Disneyland show?

Hey Tom was on so I watched! They mostly discussed Disneyland being expensive and crowded.

Pete did announce that they are making changes to the DL show again and said, "you will be seeing new faces on the show, old faces on the show and old faces that may look new because they have had work done." I didn't know what to make of that, probably not much, just the regular rotating characters.

I just want to say, I think it's great that Pete is taking his mom out to DL. I hope they have a wonderful, magical trip! :wizard: Book your Fantasmic reservation Pete! It's coming out of refurb March 8th and so there may be some extra demand from being down.

Last edited:
Hey Tom was on so I watched! They mostly discussed Disneyland being expensive and crowded.

Pete did announce that they are making changes to the DL show again and said, "you will be seeing new faces on the show, old faces on the show and old faces that may look new because they have had work done." I didn't know what to make of that, probably not much, just the regular rotating characters.

I just want to say, I think it's great that Pete is taking his mom out to DL. I hope they have a wonderful, magical trip! :wizard: Book your Fantasmic reservation Pete! It's coming out of refurb March 8th and so there may be some extra demand from being down.

It was so nice to see Tom again!! Great show.

I wish Pete would have been more specific about the changes. We're moving to within driving distance to Disneyland (michigan to Idaho), so I've been listening to all the newer shows. I really like Tyler, Katrina, and Louella. I really hope they're still on.

I didn’t get the impression anyone was leaving, just we see MORE faces rotating to get a better mix of ideas and knowledge.
There is some great talent, all well-loved favorites, they are frankly way underutilizing. K & T are just in Florida on vacation so I don’t think you need to worry.
But I do think it’s hilarious the teams consider the other park their vacation destination.

Last edited:

I will be sorely disappointed if Pete doesn’t give an epic rant to the news DL only princess character meal offering is now $125 a head (even for 3 years olds) plus tax and tip and has leftover dinner food on the menu.

And I think it’s okay to have premium experience offerings (if this is one) but you need something available for everyone.

Last edited:
I will be sorely disappointed if Pete doesn’t give an epic rant to the news DL only princess character meal offering is now $125 a head (even for 3 years olds) and has leftover dinner food on the menu.

And I think it’s okay to have premium experience offerings (if this is one) but you need something available for everyone.

At first I didn't think too much of this and saw it as a premium offering and something, if it really does provide for some 1:1 interaction with the princesses that people would definitely pay for

but then someone (may have been you) that this is the only princess dining experience there since the Ariel's Grotto meal went away and I think that is a strong point that this isn't *just* a premium experience so for this to be the only princess meal option I think is a little crazy

At first I didn't think too much of this and saw it as a premium offering and something, if it really does provide for some 1:1 interaction with the princesses that people would definitely pay for

but then someone (may have been you) that this is the only princess dining experience there since the Ariel's Grotto meal went away and I think that is a strong point that this isn't *just* a premium experience so for this to be the only princess meal option I think is a little crazy
Yeah I think the issue is it appears to be a dinner menu.... (and food at character meals is one of Pete’s pet peeves) and there isn’t something available in a $40-60 price range (which is still plenty high.)
That said, if this means getting a big photo of your little girl all dressed up with 6-8 Disney princesses around her, there are some heart strings for sure that will pull at parents and I don’t blame them a bit.

Last edited:
Is there a DL show today?

The DL content feels like an afterthought to be honest
Exactly what Mary Jo said. Pete & Ryno were on a cruise 2 weeks ago and then Pete was sick last week and no one was allowed into the house to record any shows, but I can confirm we recorded one this morning and it will be live Monday. It's not ideal, but this happens from time to time.

Pete & Ryno were on a cruise 2 weeks ago and then Pete was sick last week and no one was allowed into the house to record any shows,
and this is one of the reasons why they shouldn't be hosting the show. We don't need to have the Orlando team hosting the show to make it good or better or wahtever reasons rthey want to give us. The organl version with Calofornai locals was just fine, the addition of Pete and Ryno adds nothing to the show at all.

Because they get sick, they shouldn't be hosting the show?? I don't see how that makes sense?
because the show has changed and now has to reflect the Orlando teams schedule. They don't need to be on every episode they add nothing to it at all. in fact they skip over a lot of things that were important for those that listened to the original Disneyland show. Instead, it's become whatever random Disneyland topic Pte feels like talking about. Gone are the hotel and food reviews and the history segments and the news.

Okay so this week's episode...

Saw Tom. Saw Jackie. I was very excited.
Pete ranting the CC dining package isn't Keto friendly. I personally don't buy into Disney needing to accommodate diets, food allergies yes of course, but not accommodating diets I don't think that should be held against Disney.

First 9 minutes, ads for sponsors and Patreon, then they switched at 30 minutes to talking about DCL and mostly talking about Alaskan cruises. It was only about 20 minutes of DL discussion.

For some perspective, Anaheim and Vancouver where DCL sails to Alaska from is a driving distance of 1300 miles apart and in different countries. These really aren't two things that go together. Literally, New York City is closer to Orlando, do WDW fans regularly add a stay in New York City to your Orlando vacation? o_O

And a Mexican cruise...while geographically it makes more sense, I would gently say look at the DL boards, a few folks do it, but we really don't, and no Pete it's not because we weren't smart enough to figure out we could, the vast majority of DL fans, choose not to. The sailings from San Diego are extremely limited, maybe after the new ships it will be more feasible, or they do sailings from LA, but for now, I wish they could just cover more basic DL news.

DL is a complete vacation on it's own, it isn't necessary to spend the extra thousands of dollars. There is so, so much to do within those two hours of Anaheim, I really think there are a lot more logical options for additional adventures if you want to add something extra to your vacation.

Last edited:
I was thinking a little more about an Alaskan and Anaheim combined vacation and it sure brought a smile to my face, chuckling thinking of doing Flying Fish and a Broadway show on the same trip. Roaring with laughter at planning to see Harry Potter and the Statue of Liberty back to back. Could I squeeze in Blizzard Beach and the 9/11 Memorial?

Though I can't imagine trying to pack for all these different climates and events in one suitcase. o_O

And Pete, to you who does these kind of trips back to back, I can only toast you on your success and wealth that make adventures like that feasible for you. I think that's great for you and happy sailing. :sail:

(So...uhhh... are Tyler and Katrina gone? Did I miss an announcement or reference of some sort?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!