Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Is anyone else having trouble making room selections online? Whenever I click on the drop down menu to select an option, there are no options. It has been this way for a few weeks. I guess I will have to call in.

If you mean online check-in room requests, yes, this is not working. The fields are there but the drop-down lists are empty.

After cancelling our August " free dining" trip due to DH health issues, I have rebooked for October. Looking for dates to use my travel funds from Southwest, settled on 4day at ASMo preferred room with PH. The flight ended up only costing the price of early bird check in.

I requested a refurb room. Hopefully, I get one but if not no big deal. Just happy to be able to go. Trying now, since its only 4 days, to talk DH into the DDP.

I was just curious if anyor has opinions on the Fantasia rooms? I had automatically thought Toy Story or 101 Dalmatians, but it seems like everyone requests those. I’m wondering if I’m better off asking for Fantasia. My kids are a little older, 15, 13 and 10, so they aren’t going to be upset if we aren’t by Buzz or anything. Any pros or cons to Fantasia? I have two rooms booked for 11/20-11/28.

I was just curious if anyor has opinions on the Fantasia rooms? I had automatically thought Toy Story or 101 Dalmatians, but it seems like everyone requests those. I’m wondering if I’m better off asking for Fantasia. My kids are a little older, 15, 13 and 10, so they aren’t going to be upset if we aren’t by Buzz or anything. Any pros or cons to Fantasia? I have two rooms booked for 11/20-11/28.

The main pool is located in the Fantasia section and is the most centrally located. Also one of the buildings is currently being renovated. In fact, based on your dates both Fantasia buildings will probably be done by then. With that info in mind, you should decide your room accordingly.

The main pool is located in the Fantasia section and is the most centrally located. Also one of the buildings is currently being renovated. In fact, based on your dates both Fantasia buildings will probably be done by then. With that info in mind, you should decide your room accordingly.

Thanks! Sounds like Fantasia will be perfect then.

I just got back on Wednesday from a week long stay at All Star Movies. We checked in on August 22nd and just as she was getting ready to give us our room assignment, I asked if we were in a refurbished room. She said we were not, but she would look and see if there was one available for us. There was one ready, so she moved us to that room. We stayed in Fantasia, room 8745. We loved it. We had 4 in our room - 3 adult women and my 8 year old son. We had plenty of room for us, and my son loved sleeping in the pull down bed.

The staff at the hotel was amazing. He got sick one day and when they found out, our housekeeping team brought him some gifts - a stuffed Goofy and a Goofy hat, plus some balloons. Their manager also gave us extra fast passes for our last 2 park days. We loved everyone that took care of us and it truly was a magical vacation.

Hi all! DH and I are thinking of doing 8 nights (Saturday - Sunday) at Disney this time next year or the year after. We spent so little time in the room on our last trip (only 3 nights) that we'd rather spend money on dining or souvenirs than the hotel. Plus, the Movies theme seems fun!

I'd like some input from anyone who's stayed at ASMovies for a long trip, say 5 nights or longer, especially on an adults-only or couples trip. Did you like it? Was it super-noisy? How was it staying in a renovated room for that long? Did the lack of a TS restaurant bother you? How did afternoon breaks go, if you took any? Would love to hear any pros or cons you have! Thanks!

Traveling with DD age 7 and my parents. I can't be in the same room.with my folks because my dad snores. What are the chances of us getting connecting rooms? My DD wants to be close to the grandparents. Also this is for June 2019. Will renovation be done by then? Thanks!

Traveling with DD age 7 and my parents. I can't be in the same room.with my folks because my dad snores. What are the chances of us getting connecting rooms? My DD wants to be close to the grandparents. Also this is for June 2019. Will renovation be done by then? Thanks!

We have traveled with multiple parties in multiple rooms several times as have many of my clients. You can ask that they make a "traveling with" and request to be near one another notation on each of the reservations which will let the room assigner know that you want to be near one another. Hoping that someone else can answer your question regarding the estimated date of room renovation completion.

we leave tomorrow for a Halloween Party weekend! YAY>.last minute trip as in booked 2 days ago. WE are going from Thursday to Sunday flying from Houston. Soooo excited, not been in the movie resort for over 14 years..we usually do CBR so hoping this will be just as much fun..cant wait. :)

we leave tomorrow for a Halloween Party weekend! YAY>.last minute trip as in booked 2 days ago. WE are going from Thursday to Sunday flying from Houston. Soooo excited, not been in the movie resort for over 14 years..we usually do CBR so hoping this will be just as much fun..cant wait. :)

I am excited for y'all! Be sure to come back and post how you like it. We will be there in November and I'm anxious to hear how a fellow CBR lover feels about Movies.

I am excited for y'all! Be sure to come back and post how you like it. We will be there in November and I'm anxious to hear how a fellow CBR lover feels about Movies.
Lisa!! so good to see you! Hope the family is well :) I will definitely come back and report, I will take lots of pics too for ya. My 10 yr old is so excited, he does love CBR but is more excited at the Movie resort...more kid themed I guess. It was a toss up between Christmas?Thanksgiving or Halloween...Halloween won the vote. More important we are not driving!! YAY..lol we drove in June and you know I hate to drive hehe.. I just read no coffee makers so I ran out and bought a little tea kettle and some instant coffee for the room! Just incase we are not close to the food court. We didnt take preferred so who knows where we will end up. We leave tomorrow evening. :)

When you get pingged your room is ready but you are still sitting in HOuston with a flight delay till 8.50pm tonight...sigh. We are in The MIghty Ducks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter