Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Akkkkk, anyone else follow Disney Food Blog? Something A-MAZ-ING was just reported to have shown up in World Premiere Food Court .. Self-serve Soft-Serve DOLE WHIP! Excellent use of a snack credit IMHO
View attachment 448869
If this is a permanent addition, this is the best news I've heard. Hope it's there in January when we go!!!

February for us... I really hope it stays, I LOVE soft-serve ice cream (especially dole whip!) :lovestruc

Serious question. Can you fill up the cup with as much Dole Whip as you want? Or will you be monitored on how much you can get?

I just switched from Sports to Movies for my quick trip next month and have never stayed here, I have stayed at POP multiple times, and am wondering if the size of the resort is comparable. I’ve requested love bug since I’m booked standard and wondering if it’s far from food court/busses. I’m travelling solo so I like to be close for safety. I wasn’t able to book preferred, no availability.

I am excited that the renovations are done though, it seems like they are identical to POP and I love their new rooms.

Also the first page indicates you can upgrade for $10/night at check in but that page seems very outdated and wondering if this is still the case.

I just switched from Sports to Movies for my quick trip next month and have never stayed here, I have stayed at POP multiple times, and am wondering if the size of the resort is comparable. I’ve requested love bug since I’m booked standard and wondering if it’s far from food court/busses. I’m travelling solo so I like to be close for safety. I wasn’t able to book preferred, no availability.

I am excited that the renovations are done though, it seems like they are identical to POP and I love their new rooms.

Also the first page indicates you can upgrade for $10/night at check in but that page seems very outdated and wondering if this is still the case.
It's actually quite a bit smaller than Pop, almost 1000 rooms less. We stayed in Mighty Ducks (the other standard section) when we were there, and honestly, I didn't feel like it was much of a walk at all. Definitely closer than some preferred rooms I've stayed in if they were in the back of the building!

Can anyone give me a list of things they wish they had during their stay? I have the opportunity to go to stores before we arrive so I want to make sure I grab what we need before we

Can anyone give me a list of things they wish they had during their stay? I have the opportunity to go to stores before we arrive so I want to make sure I grab what we need before we
A roll of decent toilet paper .. honest, too many foods and drinks your tummy's not used to, not enough sleep, extra stress and you might thank me! The thin cardboard they pass off as tp leaves a lot to be desired when things get off the rails :rolleyes1

Last edited:

Heading to ASMo 11/17-11/23 for my birthday and was so excited. But my mother in law passed away yesterday after a long illness. My husband does not want to cancel. This trip was the "make over" for our family trip in 2014 at the same time that we wanted to cancel as my mom had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and she demanded we go...my MIL had dementia and was not well off. Sorry to vent! But ASMo does cheer me up.
I am sorry for your loss. We were in the same situation last year. My MIL passed away on Christmas after a stroke and pancreatic cancer. By the time we left for our trip on January 15, it was a much needed break. It seems crazy to think that Disney over MLK weekend could be relaxing, but we just needed to get away. Go, relax, and enjoy your time. 🤗

I always try to get some liquid hand soap. I hate using the little bars of soap at hotels. I never feel like I get my hands clean!

Anyone care to chime in on which preferred building they prefer? Need to get our request in for our two nights there.

Anyone care to chime in on which preferred building they prefer? Need to get our request in for our two nights there.

I prefer Toy Story over Dalmatians. It’s closer to transportation and the food court. The smoking section near Dalmatians is also out in the open which is also kind of annoying. I’ve never stayed Fantasia, but I’m not big on the pools.

I prefer Toy Story over Dalmatians. It’s closer to transportation and the food court. The smoking section near Dalmatians is also out in the open which is also kind of annoying. I’ve never stayed Fantasia, but I’m not big on the pools.

I prefer Toy Story over Fantasia. We were as far away as possible in Toy Story, but I still prefer the quiet compared to the Fantasia pool noise. I have not stayed in Dalmations.

We love the Mighty Duck section. Nice pool, less people in it. Our room number is 3760 1st Floor Mighty Ducks Building 3. We were right next to a Dalmatian building and right by the pool entrance. 5 min walk to main building.

Staying here in 3 days for the first time. Thank you, for the info about the dole whip machine and I have now requested Mighty Ducks

Love the Mighty Duck section! We've stayed at the resort many times. I always request Mighty Duck. But more times than not ended up in Love Bug. Our last 2 stays, we got our request and got Mighty Ducks.

I'm super excited to stay here next month! Just my old DD and me. I've requested the Mighty Ducks section. I love the idea that we'll be able to check out 2 resorts at the same time. I was struggling to decide between the two, so this seems like a great compromise 8-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter