Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

Are there standard rooms in any of the Toy Story, Fantasia or 101 Dalmatians buildings?

Does anyone know: When groups stay at Movies, are they usually put in one section? Perhaps Love Bug or Mighty Ducks? Or are they put in both?

We just moved from POP pool preferred to ASMO preferred for our two week stay in August. It saved us 1,000.00 with the room discount. Plus we are going christmas week and we are at pop currently but may switch that at some point.

I followed suit to all of you and requested Mighty Ducks too. I like the idea of having a quiet pool and also having quick access to AsMu buses and food court.
Having two older ladies with us (mom 65 with a relatively bad knee and auntie 64) I want to reduce as much walking as I can.

Does anyone know if there are any cheerleading or other type events that will fill the All Stars resorts November 8 - 22? Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are any cheerleading or other type events that will fill the All Stars resorts November 8 - 22? Thanks!
Not sure about 2020 but when we were there November 17th through November 29, 2019, there was one group there on the last couple of days but they were very respectful.

We just got back from AS-Movies today. It was our first stay back at AS since 2002. I was very impressed with the room renovations. We were in Mighty Ducks Bldg 3 and a quick hop ad a jump to AS-Mu for busses and food. We actually preferred their entrees and sandwiches there! Because I ran the marathon and we were busy park hopping or checking out new restaurants, resorts, and entertainment on property, we were not at the resort that much. I was pretty impressed with what we did access and would not hesitate to stay here again if it meant saving $$$ so I could go on another WDW trip!

We just got back from AS-Movies today. It was our first stay back at AS since 2002. I was very impressed with the room renovations. We were in Mighty Ducks Bldg 3 and a quick hop ad a jump to AS-Mu for busses and food. We actually preferred their entrees and sandwiches there! Because I ran the marathon and we were busy park hopping or checking out new restaurants, resorts, and entertainment on property, we were not at the resort that much. I was pretty impressed with what we did access and would not hesitate to stay here again if it meant saving $$$ so I could go on another WDW trip!
How were the noises at night with the new hard flooring? Did you hear footsteps in other rooms or anything? We're checking in next week and I'm really looking forward to seeing the new rooms!

Just booked a stay here for end of February in a preferred room. This will be our first time staying at an All-Star and fad a few questions for you experts:
1) friends are staying at All Star Sports. How far of a walk is it to there?
2) looking for a quiet room close as possible to main hall/buses. Would high floor Toy Story suit this? (We like the theming of the Toy Story buildings best.)
3) any other tips, recommendations, etc? I’m going to start getting familiar with this thread and info on it over the next few days
4) does anyone know of any large groups scheduled for February 20-28?

Depending on where their building is located within the Sports resort, it could be a semi-far walk. We stayed at Movies this past Thanksgiving and took the Sports bus once and regretted it. We have stayed at several resorts including Caribbean Beach where most complain about the walks (we had no issues there). We had to walk across Sports, through parking lots, through Music and then cross a road to Movies. Although the parking lot was lighted, we didn't care for walking across a huge parking lot at night. The walk from Music to Movies wasn't far at all. We were in Toy Story Building 9 on the bottom floor (the last room 9710) and we heard no noise and were very close to the main buildings and pool. Took us maybe two minutes.

The worst case walk from Movies to Sports is about 3/4 of a mile, the best case about 1/4 mile.

The Toy Story rooms are in a different, more expensive booking class.

Just booked a stay here for end of February in a preferred room. This will be our first time staying at an All-Star and fad a few questions for you experts:
1) friends are staying at All Star Sports. How far of a walk is it to there?
2) looking for a quiet room close as possible to main hall/buses. Would high floor Toy Story suit this? (We like the theming of the Toy Story buildings best.)
3) any other tips, recommendations, etc? I’m going to start getting familiar with this thread and info on it over the next few days
4) does anyone know of any large groups scheduled for February 20-28?
If you want to be a little closer to AsSp, I'd recommend the 101 Dalmations section. Do check the map of the resorts to scope out your walking path. Cutting between the buildings is not always as straight a line as one might think. We took the Music bus once and took a very meandering path back to our room.
I always prefer the highest floor. Dalmations and Toy Story will be quieter than Fantasia, IMHO.

My daughter uses a wheelchair. We initially wanted to stay at All Star Music but Movies was renovated and Music was being renovated so we went with with Movies. Would she be able to access the Music resort using the strategies you guys have been discussing with her wheelchair from the Might Duck building? Are there paths that connect the different resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter