Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Good morning. I have a question for all. Does anyone have any pictures of the refurbished room pictures of the family suites? Or a link to where I can find one?

When the Murphy bed is down how much room do you really have to move around? The thought of having to put the Murphy bed up and down each day doesn't sound fun in the long run. Just want to make sure how how tight things will get if we leave it down the whole time.

It’s fairly tight when it’s down- meaning you’re not doing yoga, but you can easily walk around to get to the door etc.
However, to put the bed up and down, really almost no effort. I know some Murphy beds are very cumbersome, but these are super easy.

HI. Any known school trips/groups staying at this resort on or the days around Easter?
This ESPN web sites shows no cheerleaders but possible Spring Training teams for baseball.

https://www.espnwwos.com/events/#date=April|view=list

Disney Spring Training​

March 11 - April 07, 2024
Disney Spring Training logo on clear background

When your team trains at Walt Disney World Resort, amazing things can happen both on and off the diamond. Experience adventures together while achieving high-performance to start your baseball or softball season.

We booked a standard room for January. Any suggestions on building requests?
I like Building 8 in the Broadway section - rooms 33-44.

You’re not facing the parking lot, but you’re super close to the sidewalk by the parking lot which leads fairly directly towards the main building/buses.

Does building 3 and 9 not have standard rooms? I'm looking at maps that state they are but I'm trying to put my room request in and they are saying they are not available for standard room.

Sorry this is my first time staying at ASMu, I usually stay at POP.

Booked for ASMu preferred room and have a few questions. I have seen a few conflicting reports online, some saying calypso is the only preferred section, with others saying Jazz is also a preferred section. My best guess is Calypso used to be the only preferred section, but it was updated semi-recently to include Jazz a preferred section as well, is that right?

It appears that the suites are also located within the Calypso and Jazz sections as well. Does anyone know the placement of the suites? are they scattered throughout the building on all floors? are they contained to certain blocks/hallways in each building? I guess I'm just trying to get an understanding of where i will most likely be placed having a preferred room.

Lastly, some quick questions about the other 2 All Star resorts nearby. I see Music is located in the middle of the 3? How long of a walk is it to get from Music over to the lobby of Movies and Sports? And how do the other 2 all star resort food options compare to music? i know they all have the standard options (pizza, burgers, tenders etc), but do they offer anything unique from one another? Ill be there for 12 nights with free dining so im wondering if its worth venturing to the other All Star food courts to try them out.

Does building 3 and 9 not have standard rooms? I'm looking at maps that state they are but I'm trying to put my room request in and they are saying they are not available for standard room.

Sorry this is my first time staying at ASMu, I usually stay at POP.
I think you’re asking about buildings 2 and 9, which are the Jazz sections. According to touring plans, building 2 does not have any standard rooms with 2 queen beds and building 9 only has 3 standard rooms with 2 queen beds in the entire building. If you’re looking at rooms with just a king bed, you’ll find a few rooms scattered between both those buildings.

You’ll find the majority of the standard rooms in the Rock, Country and Broadway buildings. I love the theming, but I hate the walk to the main building. I always recommend booking preferred at Music if the walk bothers you.

Last edited:
Booked for ASMu preferred room and have a few questions. I have seen a few conflicting reports online, some saying calypso is the only preferred section, with others saying Jazz is also a preferred section. My best guess is Calypso used to be the only preferred section, but it was updated semi-recently to include Jazz a preferred section as well, is that right?

I’m not sure how long Jazz has had preferred rooms, but my first stay at Music was almost 14 years ago, and I know Jazz had some preferred rooms at that time.

It appears that the suites are also located within the Calypso and Jazz sections as well. Does anyone know the placement of the suites? are they scattered throughout the building on all floors? are they contained to certain blocks/hallways in each building? I guess I'm just trying to get an understanding of where i will most likely be placed having a preferred room.
Check put the touring plans room views here….
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...ect]=&filters[ug]=&commit=Show+Matching+Rooms

Lastly, some quick questions about the other 2 All Star resorts nearby. I see Music is located in the middle of the 3? How long of a walk is it to get from Music over to the lobby of Movies and Sports? And how do the other 2 all star resort food options compare to music? i know they all have the standard options (pizza, burgers, tenders etc), but do they offer anything unique from one another? Ill be there for 12 nights with free dining so im wondering if its worth venturing to the other All Star food courts to try them out.

It will be a quicker walk over to the Movies foodcourt from Music. Just about 5 minutes to the Movies foodcourt, probably closer to 10 to get to Sports because you have to walk across the parking lot to get there.

We stayed at Movies last August and we visited all the food courts. They were pretty much the same. I think maybe Sports had a hotdog on the menu that Movie and Music didn’t have. But you never know. Things could change.

I think you’re asking about buildings 2 and 9, which are the Jazz sections. According to touring plans, building 2 does not have any standard rooms with 2 queen beds and building 9 only has 3 standard rooms with 2 queen beds in the entire building. If you’re looking at rooms with just a king bed, you’ll find a few rooms scattered between both those buildings.

You’ll find the majority of the standard rooms in the Rock, Country and Broadway buildings. I love the theming, but I hate the walk to the main building. I always recommend booking preferred at Music if the walk bothers you.

Thank you. ☺️

Originally Calypso was the only Preferred Section,but Jazz was changed from Standard to Preferred years ago.

There "usually" are a few differences in offerings between End Zone Food Court at Sports,Intermission Food Court at Music and World Premiere Food Court at Movies.

For example,Music usually has a Shrimp and Grits dish that End Zone and World Premiere don't offer.

And not every thing available in the Food Courts is listed on MDE.

Also it is just fun to visit the 3 different Resorts and especially with 12 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts