Disneyland Ride/Park Strategies

Wendy from Neverland

Earning My Ears
Hi, is this the forum where strategies for Disneyland would be posted?
I am only seeing one forum for strageteis and it appears to be for disneyworld.

I am interested in Strategy for CA

For teens who ride anything, I heard to go Radiator Spring then Backtrack to guardians of the galaxy? Does that sound right.

What about the other park?

Any info will be appreciated. We will have max pass.

We use touringplans.com to plan our strategy. We're big into arriving at the park first thing, riding lots of the popular rides in the early morning hours, then slowing down the pace later in the day as it gets busy . Touring plans suggests a ride order based on your preferences, and includes when to use Maxpass.

Hi, is this the forum where strategies for Disneyland would be posted?
I am only seeing one forum for strageteis and it appears to be for disneyworld.

I am interested in Strategy for CA

For teens who ride anything, I heard to go Radiator Spring then Backtrack to guardians of the galaxy? Does that sound right.

What about the other park?

Any info will be appreciated. We will have max pass.

You are correct. The WDW area of the boards has many sub-forums for individual topics like transportation, dining, hotels, kids, and, as you have noted, strategies.

For DLR related topics on these boards, this is the only DLR focused forum, and all topics are covered.

I think that this is due to the fact that disboards is primarily WDW focused, but it also looks to provide a place all tangentially related topics, and so there is the DLR forum, the Universal Orlando forum, etc.

Last edited:
A couple of questions that can help folks identify some potential strategies:
1. How many days do you plan to be at DLR?
2. Will you have park hopper tickets?
3. Will you purchase Maxpass? (Edit: Sorry, missed seeing that you will have MP). Do you plan to have it for all days of your trip?
4. Will you get to the parks at rope drop?

Last edited:

The #1 tip is to be there for rope drop. Mornings are the best time to get rides done, as DL is very much a locals' park, so it'll start filling up more towards the afternoon and evening. Since you have MaxPass, make sure you understand how it works and when you'll be able to get new a new FP - stacking MaxPasses is a great way to cut down your wait time as the day gets busier. RSR are usually the ones that go quickest, so you may want to get those FPs first as well as ride it standby. I'd recommend doing it both during the day and again at night! With MaxPass, you can check very quickly and see what the return times are for each ride, so you can see which one is running out of FPs. For Disneyland itself, I'd recommend getting Space Mountain ones first, and then grabbing whatever looks good next.

A couple of questions that can help folks identify some potential strategies:
1. How many days do you plan to be at DLR?
2. Will you have park hopper tickets?
3. Will you purchase Maxpass? (Edit: Sorry, missed seeing that you will have MP). Do you plan to have it for all days of your trip?
4. Will you get to the parks at rope drop?

Yes will have hopper and max pass. We will be there at least 30 minutes prior to Rope drop.

As soon as you've scanned your tickets to enter a park, purchase MaxPass and make your first selection. As others have said, RSR tends to be the first attraction to run out of FPs. If it's a non-EMH morning for DCA, I would opt to head over to TSMM because that attraction tends to have a pretty solid line throughout the day. GotG is popular, but I feel like the FPs for that one tend to last longer than TSMM and the standby times tend to be shorter. Soarin' also tends to be pretty popular, so I would probably choose that as my next FP attraction when I'm eligible to make another selection (if you wanted to ride that, otherwise I would go with TSMM or GotG).

Over in DL, I would either get a FP for Space or Matterhorn (both have single rider lines if you're willing to go that way) first thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter