DisneyPlus: What are you most excited about?

limitdis

Mouseketeer
For me, it's all the behind the scenes stuff at the parks and company. Disneyland Paris said they're in the works to bring content, there's an Imagineering show, Wolfgang Puck documentary, I think Disney World is bringing content, documentary on Mickey Mouse coming....can't wait!

Besides The Mandalorian, it will be some of the more obscure live-action movies from the 60's and 70's that haven't had a lot of circulation in a long time. Not all of them are on there, but there's a decent start.

behind the scenes stuff, old movies that are hard to find, an easy place to find a movie to watch every night

Now if they could just add the Gobots, the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon and the old Muppet Babies, that would be the icing on the cake!

Now if they could just add the Gobots, the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoon and the old Muppet Babies, that would be the icing on the cake!

Go-Bots was at Hanna-Barbera so they likely fall under the Warner Bros. umbrella, though ownership of the brand is with Hasbro. D&D is closer as it was a Marvel production, but again, brand ownership is Hasbro. Muppet Babies - I'm pretty sure that they could do!

Throw in remastered episodes of Commander Mark ("Draw, draw draw") from PBS and I'm all in!
If Bob Iger saves his coffee money each day for a couple months...he could probably buy Hanna Barbera with that.

Throw in remastered episodes of Commander Mark ("Draw, draw draw") from PBS and I'm all in!
If Bob Iger saves his coffee money each day for a couple months...he could probably buy Hanna Barbera with that.

Ha ha - maybe. I don't think Warner will let them go though. Hanna Barbera is the backbone of their Boomerang premium service and owns a lot of exploitable IP. It will be interesting how the streaming wars shape up from here.

I just read ( and I’m late to the game as this news is 6 months old) that Song of the South will not be available ( which I figured) and that Dumbo will air without the crow sequence. Aren’t folks up in arms about this? Or perhaps most people are interested in the newer stuff. I wonder how long until other classic films are edited (Peter Pan and Lady and the Tramp are two that come to mind) for “content”.

I have not signed up until I see if Walt Era programming is going to be included. Most of the 60 and 70 movies listed have been released on DVD many years ago. I am not happy with the current trend to edit to fit today's PC culture. Why is it that everything has to have a "message" instead of just entertainment of a story?? For now, I will stick to DVD.

I just read ( and I’m late to the game as this news is 6 months old) that Song of the South will not be available ( which I figured) and that Dumbo will air without the crow sequence. Aren’t folks up in arms about this? Or perhaps most people are interested in the newer stuff. I wonder how long until other classic films are edited (Peter Pan and Lady and the Tramp are two that come to mind) for “content”.
I wish those versions were available! If they added remixed Peter Pan to Disney+ my family would absolutely watch it. I don’t see it as PC, I see it as looking for media that aligns with our family values of inclusion.

The problem is you have to know where you started before you can see how far you have progressed. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Changing the original content to today's values (or lack there of) depending on your point of view destroys history and a possible chance for further improvement.

I’d say enough of us have learned that showing little kids stereotypes of different cultures or ethnicities is harmful and we’re trying not to repeat that. So I guess we don’t disagree that learning from history is important.

aaaaaaanyway, do we know if the old duck tales episodes will be included?

Last edited:
To me let the new stuff reflect today’s values but don’t censor the past. Let each film have a disclaimer on content so people can decide for themselves. Or at the very least make the original AND edited versions available. Thank goodness for TCM!

I wish those versions were available! If they added remixed Peter Pan to Disney+ my family would absolutely watch it. I don’t see it as PC, I see it as looking for media that aligns with our family values of inclusion.

Lots of content seems to be edited and censored these days. Sort of like the book 1984. Disney is leading the way in keeping us safe from ThoughtCrimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!