Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

ALSO... room requests? Is there a fax or email or something through which I can place requests? We'd like higher floor, not sure about building, king bed. I know... just requests, no guarantees, but can't hurt to ask, right?

Right! Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add your requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Any one stayed in a family suite lately. Are they looking tired. I am thinking of booking one for 4 adults so wondering how the pullouts were holding up? Which building should we request...have never stayed there? thanks!
I have not been since 2016, but then the decor was looking a bit tired, but all the pull outs seemed fine. At least I did not hear any complaints. But again, that was a little over 3 years ago.
There are only two buildings if I am not mistaken that have the suites and they are both considered preferred. I know one is Calypso (maybe both are?) They are the closest to the main building and right by the pool.

I have not been since 2016, but then the decor was looking a bit tired, but all the pull outs seemed fine. At least I did not hear any complaints. But again, that was a little over 3 years ago.
There are only two buildings if I am not mistaken that have the suites and they are both considered preferred. I know one is Calypso (maybe both are?) They are the closest to the main building and right by the pool.
Calypso is preferred. Suites are in both Jazz and Calypso.

Any one stayed in a family suite lately. Are they looking tired. I am thinking of booking one for 4 adults so wondering how the pullouts were holding up? Which building should we request...have never stayed there? thanks!
We were upgraded to one from a standard just a few weeks ago. It definitely did not look as "fresh" as the new rooms in other resorts with the lighter colors and vinyl flooring, but it was clean, pretty quiet, and all of the beds were comfy. We were in the Calypso building room 9606.

Just booked a family suite for our trip in January for the half marathon. I had been contemplating the DoubleTree Suites in the Disney Springs area, but just couldn't get past not being on a WDW property and being immersed in the Disney vibe.

We have always stayed at POP but due to the price increase there we decided to book a bounceback at Music for next year. Excited and nervous at the same time to try something different. It is just DH and I and we are in the parks from opening to closing so just need a clean place to sleep. Excited to start learning all about Music to prepare for our trip!

Any updates on the renovations at Music? I spoke to a CM a few weeks ago and he said that work had just begun. We are arriving on Dec 22, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a renovated room. He did add it to our room requests. 🤞

Any updates on the renovations at Music? I spoke to a CM a few weeks ago and he said that work had just begun. We are arriving on Dec 22, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a renovated room. He did add it to our room requests. 🤞
Did you actually see any work being done? I just haven’t heard any reports of renovations except from your post so I’m curious. If they’ve actually started I need to update the other thread.

Did you actually see any work being done? I just haven’t heard any reports of renovations except from your post so I’m curious. If they’ve actually started I need to update the other thread.

I've not seen any work done, as I've not yet arrived, as I said. I heard from a CM on the phone that renovations were starting a few weeks ago. I was just asking here if anyone has been there lately, and if they have seen any updates.

I've not seen any work done, as I've not yet arrived, as I said. I heard from a CM on the phone that renovations were starting a few weeks ago. I was just asking here if anyone has been there lately, and if they have seen any updates.
Oh sorry, I thought you meant you talked to a CM in person on a recent trip. I completely misread that. As far as I know, no work has started at music. Hopefully someone has been there recently or is going and can give an update

I was just there and saw no evidence of any work being done. However, I was staying at the front of the Jazz section and did not walk toward the back of the resort at all, just between my room, the Calypso pool, and the main building.

Here now. No renovations as of yet so our room is definitely out of date ... however grounds are lovely. Our adult children have only ever stayed at moderates and they are loving it just the same. Helps I’m sure that we are like two doors away from the main lobby lol.

We just stayed in a Country Fair building... almost as far away from the main building as you can get. We saw no evidence of work going on at all.

We were also thankful for our rental car, as we chose to drive up to the front parking lot to catch the bus. It's a long way from back there, especially in the middle of the day. There's some shade on the walkways, but not a lot. And there's no direct path, really, since you have to walk around the pools. We found a way to cut it down by walking through some of the buildings, making it more of a straight shot.

Knowing a reno was coming, I wasn't unhappy with the rooms. However, I would love to stay again after they're updated. Just in a much closer building next time. ;)

We just left there on 9/1, and no renovations had begun. If they do it the same way they did POP and ASMo, it's not an individual room renovation (one room at a time), they do a block of rooms at the same time. So the PP who mentioned seeing single rooms being updated - they may have been doing that for another reason and just fixed them up in the new style to make it easier later. The "major" renovation has not yet begun as of two weeks ago.

We just got back on 9/7 from staying at All-Star Music, Calypso building 10, room 525 and the room down the way from us at the end was renovated/being worked on. The room number placards were changed as well as the curtain was open, therefore we were able to see in on several occasions.
Did you see areas being fenced off or construction crews around?

We just left there on 9/1, and no renovations had begun. If they do it the same way they did POP and ASMo, it's not an individual room renovation (one room at a time), they do a block of rooms at the same time. So the PP who mentioned seeing single rooms being updated - they may have been doing that for another reason and just fixed them up in the new style to make it easier later. The "major" renovation has not yet begun as of two weeks ago.
This is what I was wondering. I've been waiting to change the All Star Music renovations thread, but it still doesn't sound like they've started renovating in bulk yet.

Did you see areas being fenced off or construction crews around?
There was construction crews, barricades, large crates/pallets, trucks, etc just in the parking lot closest to us, but I couldn't say for sure it was specifically for construction on All-Star Music rooms. There was a construction crew in the specific room I mentioned on one occasion that we saw. The room was renovated to have the same type of set-up at the All-Star Movie rooms. We did not see/notice any other construction going on besides that room or 2 (the room next to it had the new room number placard as well, but closed curtains) and then in the parking lot.

There was construction crews, barricades, large crates/pallets, trucks, etc just in the parking lot closest to us, but I couldn't say for sure it was specifically for construction on All-Star Music rooms. There was a construction crew in the specific room I mentioned on one occasion that we saw. The room was renovated to have the same type of set-up at the All-Star Movie rooms. We did not see/notice any other construction going on besides that room or 2 (the room next to it had the new room number placard as well, but closed curtains) and then in the parking lot.
Okay thanks! My guess is they remodeled some of the rooms (they did that at Sports, too). I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I don't think they've started the complete renovations yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter