Disneyland Treasure Hunt

KMurphy

Earning My Ears
Hello, all! I am trying to plan a girls trip to Disneyland and I really want to end our stay with a treasure hunt (NOT scavenger hunt). The idea is to have clues that lead them around the parks where they pick up small souvenirs that lead to the next clue, eventually ending at a restaurant for dinner. My question is... would Disneyland cast members assist in holding clues for me? Like, if I bought a mug and put a note on it, could I ask the shop to hold onto it until so-and-so comes to pick it up? I think they would be willing to play, but would a hotel concierge be able to help? BTW... this trip is being planned for 2021/2022, so lots of time here. Lol. TIA!

Hello, all! I am trying to plan a girls trip to Disneyland and I really want to end our stay with a treasure hunt (NOT scavenger hunt). The idea is to have clues that lead them around the parks where they pick up small souvenirs that lead to the next clue, eventually ending at a restaurant for dinner. My question is... would Disneyland cast members assist in holding clues for me? Like, if I bought a mug and put a note on it, could I ask the shop to hold onto it until so-and-so comes to pick it up? I think they would be willing to play, but would a hotel concierge be able to help? BTW... this trip is being planned for 2021/2022, so lots of time here. Lol. TIA!
I would like to imagine they would, but I honestly don't think they will. At the end of the day, being a CM is still a job so they still have to make sure their job is done and not wait around for an hour to see if someone picks up a mug. And then how could they guarantee they are the right person. Would they have to ask for ID? Or what is to stop the next person in line from overhearing and sending their SO as your person to get a free souvenir.
If there are two of you planning an not playing, you can just take turns being at the next destination that way the next person has plenty of time to get to the following destination and just continue the waterfall process.

I don't think they do that, but anything is possible. Another option is to use lockers in both parks and in the esplanade to hold the items and make finding the lockers part of the hunt. However, they also takes away park time, so only do that if you are sure that those playing are willing to give up some park time.

I love to do scavenger hunts, and every year I make one for my work team during our state fair. I make clues to find certain areas or specific items to find at the fair. Each group has to find every item (or as many as they can find) and then take a picture with their phone of them with the item. It is super fun...and each group has to text me their pictures. Whoever had the most finds at the end of the scavenger hunt wins a prize. The only draw back it is I never get to participate, but really the pictures are so fun to receive!

I don't think they do that, but anything is possible. Another option is to use lockers in both parks and in the esplanade to hold the items and make finding the lockers part of the hunt. However, they also takes away park time, so only do that if you are sure that those playing are willing to give up some park time.

I'm not worried about taking away park time as it would conclude our trip. The lockers are a good idea though!

Fun idea - could you incorporate on-ride photos? Maybe hold a sign up as you ride Space Mountain that directs you to the next clue. The other people in your group would have to be able to access the photo through your linked photo pass. I think that works? Could be wrong.

Could you also maybe take short videos with CM's or characters with clues in the videos. You'd then provide links to the videos that you could post on-line.

Love the locker idea too.

Fun idea - could you incorporate on-ride photos? Maybe hold a sign up as you ride Space Mountain that directs you to the next clue. The other people in your group would have to be able to access the photo through your linked photo pass. I think that works? Could be wrong.

Could you also maybe take short videos with CM's or characters with clues in the videos. You'd then provide links to the videos that you could post on-line.

Love the locker idea too.

Thats a great idea! I could use that to start the quest!! I wonder if I could use pictures that they have to use in conjunction with specific areas of the park to get the next clue... 🤔

So just looked into it and found that there is a package check in where I can have purchases held. There are five locations, so I think I'll use those along with the lockers. Thanks for the ideas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!