Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I'm kind of late to posting this, but I was speaking to a manager at ASMu the last week of August, and I asked when the rooms were going to start being renovated because I was hoping to stay in a renovated room next summer (I booked a FD bounceback).

She said they were going to start "soon" in the "fall" (vague, I know), but that by next summer, they should be almost done and I should request a renovated room.

I'm kind of late to posting this, but I was speaking to a manager at ASMu the last week of August, and I asked when the rooms were going to start being renovated because I was hoping to stay in a renovated room next summer (I booked a FD bounceback).

She said they were going to start "soon" in the "fall" (vague, I know), but that by next summer, they should be almost done and I should request a renovated room.
That is super vague. Hopefully they start sooner rather than later and don't stop in the middle like they did at Movies. Looking forward to our first at Music this Christmas.

Just thought I would share this here on the ASMu refurb. Quoted from a poster in the "News Round Up 2019" thread.

If it hasn’t already been posted elsewhere, I can confirm that the refurb at All-Star Music has begun.

I walked through all 20 buildings in Sports and Music this afternoon. The third of Music’s Calypso 10 closest to Movies is closed off with the usual barriers and schedule paste-ups on the windows.

I saw nothing elsewhere in Music or Sports. (I didn’t expect to, but Disney does surprise me every now and them, so I thought I’d better look through it all.)

View attachment 437757

This will be my first time at All Star Music. We only paid for a standard room. Are any of the buildings better than the other? Not knowing much about the resort I'm not sure what to put in for our request. At any hotel I usually ask for a high floor. then looking at theming for for ASmu I think I'd like to stay in either Broadway or Rock Inn. I'm going in December so don't think there is a chance of getting a referbished rooms as they are starting with preferred Calypso (preferred).

Are any of the buildings better than the other? Not knowing much about the resort I'm not sure what to put in for our request. At any hotel I usually ask for a high floor. then looking at theming for for ASmu I think I'd like to stay in either Broadway or Rock Inn. I'm going in December so don't think there is a chance of getting a referbished rooms as they are starting with preferred Calypso (preferred).
I only stayed in Calypso, but I think the only big difference in the buildings is the distance from the main hall (food court, buses). Of the non-preferred, I think Broadway or Rock Inn is best, maybe ask for building 3 or 8 if being closer to the main hall is important. Country Fair is quite a hike. My family went to explore the resort one day but gave up before getting as far back as Country.

I only stayed in Calypso, but I think the only big difference in the buildings is the distance from the main hall (food court, buses). Of the non-preferred, I think Broadway or Rock Inn is best, maybe ask for building 3 or 8 if being closer to the main hall is important. Country Fair is quite a hike. My family went to explore the resort one day but gave up before getting as far back as Country.
thanks - Well do that I'm hoping for those 2 themed buildings anyway.

This will be my first time at All Star Music. We only paid for a standard room. Are any of the buildings better than the other? Not knowing much about the resort I'm not sure what to put in for our request. At any hotel I usually ask for a high floor. then looking at theming for for ASmu I think I'd like to stay in either Broadway or Rock Inn. I'm going in December so don't think there is a chance of getting a referbished rooms as they are starting with preferred Calypso (preferred).

We were just there in a Country Fair building. The building itself was fine, and it was relatively quiet surrounding us. However, we were almost the furthest you could be from the main building, which made it and the Calypso pool quite a hike. The piano pool isn't far, though, and there's a shaded picnic area in the courtyard of the Country Fair area. Thankfully, we had a rental car, and we would drive our rental up to the front parking lot to catch the bus. Honestly, it takes less than 10 minutes to walk it, but when you're in a hurry in the mornings and you're exhausted at night (or heading back for the mid-day nap in the blistering heat), that 10-minute walk seems like torture. We enjoyed the resort, so if we stay there again, we will stay preferred.

I will also say that I noticed that when we stayed at Movies (preferred) we were a very short walk to the main building. And at Music, some of the Movies rooms were closer to our main building than their own. So check out the overall All-Star map and see if a certain building would benefit you there.

I wonder since they are starting with Calypso, if they will renovate the suites at the same time (since they are in there and Jazz I believe). I plan on staying in a suite next year.

Thanks - I think we are going to ask to be in either Rock Inn or Broadway. I might put Broadway as my first choice is I like the theming the best. My friend and I are pretty good time managers so we'll be sure to allot enough time to catch the buses. I'm just worried about the early mornings as I live on the West Coast and there is a 3 hour time difference.

I wonder since they are starting with Calypso, if they will renovate the suites at the same time (since they are in there and Jazz I believe). I plan on staying in a suite next year.
I think they usually do one building at a time.

I think they usually do one building at a time.
They do usually only do one building at a time, but there are suites dispersed throughout the Calypso buildings. I have stayed in a suite in both Calypso buildings. They have regular rooms and suites in the same building (UNLIKE AoA) :)

Would anyone know if there are King beds in the standard rooms? I requested Broadway but would love a King room if available. Thank you.

Would anyone know if there are King beds in the standard rooms? I requested Broadway but would love a King room if available. Thank you.

The only rooms at ASMu with King beds are preferred - either in building 1 or 2, or in the suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter