Disneyland Resort Paris 8th August - 12th August: Day 1

PATMAGIC

Mouseketeer
On the 8th August we went down to London and saw Mary Poppins, well Mary Poppins what a show, i want to see it again, the music was fantastic, the cast fit all their roles, Mary Poppins flying up and down and out towards the crowd, I have to say fantastic, as well as the set which really was nice set of a house that was moved so easily between scenes. Well that night over it was onto Eurostar, of course typically Eurostar mixed up our seats and made us sit at 2 different tables on the train, so not the best idea of theirs, but we and the other family sitting on them swapped so we all were able to sit as a family on one table. After a looooooooooooooooooooongggggg journey, about 3 hours we finally arrived at Marne La Vallee Chessy train station, walked up to the top of the station and handed our luggage over to the Disney Express, so nice and easy and there it was off to the hotel, and we were after a ring around the station since my sister wanted the toilet walking down stairs of course lead by me to the exit and now we ended up coming out at the part between Disney Village and the parks, and I was here. Now entering Disneyland Park i rushed my family along fantasia gardens and got them to the entrance nice and quickly, now of course someone needed the toilet again, god it was like a petting zoo, everyone wanting to make sure i did not get to do what i wanted, well then we were on our way down main street and then got about 20 seconds down and i heard a song i believed i recognised, but thought no way that would never be played, but it was, All Around the World was being played and wow it was fantastic just going down main street and that song on made me nearly cry with joy. Of course my family were not so happy with it and thought oh god no not this again so rushed off to central plaza, where we then took a entrance to frontierland. Here we would go eating yes food now we had not eaten since 8am, so this was very nice to eat food at 2pm, Cowboy Cookout we went to and enjoyed a nice burger and frietes, sadly here i did find out that my camcorder had broken, the family next to me saw me going mad with it and were sitting there in amazement at how odd i was acting think i should have said yes i only come once a year and wanted to film lol. So after my small fall of bad luck we walked over to the BEST haunted house in the world, Phantom Manor, and wow i forgot how fantastic this is, even the cast member in the mansion entrance way was especially creepy today trying to scare everyone who entered of course i never get scared by such small things. So nice also to see Phantom manor all working, only thing was we had 3 stops of the doombuggies due to cheerful spooks. With that it was still great, and wow i am annoyed i never rode it again in the week apart from then.
The next part of the afternoon, i went my own seperate way since lilo & stitch is too childish according to my mother and sisters, so here i was nice leisurely stroll out of the Disneyland Park, yes it was that, one thing that was bad was i walked over to the studios and what did i see the whole chicken little logo thing, i stood still and wanted to die when i saw it. It was not too bad but it struck me hard since i love the studios and they had to cover over part with that thing so irritating, oh well that was that, but now i walked into about another 4 kids on my way to the studios i mean are they everywhere or what. In studio1 i really grasp the magic of the smaller park, and come out the other side, now literally running to catch lilo & stitch, i make it and love it so much, i mean how wonderful it is to see all those cool characters in one show, and even to see some characters being fun like Pluto sitting down with all the kids, and the music is so fantastic like Falling in love with you, I still can’t get the song out my head, wow I want to see it again. Finishing watching Lilo & stitch I walked over to animation courtyard and decided to watch the Cinema Parade, got a nice spot at the end of the route, plus I just figured my camcorder was working again I mean how fantastic that was that it started and watched it, even filmed it of course certain characters like Captain Hook refused to be filmed much, every other character did not mind. Wow boring day really and about to get more boring, walk back to Disneyland Park and I had arranged to meet my family at 5:45pm, of course my family were in the New York City bar at the hotel, and did not make it till 6:15pm. I talked to them for about 5 minutes then went walking and searched for Raptor1982 and his boyfriend for 10 minutes so I could watch the wonderful world of Disney parade with them, and of course I gave Raptor1982 the DVD’s I bought for him and his boyfriend, then I started watching the parade, oh wow I love that parade so much, even sung along to Dancin. One of the things that annoyed me was that only 3 characters came out pre parade wise, and how much I so wish they would bring back Steamboat Willie’s dancers. We then walked around, did a bit of window shopping down Main Street, which I have to say is always a highlight on a trip. Now a really nice thing happened, Raptor, his boyfriend and Raptor's sister remembered their fastpasses for Mission2 were just about to be valid, and invited me to join, however I did not have a fastpass, so Raptor's boyfriend gave me his fastpass, I have to say I am so thankful to Raptor's boyfriend for giving me his fastpass, after all this was my first time on Mission2 and going on it with Raptor wow fun, all I can say about the ride is oh my it’s fantastic, countdown, blast off, Vekoma coaster, Incredibles type soundtrack, oh I adore it and no headache just a headrush of absolute greatness it was. I said goodbye to Raptor and his boyfriend for the evening, walked around by myself for a while, got a hotdog at Casey’s Corner, and then went and sat on the curbside at Central Plaza ready for Fantillusion. Of course no day would be complete without another set of moaning at family, I rang my mother, and ended up having a go at my mum since she wanted me to go back to the hotel though I refused so I got my mum and sisters to walk back to the park, so they did and watched fantillusion which again they liked and also my mother loved wishes as well as me of course, it is a really nice show and love how cleverly it has been created, after wishes we walked back to the hotel in the crowds of people leaving the park, got back to the Hotel New York and went to sleep. Well theres my first day, gonna get on with the other days now.

Tnx again for getting me those dvd's and no problem for getting you into Mission 2! :cool1:

We were singing along to Dancin' too - a guy next to use looked bemused and then smiled - probably figured it's best just to smile at the strange English folk!

Look forward to Day 2!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter