Disneyland today 9-21-17

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
I went to DL with my toddler and mom today. WOW was it packed. I'm guessing people are making Tues/Thurs their DL park days due the the Halloween parties on M/W/F. Pirates and Haunted Mansion were so busy all day and it didn't help that both were down at the same time for about an hour around 10:00. It was difficult to move in the New Orleans area in the morning and afternoon just because of the insane crowds. It doesn't help that the HM line is so much longer than usual and so people are lined up outside the grounds of the mansion. It was so hard to just access the Fastpass area for HM because of all the people. All of this by the way even though it was off and on raining until the afternoon. Nobody seemed to care!

We did HM twice and it was amazing. I love the Nightmare Before Christmas so much and it's been maybe a decade since I saw the HM overlay (I really can't remember... when did they even start doing the overlay? Maybe it's been longer since I last saw it). Anyway we hopped to DCA in the afternoon and it was pretty packed over there too! Not as bad as DL but just lots of people. When Little Mermaid is a 20 minute wait I know it's busy over there.

We had fun today despite the crowds. I finally had the grilled cheese and tomato soup at the Jolly Holiday because temps were on the cooler side and that was sooooooooo good! I will definitely be getting that again in the near future!

A lot of schools in the LA area were closed yesterday for the Jewish holiday which may have also made crowds higher.

A lot of schools in the LA area were closed yesterday for the Jewish holiday which may have also made crowds higher.

Was just going to say this! My sister is a teacher and they were off yesterday, and she said "I'm taking (her son) to Disneyland Thursday since we are off and it will probably be dead!" I was like, "Um...not sure it will be dead..."

Clearly she was mistaken.

This is why I decided our departure day (all travel due to living on the east coast) would be Thursday instead of Friday. Worked out pretty well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter