Disneyland Secrets

I REEEALLY hope I'm asking this in the right place...

Does anyone know if Disneyland does the souvenir cups (inside the theme parks) where you can just pay to refil it throughout your stay?

If so, do you --by any chance-- know how much the cups and refills are?

While I'm at it... any tips on there to eat?

We'll be on a VERY TIGHT BUDGET and I'm looking for ways to save $!

Any advice will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!!! :-D :grouphug:

Annie1306 said:
I REEEALLY hope I'm asking this in the right place...

Does anyone know if Disneyland does the souvenir cups (inside the theme parks) where you can just pay to refil it throughout your stay?

If so, do you --by any chance-- know how much the cups and refills are?

They do sell the cups, but they do not offer a discounted refill price. I have several of the coffee mugs sold at White Water Snacks. To refill them you pay for a small coffee or soda.

Lana :)

Any of the counter service restaurants will give you a free cup of water. Limit the sodas and you'll save big bucks. Many of the hotels nearby have some kind of breakfast, so we never spend money on Breakfast in the parks. There's a 7-11 on the corner of Harbor and Katella, walking distance, that has reasonable prices for snacks. DL security does not seem to care if you carry in snacks, just no bottles or cans.

THANKS for the tips, Disneychrista and DWwheatl... I really appreciate it.

Any bit of advice always helps! :-D

No Disneyland does not offer a refillable mug in the parks.

Well ... not mugs .. but there certainly were refillable sippers back in the day ...

IMG_2396.jpg

If you want to give at least one Disney Dining experience a try and don't necessarily want to spring for an expensive dinner at Carthay Circle or Blue Bayou... I'd suggest doing Breakfast in the Park at the Plaza Inn with Minnie & Friends. It is one of the cheapest "deluxe" style meals you can have anywhere on property. The best part is that you dine right at the end of Main Street USA in Disneyland at the Plaza Inn (on the right side before you enter Tomorrowland). If you are one who can eat early, you should try and book a seating for this on a day that Disneyland offers their Magic Mornings (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays). If the park regularly opens at 8 AM, you can book your seating as early as 7 AM (but this is all depending on park hours and the time of year you're visiting). On those Magic Morning days, you'll be able to enter the park and eat before the park officially opens to everyone. You don't need a Magic Morning option on your pass to do this!

HOWEVER, I wouldn't reccomend doing this if you actually have Magic Mornings on your park tickets as it would waste the whole point of the Magic Morning when you should be hitting popular attractions while the lines are at their shortest! But... if you can eat within the hour before official opening, you'll be able to make a break into the park before the crowd enters at 8 AM and grab a FASTPASS for an attraction of your choosing and then hit whatever you want to do next until the park starts to populate and get busier.

During the breakfast at the Plaza Inn with Minnie & Friends, you'll be able to meet the characters during an all-you-care-to-eat breakfast! The prices per person are $23.99 for adults and $11.99 for children (3-9 years old). There is no charge for children under 3. The breakfast buffet features made to order omelets, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, biscuits and gravy, assorted muffins, croissants, danishes, fruit, Kellogg's cereals and of course... the famous Mickey Mouse Waffles (the staple of any Disney breakfast). ;)

I don't know if this is really a secret, but it's pretty cool...

In the Indiana Jones temple, you see weird writing all over it. When the ride first opened, they gave out cards with the cypher for the writing. I remember getting one when I was a kid. Figuring out what the writings said made the time go by quicker, especially since the ride was new and the line was forever long.

Also, the card was an advertisement for AT&T collect calling, on one side of the card was a the cypher, on the other side was a "1-800-Call-ATT" advertisement.

I wish I had kept that card.

We all have ours still and bring them with us every time. I have deciphered quite a few of the walls in the attraction. It's a lot of fun.

Also if you choose to eat at the Minnie's Breakfast in the past we have made our reservation for later, like about 10:30. We ate a light breakfast prior to going to the magic morning in the park and the Minnie's Breakfast was more like a big early lunch for us. And with the bonus of characters coming to your table, it's a fantastic deal. We always go here. I think it's the best character meal they offer.

In the past, you could get a cup of coffee or cocoa on main street and if you kept your receipt, you could get another while you were still in the park that day. Is that still the case? :coffee:

In the past, you could get a cup of coffee or cocoa on main street and if you kept your receipt, you could get another while you were still in the park that day. Is that still the case? :coffee:

Pretty sure it was only every drip coffee at the Market House. The Market House is currently closed to be converted to a Starbucks location. :thumbsup2 :cool1:

We saw one by the GC entrance in DCA in Dec.

In December 2010 we picked up our picnic lunch for World Of Color and we had this visitor.

70e65aab-ce3f-45a2-aef9-05bb3667f654.jpg

...and he even let me pick him up and pet him. I'd never had that experience before. I'd seen some cats but never this close.

d160d7ec-5082-49a3-8c41-11a06f09ff69.jpg

We all have ours still and bring them with us every time. I have deciphered quite a few of the walls in the attraction. It's a lot of fun.

I still have one of those cards too. I had plans to study the characters until I could fluently read the writing on the wall...but of course that never happened.

Do you remember if the writing on any of the walls say anything interesting? It's not something like "be sure to drink your Ovaltine" is it?

I still have one of those cards too. I had plans to study the characters until I could fluently read the writing on the wall...but of course that never happened.

Do you remember if the writing on any of the walls say anything interesting? It's not something like "be sure to drink your Ovaltine" is it?

There's a lot of writing in there but here are some translations of a few things:
"True rewards await those who choose wisely."
"Only the blind shall see."
"The good will lead through the tunnel of torment to the gates of doom."
"The gates of doom are ever open."
"Drink deeply the water of life."
"It is forbidden to pass beyond this chamber without a servant of Mara to guide your way. Heed this warning or risk invoking the wrath of Mara for doom awaits the unbeliever in the darkness beyond."

There's a lot of "Choose wisely." Once you know what that looks like you can spot it in many places. The photo below says "Only one spring can restore youth and vigor. Choose wisely."

IMG_3340.jpg

Sorry it's blurry. I'm not the best photographer.

A lot of the letters have a vague resemblance to the English counterparts, with some exceptions. In "wisely" the letter "i" looks kind of like an eyeball, then the rest look kinda-sorta like the English letters.

A lot of the letters have a vague resemblance to the English counterparts, with some exceptions. In "wisely" the letter "i" looks kind of like an eyeball, then the rest look kinda-sorta like the English letters.

Yes, I have noticed the similarities. There are a few strange ones but mostly they do resemble the regular alphabet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter