Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

I am requesting Mighty Ducks for the reasons mentioned above. However, I thought maybe Herbie would have less wear, because of its location. The back of the resort. ;)

Thanks for responding. I have received no emails from Disney (except my confirmations) and my reservations were made over a month ago. I was concerned about an adult being able to fit on the table bed, but you answered my question. I'd like to try out one of the new rooms so based on your response, I will keep our reservation for before and after our cruise. thanks again
You're welcome. I believe the table bed was a queen size but it may have been a full. I slept on it with my 16 year old daughter and we were fine.

Booked AS Movies for September! Saved 500$ switching from Coronado (stupid pool closure). We have a preferred room and always request Toy Story (hopefully we get as requested)! Really looking forward to the refurbishment!

Do you know when the refurb in the Toy Story area began? We have preferred level booked for June 17 and would really like to request the Buzz building if it’s likely to be finished there (not necessarily for the new soft goods but for nearby bus access!) We have two nappers in our party so don’t want to be near daytime construction noise if they’re still working there then. Thanks for any info anyone can provide on the date the Toy Story area started refurb and/or updates on progess/schedule that anyone knows of.

POP Century buildings are taking anywhere from 62-94 days to complete. Hopefully Movies will be closer to the lesser due to the crews knowing what they are doing now. BUT, if ASMo have new learning curve on wiring etc, who knows. It looks like they started Toy Story area about March 27th. While some rooms may be done in June, don't know if they will open the building partially or until it is all done.

Positive is Movies buildings are smaller than POP. Fingers crossed.

I booked a pre and post cruise stay at All Star Movies for July/August...I didn't realize that the resort was undergoing a major refurbishment....are the rooms being renovated to be like Pop Century with the Queen bed and the table that converts to a bed?

Yes, like POP Century with some variation to the "decor" part of it. Queen bed and Queen Murphy bed.

Thanks...strange that Disney has no information on their website about the refurbishment or that the bed configuration is changing...my reservation shows preferred room, 2 double beds...now I need to decide if I want to "try" a new room and hope that the table bed is comfy or choosing another resort...

The website will not change especially now since there are no queen beds available. At some point it may say like POP that you could get full or queen beds. This way if someone is booking they will know there is still a chance they could get full beds.

I have made a request when I booked for a Toy Story room, should I specify in my few days before arrival fax my desire to have a Buzz room in hopes they will be done? We check in June 3.

You likely are cutting it close to get a new room. They may not be ready to put guests in that building. But you can put in a request for that building and if not ready, at least you might get the other TS building, that area is well done.

Last edited:

So I’ve requested toy story for my booked preferred room. If one were hoping to get a refurbed room, what should one say when calling for additional requests?

I'm staying in a preferred room the middle two weeks of August and trying to work out which section I'm best off requesting given the construction work.

From reading the thread it sounds like works will be ongoing during our stay but I've not been able to figure out which sections will be affected.

Initially we were thinking Toy Story purely because the kids love the movies and are a bit young to remember Herbie or Mighty Ducks. That said we wouldn't want to sacrifice our enjoyment of the holiday just to be near the Buzz or Woody statues.

Does anyone know which sections are scheduled for works during mid August?

Anyone know if they will be refurbishing all of the preferred buildings first? Is there a specific refurb schedule of sections? I have not been able to find nearly as much info on the ASMo reburbs as there is about CSR and CBR.

We leave Saturday with 3 rooms- big family vacation- and have requested Toy Story section. What would be the best way to request a refurbished room? I know chances are slim since they may not be done with building 10 yet- but worth a shot right? I don’t see anywhere on the online check in to write in a request like that. Would it be best to call the resort? or fax?

We leave Saturday with 3 rooms- big family vacation- and have requested Toy Story section. What would be the best way to request a refurbished room? I know chances are slim since they may not be done with building 10 yet- but worth a shot right? I don’t see anywhere on the online check in to write in a request like that. Would it be best to call the resort? or fax?

You can make a request when you call the normal line. Then you can call the resort directly as it gets closer and fax. I'm really tempted to change my reservation to Movies just in the hope that I'd get a refurbished room. It will be $20 more a night since Preferred is the only ones open for those dates.

If I do it, I'll be doing all three. Call the normal Disney Line to put the request in my file. Call the resort directly a week or so out and fax in my request before arrival.

Just checked into Toy Story building 10 and got a refurbished room!. It wonderful. I'd post pictures but not sure how to do that. The room looks just like the Pop refurbished rooms.

Thanks for the info. Can you tell if they are working on other parts of Building 10 still? Or the whole building looks done? Did they move onto Building 9 (Woody)?

I have never stayed at movies because of the double beds. We are coming mid-August. Will all beds be queen by then? Or just preferred? We would love to give the resort a try!

I just saw pics on FB. I guess there's a short video on Instagram too. Looks adorable. Very Similar to Pop. Micky and Minnie above the Bed. Huey, Dewy, And Louie on the Murphy bed. They didn't do the handshower in the bathroom tho. That's a bit disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter