DisneyQuest question

JLTYR

Mouseketeer
Hey all. This will be my first time going to DisneyQuest in September. My DH really wants to go and has never been either. So for those of you who have been, what exactly is it? I've read about it some and from what I've read it seems to be just a big arcade. Is that right? Also, does it cost to play games and stuff or does your UPH take care of all that? It's something he wants to do the first half/day we're there. What do you think?
BTW - I've tried the website and I can't get my computer to load it.

It is far more than an arcade, although there are standard arcade games in one area (free!). There are 5 floors filled wtih various attractions. Some attractions, like Aladdin's carpet ride, have you wearing VR glasses and headphones. Others, like a river raft adventure, have you sitting in a real raft with a paddle watching a screen of your "journey" -- the effect is good. We liked the human pinball game where each player has a station they stand on and move around to cause their corresponding pinball to move on a big screen (not easy to explain, but a hoot to play with friends). Then there is "build your own rollercoaster" where you design it on a touch screen then go into a simulator to "ride it". We had so many loops in ours, I thought I'd puke. My DD10 and I really love DQ, and we think it is a hidden gem. You can burn 3 or 4 hours in there easily. As for the expense, if admission is covered with your UPH, then most everything will be free inside. They, of course, charge for food and drinks and they try and sell you cds, pictures or other "art" you make in the "create your own art" section. But, you can play without buying. I never particularly wanted my slightly warped rendering of Pluto, although it was fun drawing it.

You definitely have to try the pirate 3-D ride at DQ. My favorite part of DQ.

I second the Pirate one, I laughed so hard last year I could hardly shoot my cannon. Spent about 2-3 hours, had a blast.

We want to do Disney Quest, but wondered if it is less crowded in the morning or evening? Thoughts?

I've only been at slow times of year, like September when the OP is going. However, the general consensus of that getting there close to opening time is the best time to avoid crowds. Also, it gets more crowded on very rainy days.

This is especially true in the slow times of year, I think, when the parks close early. I have spent open to close at DQ in September and the most crowded time was the last two hours before closing.

Of course, this is relative: it means going from no waits at all to waits of a couple of minutes for the best attractions.

the pirate game rocks! that was our favorite too...we tried the jungle cruise one, but were'nt very successful...and the aladdin one made me sick (i have a hard time with the VR stuff) but it was fun! we also liked the buzz lightyear whatever the heck it was...that was fun too! we did spend quite some time in the arcade section with the classic games like burgertime and frogger! those were the games from our teenage years!

as long as i had a UPH, i would go back in a heartbeat. but i wouldn't be too keen on paying $30 a person to get in without it...

have fun!!

We done a water park in the morning until about noon, had lunch, then went to DQ. Not crowded in the afternoon. Been there late after the parks close and it does get crowded.

DisneyQuest is NOT a plus option, correct? If we have park hoppers with plusses, we'll still need to pay a separate admission?

Originally posted by pstepka
DisneyQuest is NOT a plus option, correct? If we have park hoppers with plusses, we'll still need to pay a separate admission?
Correct. DQ is NOT included with Plus passes.

Thanks so much for the addy for the trip report...we are leaving this afternoon and I've been curious about DD. It's great to know that the games are free!!

LittleL52, you are very welcome. Of course, like I've said before, CWIPPERMAN deserves the praise for all of his hard work putting his site together. Please post how much you enjoyed DQ when you get back because I'm going to DQ for the first time in Sept and would love to hear more about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter