "open by July" prediction. I imagine we will see Downtown Disney almost fully opened within 2 weeks.

At least we are getting more info day by day. Today we find out which phase Disneyland can open in which could be right around the corner. Then tomorrow WDW will submit their plans for reopening which will probably give us some detail on what Disney will do here in Anaheim

For the longest time it really was just rumors and speculation but now we’re getting some actual news. It’s all happenin!

I am SHOCKED that Theme Parks can open in Stage 3. This could be any day now since salons and barbers which were stage 3 can now open.

The more that is being allowed to open the more I feel I am being forced to stay home.

I am SHOCKED that Theme Parks can open in Stage 3. This could be any day now since salons and barbers which were stage 3 can now open.

The more that is being allowed to open the more I feel I am being forced to stay home.

When the SIP orders started, Disneyland and other theme parks were exempt. DL closed voluntarily, IIRC. The logic was that these parks operate like nation-states unto themselves.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that theme parks are not lumped in with other mass gathering events, they shouldn’t be treated the same given their complexities.

Last edited:
When the SIP orders started, Disneyland and other theme parks were exempt. DL closed voluntarily, IIRC. The logic was that these operates like nation-states unto themselves.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that theme parks are not lumped in with other mass gathering events, they shouldn’t be treated the same given their complexities.

You are correct. They closed voluntarily there were an exempt company/business from the SIP orders.

So based on what came out today, I’m thinking DtD will open in June sometime. Maybe after July 4th for the parks? I think our Labor Day trip will happen.... but we may not go because.... masks. It was 96 degrees in the parks last Labor Day weekend. So hot. 🥵

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!