Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

What a nightmare ... I won't stay here again.

It turns out they put us (my 18 year old son and I) in a standard room, handicapped accessible, king size bed. When I read that in the text we went right to Guest Services where they told us that they oversold the resort by 200 rooms. You read that right, 200.

They ended up placing us in a standard room in the Love Bug section. So far we've had to make 3 trips to Guest Services because of issues. This evening we
had to get the resort manager involved on another issue regarding some other guests.

We're all tired now. Exhausted really. I'll post more another day.

Are they refunding you the difference?

What a nightmare ... I won't stay here again.

It turns out they put us (my 18 year old son and I) in a standard room, handicapped accessible, king size bed. When I read that in the text we went right to Guest Services where they told us that they oversold the resort by 200 rooms. You read that right, 200.

They ended up placing us in a standard room in the Love Bug section. So far we've had to make 3 trips to Guest Services because of issues. This evening we
had to get the resort manager involved on another issue regarding some other guests.

We're all tired now. Exhausted really. I'll post more another day.

Sounds horrible! I wonder what communication breakdown led to the oversell. They should have moved you to a moderate. I hope things get better.

Can anyone tell me what the food court is like at movies? We were at Music in Nov and I really did not like the new set up where there was one bay open that you could get your food café style and the other side you had to order from the register, get a pager and then go up and get your food. I felt like there was less of a selection also. Is Movies food court like this or do they still have the separate areas to get your food then pay.

Can anyone tell me what the food court is like at movies? We were at Music in Nov and I really did not like the new set up where there was one bay open that you could get your food café style and the other side you had to order from the register, get a pager and then go up and get your food. I felt like there was less of a selection also. Is Movies food court like this or do they still have the separate areas to get your food then pay.
Movies and Sports do not have the "Pager system" at any of their bays.:)

Movies does have a "few" selections that Sports and Music do not.:)

Movies and Sports do not have the "Pager system" at any of their bays.:)

Movies does have a "few" selections that Sports and Music do not.:)

Thank you, I felt like there were less selections with the ordering done this way and the menu didn't seem to change from night to night. I really enjoyed music as a resort, but the food court style will make me hesitate before staying again.

Thank you, I felt like there were less selections with the ordering done this way and the menu didn't seem to change from night to night. I really enjoyed music as a resort, but the food court style will make me hesitate before staying again.

I wholeheartedly agree. We were at Music over the Thanksgiving holiday and we were disappointed with the food court. We walked over to Sports to use their food court.

We are here now in Fantasia bldg 8, accessible with roll in shower 2nd floor near elevator. Resort is very busy. We have a rental car. Went to Premium Outlets at 12 noon and couldn’t find an accessible spot.
We are taking it easy before our Wonder cruise. Glad we flew out early since Central NJ is getting snow
Again.

For some reason, the Disney website doesn't list any kid's breakfast items for the food court. Both ASMu and ASSp have kids breakfast menu items listed. I would hope this is a glitch?

For some reason, the Disney website doesn't list any kid's breakfast items for the food court. Both ASMu and ASSp have kids breakfast menu items listed. I would hope this is a glitch?[/QUO

Check out the complete menus over on Allears.net. Complete with prices!

Ducks is DEFINITELY still Standard,so DEFINITELY make sure they have credited your account the price difference.:)

Having said that,I like Ducks BETTER than the Preferred rooms because it takes literally a minute or 2 to walk to Melody Hall at Music from Ducks affording the convenient option to use the buses,Food Court,etc. at Music in addition to those at Movies.:)

Also Ducks has its "own" Pool(currently being refurbed) and Laundry.:)

Thanks for this tip, I read this and changed our location preference from Love Bug to Mighty Ducks. We will be there March 4-11 and had originally booked the Sheraton Vistana because we're out of DVC points for the year and there haven't been any passholder rooms available. Suddenly last night a room became available at Movies for less money than the Sheraton (and on property trumps beautiful villa for us!) We haven't stayed in Movies since 2003, and of the All Stars we prefer Music. Knowing we can stay in Mighty Ducks and having our choice of both properties buses and food court is great!

Just booked 2 weeks here in mid August for 4 of us (wife and 2 sons [4 and 7]).

Currently looking into what we'll do for eats and weighing up the pros and cons of the various dining plans Vs paying as we eat.

I'm guessing that unless we rent a car then our options are pretty much limited to just Disney. Am I right in that assumption or are there off resort restaurants / grocery stores within walking distance?

Just booked 2 weeks here in mid August for 4 of us (wife and 2 sons [4 and 7]).

Currently looking into what we'll do for eats and weighing up the pros and cons of the various dining plans Vs paying as we eat.

I'm guessing that unless we rent a car then our options are pretty much limited to just Disney. Am I right in that assumption or are there off resort restaurants / grocery stores within walking distance?

The only "restaurant " within walking distance that's not Disney is a McDonald's. If you look on Google maps you can see it's north of the all stars.

I'm not sure 2 weeks at an All Star would be pleasant. The rooms and beds aren't that big and i would think it it would get old after a week. I would look into a suite off site that has a full kitchen. Maybe a few on site days for the 60 days FP and then move to the wyndham.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter