Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

A couple questions. We're going down in Feb during Princess Marathon weekend. Do these rooms fill fast during marathon weekend? Has anyone gotten a room here with the Visa Cardholder discount during Feb? Also how bad are the cheer and sports groups here?
0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

Last edited:
Also how bad are the cheer and sports groups here?
0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png
All-Star Sports is "Ground Zero" for The 15s and Cheer/Sports groups,but they do also stay at Music and Movies(at times just as many as at Sports).

Really no way to tell if and how many until a Guest arrives.:)

Thanks! Interesting article!
You're welcome.

The 15s are BIG BUSINESS!

Using the $7000.00 figure mentioned in the article for each of the 700 15s at the Party is 4.9 MILLION DOLLARS pumped into the Argentina/United States economies from just this "small" group of 15s(Tens of Thousands of them make the trip each July.).

And then there is their "spending money"-one group of 15s told us last month that they each had THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS for souvenirs,etc.(The 15s go to Disney Springs and BUY THEM OUT!lol).

And some of The 15s also go to NYC and Miami Beach!

We talked to a group of 15s last month who were on a 23 day tour starting in NYC and then WDW and then heading to Miami Beach and then finishing up in the Bahamas!

So a lot of Guests may see "Problem Signs" when they see The 15s coming,but The Mouse sees HUGE "DOLLAR SIGNS"!lol:)

Booked my trip 1/21-2/1. I thought I booked my trip in between the cheer/dance/15's. Last year we were at Sports for the tale end of the cheer competition so decided to book a few days later. I booked a standard room and am considering upgrading to preferred. If any of those groups are there what are the chances they would be in a preferred room?

Booked my trip 1/21-2/1. I thought I booked my trip in between the cheer/dance/15's. Last year we were at Sports for the tale end of the cheer competition so decided to book a few days later. I booked a standard room and am considering upgrading to preferred. If any of those groups are there what are the chances they would be in a preferred room?
The College Cheerleading and Dance Championships are January 18-20 and the UDA Dance Championships are February 1-3 so you will only catch one group leaving and the other group arriving.:)

The 15s are at WDW for most of January and February,but in far less numbers than July.

Last January when we were at WDW,there 15s in Love Bug and Toy Story.

The 15s are RARELY put in the Preferred rooms(although it can happen).:)

The College Cheerleading and Dance Championships are January 18-20 and the UDA Dance Championships are February 1-3 so you will only catch one group leaving and the other group arriving.:)

The 15s are at WDW for most of January and February,but in far less numbers than July.

Last January when we were at WDW,there 15s in Love Bug and Toy Story.

The 15s are RARELY put in the Preferred rooms(although it can happen).:)

great! Looks like I timed it right.

It will be our first time, too. If at all possible, could you tell us which building they are working on for the renovation. Thank you.

The TouringPlans website says they are working on Buildings 7 (Love Bug) & 8 (Fantasia) - not sure if that is true or not.

I was there last week, stayed in renovated Toy Story Building 10 (Buzz), and confirmed the above is true.

Fantasia 8 has less "paperwork" on the windows, so I'm assuming they're closer to being done. Love Bug 7 has papers on all windows. Didn't see any other building with construction going on.

Will give a further in depth report next week when I get home from our beach portion of our trip! :thumbsup2

great! Looks like I timed it right.
Yes,for the Cheerleaders,but you may still encounter a species common to Central Florida in January/February:

southamericanus fifteenis

If you do encounter this unique species,slowly back away and quickly proceed in the opposite direction!lol:)

upload_2018-7-26_9-17-7-png.339626

Yes,for the Cheerleaders,but you may still encounter a species common to Central Florida in January/February:

southamericanus fifteenis

If you do encounter this unique species,slowly back away and quickly proceed in the opposite direction!lol:)

upload_2018-7-26_9-17-7-png.339626
They were there when we were last year. We stayed at Sports so never really encountered them other than the parks. They were pretty tame and no chanting. I remember years ago the chanting in the parks was unbearable.

So we are staying here for one night in September before moving to Sports. We had the trip booked, decided to come ina day earlier but there was no availability at Sports. We are not going to a park on arrival day, but heading to Epcot the next day. Since it’s so close, should we just walk over with our bags (carry-ons only) & check into Sports in the morning or leave our bags at Music and let bell services transfer them? We may take a mid-day break so could check in then, but who knows. I have never switched resorts before.

So we are staying here for one night in September before moving to Sports. We had the trip booked, decided to come ina day earlier but there was no availability at Sports. We are not going to a park on arrival day, but heading to Epcot the next day. Since it’s so close, should we just walk over with our bags (carry-ons only) & check into Sports in the morning or leave our bags at Music and let bell services transfer them? We may take a mid-day break so could check in then, but who knows. I have never switched resorts before.

I have never switched resorts so I don't know how long it takes for luggage to get from one resort to another. In order to be safe and since you are so close I would walk the luggage over and check into Sports. They will hold your luggage if your room isn't ready and at least you know where your luggage is.

Thanks! That was my first inclination, just to get it all over and done with in the morning before heading to Epcot.

I remember years ago the chanting in the parks was unbearable.
No doubt!!!!lol:)

I remember when it was COMMON for a hundred or more 15s to STOP in the middle of Main Street USA and do a "Chant Dance"!lol:)

It looks like those days "may" be gone-we experienced the least Chanting last month ever.:)

I was there last week, stayed in renovated Toy Story Building 10 (Buzz), and confirmed the above is true.

Fantasia 8 has less "paperwork" on the windows, so I'm assuming they're closer to being done. Love Bug 7 has papers on all windows. Didn't see any other building with construction going on.

Will give a further in depth report next week when I get home from our beach portion of our trip! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update. Requesting building 8.

We did a one night split stay last year at AoA with a switch to Coronado. We had never done it before and decided to have bell services handle switching our bags (no rental car). We left at 6ish that morning, bell services were there and ready informed us it should be in our next room...but they never told us a time frame and in the midst we forgot to ask. We spent the morning til 2pm at MK (this was my birthday it comes into play) we get to the resort and our luggage is no where to be found. We were going to switch into our party shirts for MVMCP, get some more diapers and my mom had a surprise in the luggage to decorate the room for my birthday. Well we went to guest services they informed us that bell service luggage switch happens once a day and could arrive 4 o'clock or later. We stayed until 4 waiting for the luggage, and couldn't wait any longer because we had ADR for dinner. It would have been better if the time frame was mentioned/ we would have remembered to ask. Fault on both of us. And if we weren't expecting our luggage with items we needed in it, it would have made our experience better. I even asked the boards and no one said anything about a time frame of delivery.
And this won't happen to everyone but when we got back to the room that night our luggage finally arrived, I noticed that my suitcase was completely broken as though it was ran over (definitely could not take it on a plane). We called the front desk and they did not even hesitate to make it right.

We did a one night split stay last year at AoA with a switch to Coronado. We had never done it before and decided to have bell services handle switching our bags (no rental car). We left at 6ish that morning, bell services were there and ready informed us it should be in our next room...but they never told us a time frame and in the midst we forgot to ask. We spent the morning til 2pm at MK (this was my birthday it comes into play) we get to the resort and our luggage is no where to be found. We were going to switch into our party shirts for MVMCP, get some more diapers and my mom had a surprise in the luggage to decorate the room for my birthday. Well we went to guest services they informed us that bell service luggage switch happens once a day and could arrive 4 o'clock or later. We stayed until 4 waiting for the luggage, and couldn't wait any longer because we had ADR for dinner. It would have been better if the time frame was mentioned/ we would have remembered to ask. Fault on both of us. And if we weren't expecting our luggage with items we needed in it, it would have made our experience better. I even asked the boards and no one said anything about a time frame of delivery.
And this won't happen to everyone but when we got back to the room that night our luggage finally arrived, I noticed that my suitcase was completely broken as though it was ran over (definitely could not take it on a plane). We called the front desk and they did not even hesitate to make it right.

Ugh! That stinks! We too will be changing for the MNSSHP so this just confirms my decision to walk over to Sports and check in that morning. At least I'll know where my bags are even if we can't get into a room that early.

Ugh! That stinks! We too will be changing for the MNSSHP so this just confirms my decision to walk over to Sports and check in that morning. At least I'll know where my bags are even if we can't get into a room that early.

We are doing a one night split stay again this year with one night at ASMo then over to POP. But this year we are driving so we have a car, we plan on having one overnight bag per person that gets brought in while the rest stays in the car. So the next day we can pack up our one bag and head over to POP.

We were at All Star Music but decided to take the bus down to Movies to have a look around. We then walked all the way from Movies over to Sports. If all that you have are carry-ons, you should be okay. If you had more luggage, then I'd suggest having Bell Services handle it for you since the two resorts are on opposite ends of the All Stars trio.

I booked a preferred room for October. Is there a way to request a renovated room?

We were in an old Lovebug room two weeks ago and it looked really dated and run down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter