Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Just back from our first stay at All-Stars. Thanks to all on this thread with the great tips. We had a room on third floor in Homerun section. It was very quiet and clean. Thirteen year old sports fan son loved the resort. As much as moderate and deluxe resorts we've stayed such as POR and WL. He said the place was "dope" which is what his friends say when something is really cool. Teen daughter thought it was ok. She said it grew on her and she was happy to be a Disney but said she'd rather be at WL or AKL, her favorites. But this was all the budget allowed so any hotel at Disney is better than being at school or work.

I was very impressed with mouse-keeping. We received towel animals and room was super clean every day. I was really surprised with the nice H20 soap and shampoo in the room. It was the bigger tubes like we received on the cruise ship. Not sure why they replaced the bar of soap everyday though. Seemed a bit wasteful. We loved the pools and there were inflatable balls at the Homerun pool for guests to use. Bus service overall good. One issue the day we were trying to get to the Halloween Party seemed like a 45 minute wait. Other park buses kept coming with nothing for the Magic Kingdom.

My only disappointment was the food. I expect to pay more at Disney but usually the quality is good. I felt like All-Stars charges the same expensive price for counter service as we've paid at Wilderness Lodge but not as good of quality. At Wilderness Lodge the flatbread pizzas came out fresh. One's we had at All Star Sports were sitting out under heat lamp. We wound up heading to McDonalds for a couple meals before heading to the park as we felt the price was too high for quality of food.

How has the bus system been? The last trip we stayed at Caribbean and I was going nuts with all the stops around the resort, plus the construction. There is only 1 bus stop right? How busy do they tend to be in the morning? We won't be making "rope drop" on this trip as MIL takes forever to get ready. Our original plan was to drive but MIL needs a scooter and while I am thinking of getting one that breaks down she might be more comfortable in one that doesn't so I wasn't sure......

There is only one stop. Although once they picked up at all 3 for an early morning at MK.

The only time I had a problem loading the scooter was at Epcot. One night, it was pretty clear that the bus driver didn't want to be bothered, so he left me for the next driver.

My scooter breaks down. But it is very sturdy. I'm not sure that your MIL would even notice the difference between one that is transportable and one that isn't.

There is only one stop. Although once they picked up at all 3 for an early morning at MK.

The only time I had a problem loading the scooter was at Epcot. One night, it was pretty clear that the bus driver didn't want to be bothered, so he left me for the next driver.

My scooter breaks down. But it is very sturdy. I'm not sure that your MIL would even notice the difference between one that is transportable and one that isn't.

She was thinking the ones that don't break down would have a more cushy seat vs the one that breaks down. She don't want to have to bring her cushion she sits on if she doesn't have to.

She was thinking the ones that don't break down would have a more cushy seat vs the one that breaks down. She don't want to have to bring her cushion she sits on if she doesn't have to.
I guess that is possible. Although I haven't found that to be true.

I tend to pack a quillow (a blanket that folds into a pillow pocket.) Then I use as needed. Sometimes it goes with me to adjust my position. Sometimes it stays in the room.

Seating in any seat for an extended period of time can be tiring. A pillow helps with that.

How has the bus system been?
We were there Oct 14-17 and overall bus service was good. We are not early risers though and don't head to the parks until late morning. Ten minute wait at most with the exception of night we were going to MNSSHP at MK. Super long wait for a bus. Didn't wait long for return bus from park at end of day. We close the parks down and even with a lot of people exiting at same time didn't wait more than 10 minutes to go home. We did have to stand once. The buses were dedicated to All Star Sports.

The location might have made a difference, we were in the wing before the pool area so it was very wooded but I just couldn't believe how gloomy the lighting was! We were actually facing the back of one of the Football wings. All the outlets were loose. I did notice some decorated windows, but I don't recall a Dory! Wish I had seen it! :)
All of our outlets were loose too and we were in Touchdown section 10.

How accurate did you find the screens showing the next bus arrival time? Also, are those only at the resort or are they also displayed at the parks when you are waiting to return?

Just got back today from a 3 night stay. When we checked in on Monday, we stopped by the front desk because our room wasn't ready yet and wanted to see if we could go ahead and get into a room. There wasn't anything available, but that was ok. The room we did get was perfect and actually the very one that I requested through Touring Plans fax. It was 6154, ground floor of Surf's Up. Perfect location.
When we checked in, we were offered the opt out of housekeeping promo. Said no, but the CM was really pushing it, so we finally said ok, Got a $20 gift card, which was nice. We were assured that if we wanted fresh towels or the trash emptied, or more toiletries, it would not be a problem. Called housekeeping the next morning right before leaving for Epcot to request more towels. Came back to the room around 3:30PM and towels had not been delivered. I called again, told them that I had requested towels and had been assured that it would not be a problem, but did not get them. Person I spoke to was very apologetic and said they would be delivered right away. About 2 minutes later, housekeeper was at my door with towels.
Overall, it was a good stay. Never shared buses going to the parks in the morning, but were sometimes slow to arrive and there were long lines. Almost always had to stand. Came back to the resort every afternoon to rest, and the buses were always shared by all three resorts. Lines were very long and there were usually people left behind to wait for the next bus.

Bus System question again.....I was reading on another forum that the buses share all the time with the other 2 of the all start resorts? True or only during particular times?

Bus System question again.....I was reading on another forum that the buses share all the time with the other 2 of the all start resorts? True or only during particular times?
It happened once. And I mean one time, on one bus, during the week we were there. And we were there during a slower time.

It only happened to me once and that was an hour after MK evening EMH at 2am. The bus was only supposed to go to one all-star but the driver saw people from the other two so he stopped and let them on.

We are staying at All Stars Sports in a standard room. If we are hoping for close to the lobby and also close to the parking lot, what should we request?

Homerun and Hoops are closest to the parking lots.....
The seem to be the same walking distance to the lobby....maybe one is a little shorter walk???

The seem to be the same walking distance to the lobby....maybe one is a little shorter walk???
For the Bus Stops,HRH/Building 9 is good-Guests can walk from there alongside the "back" of Touchdown!/Building 10 directly to the Bus Stops.:)

For the Bus Stops,HRH/Building 9 is good-Guests can walk from there alongside the "back" of Touchdown!/Building 10 directly to the Bus Stops.:)

Thanks, that's what I thought too! Is there a way to ask for the end closer to the bus stop or can I just request that building?

Thanks, that's what I thought too! Is there a way to ask for the end closer to the bus stop or can I just request that building?
Sure-you can request "HRH/Building 9-room closest to Touchdown!/Building 10".:)

They will "try" to give you one of those rooms,but any room in Building 9 will be good for Bus access.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter