Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

There are two - one that separates the room from the entire bathroom area And another that further separates the toilet/ tub area. It was very nice.

It might be that the shower needs to be larger in a handicapped accessible room so there is less storage space.

We booked for early January 2019 and just got an email stating room refurbishments will be taking place during that time. I thought they’d be all done by then?

We booked for early January 2019 and just got an email stating room refurbishments will be taking place during that time. I thought they’d be all done by then?

I think the official completed by date is February 2019, but if they are moving this fast, maybe they’ll finish up ahead of schedule. I’d assume they have some wiggle room in the schedule for inclement weather and such.

I think the official completed by date is February 2019, but if they are moving this fast, maybe they’ll finish up ahead of schedule. I’d assume they have some wiggle room in the schedule for inclement weather and such.
I'm so glad that the rooms will be finished by February! I am part of a Herbie the Love Bug group and Herbie's 50th anniversary/birthday will be in mid-March. Our group will be having a meetup and many of us are staying at ASMo, hopefully in the Love Bug wing. Our group coordinator has already reserved a block of rooms for us. They have also contacted Disney about Herbie's 50th birthday and hopefully, Disney will help us celebrate Herbie's big birthday. There will be several Herbie's at the resort during our stay!

I just booked a standard room here for next week as there were no preferred available in our vacation package through United. So chances are we'll be in Mighty Ducks or Herbie section correct? If so which one should I request? Thanks!

I just booked a standard room here for next week as there were no preferred available in our vacation package through United. So chances are we'll be in Mighty Ducks or Herbie section correct? If so which one should I request? Thanks!

I'd request Mighty Ducks as the location is so close to All-Star Music, it's actually just as easy (or easier) to use that resort's food court, main pool, and buses. So you have more amenities to choose from even though you're staying at Movies. Plus Ducks has its own pool.

Only preferred rooms available for when I'd like to go in January. I'm hoping by then all the preferred rooms would be renovated. Does anyone have an update as to which buildings are complete?

So I booked my room yesterday for the end of January in a standard room (changed my dates). The CM I spoke to said the renovations should be completed by the time I go. I'm taking that with a grain of salt but hoping that is true.

We are staying at ASMo in November, checking in on Thanksgiving Day. We have a standard room booked right now - do you think they will start on the Love Bug or Mighty Ducks section first? I am hoping they have some standard rooms refurbished by then, but not sure which building may be completed.

I'm so glad that the rooms will be finished by February! I am part of a Herbie the Love Bug group and Herbie's 50th anniversary/birthday will be in mid-March. Our group will be having a meetup and many of us are staying at ASMo, hopefully in the Love Bug wing. Our group coordinator has already reserved a block of rooms for us. They have also contacted Disney about Herbie's 50th birthday and hopefully, Disney will help us celebrate Herbie's big birthday. There will be several Herbie's at the resort during our stay!
That's really cool!! We just returned from a quick stay in Love Bug and, as our first value stay, weren't overly enamored with it. However, even with a room facing the parking lot, it was super quiet. Are you driving your Bug all the way from Birmingham or trailering it??? I'd never have the guts (or the stamina!) to take my vintage car that far. Anyway, if you've got several going, I think you should contact Disney and see if they could reserve the tiny lot off the very end of the building for your cars. (It's right at the edge of the pond behind the building, where building 7 meets building 6.) There are just a dozen to maybe 20 spots there (it's sort of a pass-thru area). They may say no, but it's worth asking; I know how nerve-wracking it is parking your special car in a busy place. Come back and post a pic of all of them together!! :)

Do the All Stars typically share buses? I know that is the rumor, but im curious if that is the norm.

Do the All Stars typically share buses? I know that is the rumor, but im curious if that is the norm.
I always heard that rumor too, but in the week we stayed at ASMu, we only shared buses one time, and it was at about 7am. Even after picking up at 3 All Stars, they may have been 10 of us on the whole bus. So I think it only happens when they don’t expect many people.

That's really cool!! We just returned from a quick stay in Love Bug and, as our first value stay, weren't overly enamored with it. However, even with a room facing the parking lot, it was super quiet. Are you driving your Bug all the way from Birmingham or trailering it??? I'd never have the guts (or the stamina!) to take my vintage car that far. Anyway, if you've got several going, I think you should contact Disney and see if they could reserve the tiny lot off the very end of the building for your cars. (It's right at the edge of the pond behind the building, where building 7 meets building 6.) There are just a dozen to maybe 20 spots there (it's sort of a pass-thru area). They may say no, but it's worth asking; I know how nerve-wracking it is parking your special car in a busy place. Come back and post a pic of all of them together!! :)
My Herbie is not vintage, it a new 2018, but there will be several vintage Herbie's there. I think a couple of them are actual movie Herbies. Disney is going to provide a spot for all of us to park our cars, but we have also been advised to bring car covers. I drove my Herbie to WDW in March. I had a room facing the parking lot at ASSports. I parked him where I could see him. I saw lots of people pulling over to look at him and taking pictures. My daughter and I will be driving him down to WDW Monday and staying at Pop Century. I always try to park him where he won't get hurt;)
Here's a picture from one of the past reunions and a picture of my Herbie:upload_2018-7-7_10-46-37.png herbie.jpeg

I always heard that rumor too, but in the week we stayed at ASMu, we only shared buses one time, and it was at about 7am. Even after picking up at 3 All Stars, they may have been 10 of us on the whole bus. So I think it only happens when they don’t expect many people.
We stayed one time and I literally can’t remember if we shared or not. With the remodel and the theming I think I’d like to try ASMo again. I’m just concerned about the buses, I personally think they’re bad at every resort, but sharing just adds to the mess lol.

Very cool!! Hope Disney makes some pixie dust for y'all! Come back and share some pics! So fun to see another car girl :)
My Herbie is not vintage, it a new 2018, but there will be several vintage Herbie's there. I think a couple of them are actual movie Herbies. Disney is going to provide a spot for all of us to park our cars, but we have also been advised to bring car covers. I drove my Herbie to WDW in March. I had a room facing the parking lot at ASSports. I parked him where I could see him. I saw lots of people pulling over to look at him and taking pictures. My daughter and I will be driving him down to WDW Monday and staying at Pop Century. I always try to park him where he won't get hurt;)
Here's a picture from one of the past reunions and a picture of my Herbie:View attachment 335344 View attachment 335345
Here's a picture from one of the past reunions and a picture of my Herbie:View attachment 335344 View attachment 335345

Very cool!! Hope Disney makes some pixie dust for y'all! Come back and share some pics! So fun to see another car girl :)
Our group coordinator is in touch with Disney and we hope that they will have some kind of recognition of Herbie's 50th birthday. Our group will be participating in a local car show and do a couple of drives in central Florida during our stay at ASMo.

It's not a rumor..it's true. But it also depends on time of day and how busy they are. During busy times each resort typically has it's own bus. I have stayed at each all stars and have had our own bus and shared all in the same trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter