Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Anyone know why they are trying to block off all the back sections of All Star Music parking lot ny Broadway? It sucks when you pay for your room the same as anyone else, and they start putting signs up not allowing you to park anywhere near your room!

Anyone been there recently? Is the parking lot near Broadway still blocked off?

Anyone been there recently? Is the parking lot near Broadway still blocked off?
The Lot by Broadway is not "blocked off"-the last ROW of spaces at the very end of the lot are being used for storage containers for old furniture,mattresses,etc.-don't know how long they will be there.

The rest of the Lot is open as usual.:)

Here is a look at the closed portion of the Broadway Lot-not very Magical!lol:)

27083578299_d5373ae49b_h.jpg

Here now and wanted to share a few things.

1. Food court is still "split" with one station requiring pre-ordering at the cash register and getting a buzzer that notifies you to pick up your food and one station where you order and wait on your food and then go through the cash register and pay. This can be a bit awkward if the family wants food from both stations.

2. At least at the resort, they are still allowing and encouraging guests on the dining plan to get a dessert in lieu of a bottled drink. We haven't tried it in the parks.

3. I've stayed here several times in the past but now that I am here after seeing other guests comment about how dark this resort is, I can kind of see it. It seems peaceful to me and not so dark that I can't see. My night vision is bad so I figure if I can see, most folks should be able too. Still, it is not brightly lit in many areas.

4. The fences around the pools are new since my last stay here. This effectively increases the distance you have to walk to/from the rooms to the main hall because you can't really cut through the pool areas like you used to.

5. We are on the backside of one of the Rock Inn buildings. I thought "great, should be super quiet." This notion was shattered the first morning. We arrived in the wee hours after driving most of the night. For some reason, power washing the windows (!) and doors (!) as well as the walkway was performed at 8:30 am. It was a rude awakening.

6. We did online checkin and included the notice that we wouldn't arrive until after midnight. We got notification at 10 am that our room was ready. It was kind of painful to picture the room sitting and waiting on us when we couldn't even hit the road for several more hours. It was super nice to park and go straight to the room when we got here though.

7. The next morning, I went to the front desk and asked about the gift card in lieu of housekeeping. They handed me a brief flyer to read on the program and gave us a $70 gift card for our 8-night stay. I asked for and received a physical gift card instead of just the email so that is an option.

All for now.

1. Food court is still "split" with one station requiring pre-ordering at the cash register and getting a buzzer that notifies you to pick up your food and one station where you order and wait on your food and then go through the cash register and pay. This can be a bit awkward if the family wants food from both stations.

2. At least at the resort, they are still allowing and encouraging guests on the dining plan to get a dessert in lieu of a bottled drink. We haven't tried it in the parks.

3. I've stayed here several times in the past but now that I am here after seeing other guests comment about how dark this resort is, I can kind of see it. It seems peaceful to me and not so dark that I can't see. My night vision is bad so I figure if I can see, most folks should be able too. Still, it is not brightly lit in many areas.

4. The fences around the pools are new since my last stay here. This effectively increases the distance you have to walk to/from the rooms to the main hall because you can't really cut through the pool areas like you used to.

5. We are on the backside of one of the Rock Inn buildings. I thought "great, should be super quiet." This notion was shattered the first morning. We arrived in the wee hours after driving most of the night. For some reason, power washing the windows (!) and doors (!) as well as the walkway was performed at 8:30 am. It was a rude awakening.

6. We did online checkin and included the notice that we wouldn't arrive until after midnight. We got notification at 10 am that our room was ready. It was kind of painful to picture the room sitting and waiting on us when we couldn't even hit the road for several more hours. It was super nice to park and go straight to the room when we got here though.

7. The next morning, I went to the front desk and asked about the gift card in lieu of housekeeping. They handed me a brief flyer to read on the program and gave us a $70 gift card for our 8-night stay. I asked for and received a physical gift card instead of just the email so that is an option.

All for now.
Thank you, that's very helpful. The food court sounds like it might be a bit challenging for out party of 7, glad we only plan on using it once this trip.

Just back from all stars music for our dec 2017 trip ...resort was fine parks were fun....crowded...too crowded for us and Pandora...amazing

All for now.

Were you able to get clean towels during the week?

Were you able to get clean towels during the week?

Yes, easily. Housekeeping folks seemed to be around often and were very willing to take trash off our hands and give out more towels and shampoo, etc.

Detergent is available for $1 and machines are $3 to wash and $3 to dry. They take credit/debit cards, but not magic bands, sadly.

For those who may be wondering what drinks are available in the All Star Music food court, here you go. All of these were taken during our Thanksgiving, 2017 trip.

38790650544_0b7a5135d7_z.jpg

38790653254_4a81f87343_z.jpg

39499268911_1f5034f5ae_z (1).jpg

Coffee...regular and decaf:

39469246252_c423e83298_z (1).jpg

In addition to the individual packets/cups of creamer, they also have creamer in this dispenser:

39499260921_20926b6a65_z.jpg

Gold Peak tea. Sweet and Unsweet (which is a bad word for us living in the Deep South)

39499266671_8a1b12dff0_z (1).jpg

Condiments and other items available in the food court. The first three pictures are all condiments which were on the long counter top to the left of the station in the middle of the food court. Pictures of the toasters and microwaves coming up in another post.

Packaged sauce and bottles of Tabasco.

38790662594_158b3be63b_z.jpg

Packets of sweet relish, sauces, salt, pepper and bottles of A1 Sauce:

38790700944_91598b1864_z.jpg

Packets of assorted jellies and jams:

38790706564_abec2e8eb0_z.jpg

And, over by the drink station were tea bags, sugars and artificial sweeteners and honey:

39499277941_41337b9c99_z.jpg

Sweeteners and liquid creamer:

39499283831_dc41ae2c04_z.jpg

Along the wall to the left of the station in the middle of the food court, there is a long counter top (see the reference in the picture above). There are condiments, sauces, etc. and toasters and microwaves for guests to use:

38790711084_5c118d986b_z.jpg

38790722534_89d134150c_z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter