Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for letting me know EpcotBill.
I updated the first page.
Disney must have changed the link recently.
I check every once in a while to make sure every link is up to date.

Thanks again!:thumbsup2

I know it’s a hit or miss, but does All-Star Sports usually have packs of water in the gift shop in the evening? On past trips at the other all-stars we tried to get water in the evening but they said they were sold out and to check back in the morning (but we usually rope drop parks).

I know it’s a hit or miss, but does All-Star Sports usually have packs of water in the gift shop in the evening? On past trips at the other all-stars we tried to get water in the evening but they said they were sold out and to check back in the morning (but we usually rope drop parks).

Yes. They have 8-packs of 12oz bottles of Desani for $3.99.

I know it’s a hit or miss, but does All-Star Sports usually have packs of water in the gift shop in the evening?
Yes-Goofy keeps the cooler stocked pretty well.:)

Current water "cases"
37977875251_7979fe1c1c_h.jpg

"Discontiued" cases(no longer available)
30472676182_a88a6033a1_c.jpg

Yes-Goofy keeps the cooler stocked pretty well.:)

Current water "cases"
37977875251_7979fe1c1c_h.jpg

"Discontiued" cases(no longer available)
30472676182_a88a6033a1_c.jpg
Thank you so much! I knew they sold them I just wasn’t sure if we’d ever be able to get them since we are only able to get to the gift shop in the evenings. This saves the hassle of shipping water or having it delivered.

Thank you so much! I knew they sold them I just wasn’t sure if we’d ever be able to get them since we are only able to get to the gift shop in the evenings. This saves the hassle of shipping water or having it delivered.
You're welcome.

Just remember Goofy shuts his place down at 11:30 PM nightly.

Also,the End Zone Beverage Island is now open 24/7 if you are getting a Mug or just want some "fountain water" late PM/early AM.:)

You're welcome.

Just remember Goofy shuts his place down at 11:30 PM nightly.

Also,the End Zone Beverage Island is now open 24/7 if you are getting a Mug or just want some "fountain water" late PM/early AM.:)
I didn’t know that about the beverage island. Thank you so much!!

I am wondering about how long it will take to walk from each building to the bus stop. I plan to rope drop or do extra magic morning hours and I know I need to allow about 1 hour from Sports bus stop to turnstyle, but how long will it take me to get to the bus stop? I obviously don't know what building I will be in, but maybe if someone who has stayed in each building could say how long it takes from that building, I can get an idea of how early we need to leave our room.

I am wondering about how long it will take to walk from each building to the bus stop. I plan to rope drop or do extra magic morning hours and I know I need to allow about 1 hour from Sports bus stop to turnstyle, but how long will it take me to get to the bus stop? I obviously don't know what building I will be in, but maybe if someone who has stayed in each building could say how long it takes from that building, I can get an idea of how early we need to leave our room.

We stayed in building 5 on the first floor. I couldn't give you an exact walking time, but it was only a few minutes to get the bus. I would think the longest walk would only be about 5 minutes.

I have found that all of the buildings are a shorter walk at Sports.
Having stayed at Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs the walk is so much shorter at Sports.

What should I expect at ASSp?

Kind of a broad question, but... I am a regular at Ft. Wilderness. I have stayed a week at SSR in a villa (friends- very nice) and a night at CBR when we came in for the Rolex 24 in Daytona, but everything else has been in our RV at the Fort. Our last trip in September we finally bought APs and booked a week in Feb/Mar at ASSp when the AP discounts came out. (Cheaper than towing a 22,000 lb rig 2000 miles) I've read many of the pages on this thread and I've heard of the 15s, school tours, band groups and a lot of the "bad" with the Values.

But what does everyone on here like about ASSp.

j

What should I expect at ASSp?

Kind of a broad question, but... I am a regular at Ft. Wilderness. I have stayed a week at SSR in a villa (friends- very nice) and a night at CBR when we came in for the Rolex 24 in Daytona, but everything else has been in our RV at the Fort. Our last trip in September we finally bought APs and booked a week in Feb/Mar at ASSp when the AP discounts came out. (Cheaper than towing a 22,000 lb rig 2000 miles) I've read many of the pages on this thread and I've heard of the 15s, school tours, band groups and a lot of the "bad" with the Values.

But what does everyone on here like about ASSp.

j
The reasons are choose to stay at ASSp are:

1. Price: Value category - Lowest price within the category (AoA LM rooms and POP are priced higher than All Stars) in addition, ASMo has been excluded from the Bounce Back offers that I've booked which leads me to ASSp or ASMu.

2. Set up: ASSP is set up horizontally from the food court/bus where as ASMu is set up vertically, meaning there are less buildings that are close to the food court/bus. At ASSp, you can get a standard room that isn't all that far from the bus, but at ASMu the only rooms that are close to the food court/bus are preferred. You can take a guess from point 1 above that I never book a room above standard.

3. Food Court: There are a lot of things that we "give up" when we choose to stay Value over Moderate or Deluxe, but one of the good things is that is has an easy to access food court with a selection of food that my picky-eating family enjoys.

4. On-Property: All the benefits that come from being in the Disney Bubble. Magical Express, luggage transfer to other resorts if you split stay, Magic Bands, FPP at 60 days, etc. I would choose a Value resort over off-property (almost) every time!!!

5. Bus: You get picked up first and dropped off first (if they go to other All Stars). Having one bus stop gets you to the parks faster (in comparison to Moderates) and I also like that the bus stops have queues. It reduces stress that sometimes arises when there is a large crowd at the Moderate/Deluxe bus stops.

You may miss your "home" of Frt. Wilderness, but I highly doubt you will regret staying at ASSp as opposed to not going due to expense of bringing your trailer. We had APs for two years and I had no regrets saving money at the resorts so we could go 4 times in those AP years.

Thanks Lorrie Anne and WedWDW,

That's exactly what I was looking for. We book a preferred because I thought that was the only way to get close to the food court and bus stop. ASSp is what came up with the best price when they released the discounts. Looks like I'm getting lucky and may have booked the best of the Values. Some day I'll splurge and go for a Deluxe, but it is hard to justify $4-500 a night when we don't spend much time at the room anyway.

j

Thanks Lorrie Anne and WedWDW,

That's exactly what I was looking for. We book a preferred because I thought that was the only way to get close to the food court and bus stop. ASSp is what came up with the best price when they released the discounts. Looks like I'm getting lucky and may have booked the best of the Values. Some day I'll splurge and go for a Deluxe, but it is hard to justify $4-500 a night when we don't spend much time at the room anyway.

j
Like you, I was worried about my planned stay at ASSports. For me it was because I'd always stayed at a mod or deluxe.

But I loved it.

It won't make me stop staying at the other resorts. We own DVC, so we get a villa for most stays. But I won't hesitate to stay there for extra days or an extra trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter