Disneyland Resorts Marvel expansion opens July 18th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be whatever but what it’s replacing in California is another “acquired IP”
Yeah, I know. And truth be told I'm not that big of a Pixar fan either! :duck:

I'm just saying it's time the classics get some love again in the parks.

I do find it amusing that Bugs Land is closing just as they start a big new Pixar tie-in in the parks.

I’ve analyzed the Disneyland picture for a while now and I think I got all the details down except for one thing. If you look to the right of the photo there is a building that to me looks like a large soda can. I don’t know if anyone else sees that as a soda can but I just can’t figure out what it is. If I am correct, does this mean an ant man attraction/experience?

I’ve analyzed the Disneyland picture for a while now and I think I got all the details down except for one thing. If you look to the right of the photo there is a building that to me looks like a large soda can. I don’t know if anyone else sees that as a soda can but I just can’t figure out what it is. If I am correct, does this mean an ant man attraction/experience?

I don't know about an ant man attraction because I believe Hong Kong is getting an attraction based on ant man but we might see something related to ant man like a store, meet and greet, quick service etc.

I hate the fact that Disney has acquired Star Wars and Marvel. Both have been done to death and seem to be 'cop outs' on Disney's part. Their original characters and properties are unique and the fact that they now own these other franchises is just unnecessary and to me cheapens the Disney name.

I don't know about an ant man attraction because I believe Hong Kong is getting an attraction based on ant man but we might see something related to ant man like a store, meet and greet, quick service etc.

I agree that an ant man attraction is unlikely but if you see the building I am referring to, it just has to be some kind of ant man. Though, now that you point it out, a quick service would make sense in a giant soda can

I meant favourable to Universal.
Well yeah duh I was trying to elaborate on that but I told it through marvel’s perspective. Not defending either here with that, just business that happened before, or maybe just around the time I was born. It’s done and over with, let’s analyze if world uses more Marvel

I hate the fact that Disney has acquired Star Wars and Marvel. Both have been done to death and seem to be 'cop outs' on Disney's part. Their original characters and properties are unique and the fact that they now own these other franchises is just unnecessary and to me cheapens the Disney name.

I'm a huge marvel and star wars fan and am glad both franchises are in good hands.

However, I am a bit sad that regardless of property we've reached the point where we won't ever see a new ride that isn't based on an IP of some type. The days of building a Hanuted Mansion, Pirates of Caribbean, Figment & dreamfinder or anything like that is past.

Nah, I'm fed up with the whole thing. It's overkill. I was a Star Wars fan too, of the original films, but now it has been so overdone and over-hyped that I'm basically sick of it. Superheroes too have been done to death. Disney was an innovator of originality but now I find it questionable since they are just capitalizing on preexisting properties. I'm sure wherever Walt is he's disappointed.

I have gotten burnt out on superheroes lately. I'm giving them a break and I expect to get my usual interest back eventually. I'm still fine with Star Wars (and Harry Potter).

Dont forget that they are building a Mickey ride at DHS. It's kind of odd because DHS is the best place for other IP's IMO.

I have gotten burnt out on superheroes lately. I'm giving them a break and I expect to get my usual interest back eventually. I'm still fine with Star Wars (and Harry Potter).

Dont forget that they are building a Mickey ride at DHS. It's kind of odd because DHS is the best place for other IP's IMO.
Well yeah duh a movie park having original properties just seems odd. Someone complained about that with WDS’ announcements and that’s all I can think of, it’s in the studios why bother? Could be in animal kingdom

I don't know why they don't just take over Bugs land and Hollywood land at this point. I mean if you are going to go big, go really big. Bugsland seems like such a small area to re-theme for marvel since marvel tends to appeal to bigger kids which prefer bigger rides, needing bigger space.

I am on the team that would prefer marvel and star wars stay out of the parks, but if they are going to do it, I would prefer it done well and not half sassed.

I don't know why they don't just take over Bugs land and Hollywood land at this point. I mean if you are going to go big, go really big. Bugsland seems like such a small area to re-theme for marvel since marvel tends to appeal to bigger kids which prefer bigger rides, needing bigger space.

I am on the team that would prefer marvel and star wars stay out of the parks, but if they are going to do it, I would prefer it done well and not half sassed.
This expansion will use backstage area as well. So it will be a bit more than just bugsland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter