Disneyland, walking distance hotel room with roll-in shower?

BillSears

DIS Veteran
I'm heading to Disneyland in May and am looking for one of those close hotels within walking distance. Within 3/4-1 mile max. I'll need a roll-in shower, preferably not a high bed, and some parking since I'm on a road trip. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Try asking this on the Disneyland (California) forum, too. That's the trip planning forum for DLR. You should get lots of good suggestions there from posters who are very familiar with the DLR area hotels.

Hi, Bill. I enjoyed meeting and talking with you at Disney's Pop bus stop. I would be interested in your info, too. I have never been to Disneyland and I would like to go some day.

Hey Ray. It was great to see you there. I've been to DL once and really enjoyed it. This time I'll be staying a few days on a cross-country trip. I still haven't decided on a hotel yet. Hopefully it'll be a good one.

Hey Ray. It was great to see you there. I've been to DL once and really enjoyed it. This time I'll be staying a few days on a cross-country trip. I still haven't decided on a hotel yet. Hopefully, it'll be a good one.

Although I would like to stay onsite, I know that I can still visit the Disney hotels. I am of the same mind as you as far as wanting an offsite hotel within rolling distance as you mentioned. I can't wait to hear what you find and then after your visit.

The Candy Cane Inn gets great reviews on the DLR board. Close (about a 10 minute walk to bag check), same side of Harbor as the parks -- so no major intersections to cross (just one small street to cross), free private shuttle that runs on time with very helpful drivers, free breakfast, clean rooms, great customer service. Next door to 2 convenience stores if you need something. Free parking (not so common in the DLR area). Various discounts offered. This is one of our go-to hotels off site.

I booked my room...and choose the wrong/right one by accident. ROFL

I decided on the Holiday Inn on Walnut Street but accidentally booked the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Anaheim Resort Area on South Manchester. I went to correct my mistake and then realized how much closer to the park entrance the Holiday Inn on Manchester was. The Manchester Holiday Inn is on the park side and the Walnut one is on the far side of Downtown Disney. I've only been to DL once and I stayed on the park side before at the Howard Johnson's. That was a pretty easy walk and this shouldn't be much farther. So fingers crossed it'll be good.

BTW I did book a roll-in shower room and they look nicely accessible from the picture online. I'll try to remember to post some updates once I stay at the end of May.

Sounds great! By the way, keep checking on the CCI to see if there are any cancellations before your trip dates. Parking there is free and the walk is even closer than the hotel where you're booked now. Otherwise, sounds like you're set to go. Have a great trip!

That's great, Bill. I hope that you take a lot of photos on your trip. I hope to get to Disneyland for the first time in the future. I am interested in your hotel, rollin to Disneyland, accessible tips in Disneyland, and airport and transport, etc.

I booked my room...and choose the wrong/right one by accident. ROFL

I decided on the Holiday Inn on Walnut Street but accidentally booked the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Anaheim Resort Area on South Manchester. I went to correct my mistake and then realized how much closer to the park entrance the Holiday Inn on Manchester was. The Manchester Holiday Inn is on the park side and the Walnut one is on the far side of Downtown Disney. I've only been to DL once and I stayed on the park side before at the Howard Johnson's. That was a pretty easy walk and this shouldn't be much farther. So fingers crossed it'll be good.

BTW I did book a roll-in shower room and they look nicely accessible from the picture online. I'll try to remember to post some updates once I stay at the end of May.

That's great, Bill. I hope that you take a lot of photos on your trip. I hope to get to Disneyland for the first time in the future. I am interested in your hotel, rollin to Disneyland, accessible tips in Disneyland, and airport and transport, etc.
This thread has lots of DLR airport information: Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information ~ 3TinksAndAnEeyore.
SNA (John Wayne) is closest and most convenient -- a small, easy to navigate airport. LGB (Long Beach) is second closest -- I think this is Jet Blue's main airport around here. LAX is further and more of a headache, but usually has the lowest fares and the most non-stop/direct flights.

Hello! A couple years ago, we stayed int he Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, literally across the st from DL/DCA and we got the accessible room which had a roll in shower and a very sturdy bench and lots of handrails!

The DI&S is definitely close -- very popular on the DLR board! It isn't fancy, but for location and price, it is a favorite for many. Good to know about the roll in shower! OP -- this is worth checking out -- the walk is much, much closer -- right across the street from the Harbor entrance.

Last edited:
My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Manchester last year and it was awesome. Good free breakfast and it was an 8 minute walk to the park. It's an almost brand new hotel and very modern inside, we can't wait to book here again next time we head to Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!