Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

We were debating on renting a car.... how's do the bus's run? We are pretty patient but not sure if we should go the rental car route or not. It'll of course save money not to rent...

DH and I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus when we were there last April. Granted, it was the week before Easter and the parks were so busy that Disney had apparently even rented charter buses to help with the increased demand. I was extremely pleased with transportation!

An Email from Disney just today, says they will be refurbishing during our Sept stay. Maybe at that point some rooms will be complete and we can stay in one of them!

Any idea how late the pools will be open at end of April? We'll be arriving to the resort around 6:30, would like to have dinner and then swim. Do you think the pools will be open past 9pm?

I have found resort pools closing earlier that last few visits. As early as 8 or 9, but I didn't check last time I was there this summer

DH and I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus when we were there last April. Granted, it was the week before Easter and the parks were so busy that Disney had apparently even rented charter buses to help with the increased demand. I was extremely pleased with transportation!
Thank you so much! I can't wait to check out the resort : )

Quick question - I just got our room assignment via tex, we're on our way down now. We are in the Mighty Ducks section, room 3818. Is that still Standard?

When I reserved our room the only option left was Preferred and that's reflected on my receipt.

Thanks!

Quick question - I just got our room assignment via tex, we're on our way down now. We are in the Mighty Ducks section, room 3818. Is that still Standard?

When I reserved our room the only option left was Preferred and that's reflected on my receipt.

Thanks!

Mighty Ducks comes up as Standard doing a quick google search. I wonder if the preferred are limited due to the start of the refurbs? If you paid for preferred, I would stop at the front desk and see why they put you in standard. If you don't care about the location, I would ask for the price difference back in a refund or a gift card. I think they should at minimum do that.

Mighty Ducks comes up as Standard doing a quick google search. I wonder if the preferred are limited due to the start of the refurbs? If you paid for preferred, I would stop at the front desk and see why they put you in standard. If you don't care about the location, I would ask for the price difference back in a refund or a gift card. I think they should at minimum do that.

Thanks ... I looked at some sites but thought maybe the information was old. I'll do like you suggested and ask at check-in.

Thank you :)

Thanks ... I looked at some sites but thought maybe the information was old. I'll do like you suggested and ask at check-in.

Thank you :)
Ducks is DEFINITELY still Standard,so DEFINITELY make sure they have credited your account the price difference.:)

Having said that,I like Ducks BETTER than the Preferred rooms because it takes literally a minute or 2 to walk to Melody Hall at Music from Ducks affording the convenient option to use the buses,Food Court,etc. at Music in addition to those at Movies.:)

Also Ducks has its "own" Pool(currently being refurbed) and Laundry.:)

All rooms now have mini-fridges.:)

Is this true? Not doubting you, just would be so grateful if it is indeed true that ASMo has a mini-fridge. Last time I stayed at a value, this was not true and the trips to the ice machine to keep our milk cold was a pain. :worship::worship::worship:

Is this true? Not doubting you, just would be so grateful if it is indeed true that ASMo has a mini-fridge. Last time I stayed at a value, this was not true and the trips to the ice machine to keep our milk cold was a pain. :worship::worship::worship:
Fridges were added to the Values several years ago and it is AWESOME.:)

The Mouse has really been "plussing" the Values "recently".

In addition to Fridges,they have added:
Pool Towels
Full-size Hair Dryers
Upgraded Toiletries
Expanded Room Delivery Menu

And the All-Stars now have 24/7 access to the Arcades and Beverage Islands and Movies has a free Yoga Class on Friday Mornings.

Also the Values will all undergo a refurb(POP is being done now)that will include Coffee Makers and Large screen wall-mounted TVs.:)

Fridges were added to the Values several years ago and it is AWESOME.:)

The Mouse has really been "plussing" the Values "recently".

In addition to Fridges,they have added:
Pool Towels
Full-size Hair Dryers
Upgraded Toiletries
Expanded Room Delivery Menu

And the All-Stars now have 24/7 access to the Arcades and Beverage Islands and Movies has a free Yoga Class on Friday Mornings.

Also the Values will all undergo a refurb(POP is being done now)that will include Coffee Makers and Large screen wall-mounted TVs.:)
Life just got SO GOOD!! Thanks!

Did you get this remedied? I was wondering what they did for you.

What a nightmare ... I won't stay here again.

It turns out they put us (my 18 year old son and I) in a standard room, handicapped accessible, king size bed. When I read that in the text we went right to Guest Services where they told us that they oversold the resort by 200 rooms. You read that right, 200.

They ended up placing us in a standard room in the Love Bug section. So far we've had to make 3 trips to Guest Services because of issues. This evening we
had to get the resort manager involved on another issue regarding some other guests.

We're all tired now. Exhausted really. I'll post more another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter