Disneyland Shanghai trip report

Alexsandra

Ready for the next adventure
Hi everyone, I just finished my trip report about Disneyland Shanghai on my blog. It is a little late but only found the time to review it now. I've been to Walt Disney World over 10 times and I visited the Hong Kong Disneyland a couple of times so I am comparing this park to those two.

I travel to China for work twice a year and found time in my busy schedule to visit this past October.

I stayed onsite at the Shanghai Disneyland Resort. It was a great hotel and lived up to many other of Disney's deluxe resorts. It was very close to the park, only a 5 min. bus ride away and had tons of very nice amenities and a beautiful garden. The rooms were spacious and the beds, very comfortable. The food at the resort was also very good and the character breakfast was great with lots of character interaction.

The park itself was really special and quite different form any other Disney parks. It was designed to appeal to the Chinese market and I think they did a beautiful job with it. The Hong Kong park just seems to be a smaller version of Florida so it was nothing that special compared to this one. This park is very big and has its own vibe. It felt fresh and new and was very well designed.

The park is divided in several sections and each section felt like a different world. The sections were all well themed and had beautiful landscaping. The castle was much bigger and nicer than Hong Kong's version but still felt less magical to me than Cinderlla's castle in Florida.

The best rides were definitely Pirates of the Caribbean which was completely different than the one in Florida with more advanced special effects and the Tron roller coaster which was seriously mind blowing.

I went on a grey/rainy day so it was not very busy but I have heard horror stories about the wait times in this park. I found park entry to be a little disorganized but once in the park, everything ran smoothly. I will say that watching the fireworks was really not pleasant with some Chinese guests pushing and shoving to get into my spot. But other than that everyone was very polite.

Overall it was a great experience and I am happy I found the time to visit. I would definitely bring my kids there if and when I bring them to Shanghai. I will say that now that I've been, I don't know if I would go back anytime soon, but who knows.

Read my full review on my blog for more info and to see pics here: https://disneymommytips.blogspot.ca/2018/03/shanghai-disneyland-trip-report.html

Last edited:
Thank you, great trip report. I am heading there on a work trip in 3 weeks. Spending just a day there on a Sunday, so a bit worried about crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!