Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We just finished our stay at sports and absolutely loved it there!
Thanks for the review. We have never stayed at a Value. Nearly every trip has been in our RV at the Fort, but the AP discounts this Spring make it a real "value" to not tow the camper 1000 miles. I still have a campsite booked along with a week at ASSp, but the more I keep reading on here, I'll cancel the campsite and look forward to staying at Sports. It will be nice to try something different.

j

There was a nice variety, quality was just ok. Not bad, not good. The burgers were pretty good and I will not eat fast food so I feel like that says a lot.......my husband got a burger from cosmic rays and said the burgers at the resort were much better.
Also,we sometimes take the short walk from Sports to Music or Movies-their Food Courts have a few offerings(especially Movies) that are not available at Sports.:)

We had a great stay at All Star Sports last week. It is quickly becoming our go-to hotel for Disney perks without crazy prices. We're at the parks from 7:30am until close each day, we literally only come back to sleep - and the bed and pillows were quite comfortable. :) It did get a little crazy toward the end with high school kids and cheerleaders invading the property, but since we rarely take advantage of the food court outside of the drink machines, the only place we ran into them was on the buses sometimes.

The only strange part of our stay was that our family (2 adults, 2 kids, one infant) was assigned a King Sized handicapped-accessible room. That's a lot of people to fit on one bed! I called guest services and at no charge, they gave us the adjoining room for free for our stay - so we literally got two rooms for the price of one! Talk about Disney magic.

We're going back in April - All Star Sports again! :)

s .

The only strange part of our stay was that our family (2 adults, 2 kids, one infant) was assigned a King Sized handicapped-accessible room. That's a lot of people to fit on one bed! I called guest services and at no charge, they gave us the adjoining room for free for our stay - so we literally got two rooms for the price of one!
But I thought the Values don't treat Guests as well as the Mods and Luxes!;):)

AS Sports was our first on-site resort, way back in 2001. After having stayed almost everywhere, we return to AS Sports in January 2018. Our daughter is starting DCP and we are all headed down to help her move in

Can't wait! I will be here in January 2018. In the past, I have enjoyed my stays at ASMo and ASMu. I finally get to close out the trio by staying at ASSp!

Favorite buildings that aren't preferred? Anything special at the food court to try that is specific to the resort?

Can't wait! I will be here in January 2018. In the past, I have enjoyed my stays at ASMo and ASMu. I finally get to close out the trio by staying at ASSp!

Favorite buildings that aren't preferred? Anything special at the food court to try that is specific to the resort?

I've only stayed in Touchdown and Surf's Up - but the Homerun building looked pretty convenient, too!

I don't frequent the food court too much - I'd rather grab a granola bar and enjoy what the parks have to offer.

But I thought the Values don't treat Guests as well as the Mods and Luxes!;):)
Stayed at Music last year and one day came back to find that our room had not been cleaned. Phoned reception and within 10 minutes a CM arrived with a bunch of clean towels for us and the next morning the head of cleaning knocked on our door to apologise and to inform us that she had arranged a refund on our account - checked later and she had given us $20. Very happy with the way that they treat guests at the value resorts!

Have just returned home after an 11 night stay at AS Movies. We usually stay at one of the 3 AS resorts each year because they are a good value, no frills hotel if you want to stay on site. When checking in we were asked if we would like to recieve a $10 per night rebate in exchange for not having the housekeeping service, which we accepted and got a Disney gift card with $100 loaded onto it. It did make me wonder why?? Is there a problem recruiting and keeping staff, or is it a budget cutting exercise. I did notice later some maintenance issues like the toasters need repairing in the dining room ( many of the elements not working so bread not browned on both sides).It was while waiting for my toast to be done that I looked up and noticed the 2 big pieces of art above the area were covered in dust. I was gonna have a walk round but I gave my head a shake and told myself it was no biggie and carried on enjoying my holiday. I just hope standards don't drop to far just for the sake of saving a few $$$.

Have just returned home after an 11 night stay at AS Movies. We usually stay at one of the 3 AS resorts each year because they are a good value, no frills hotel if you want to stay on site. When checking in we were asked if we would like to recieve a $10 per night rebate in exchange for not having the housekeeping service, which we accepted and got a Disney gift card with $100 loaded onto it. It did make me wonder why?? Is there a problem recruiting and keeping staff, or is it a budget cutting exercise.

Even with a $750 sign on bonus they cannot get enough people willing to do the job. So they are offering an incentive to forgo housekeeping to lighten the load. It's definitely not a cost cutting exercise.

I have a quick question for those of you who have stayed at ASSp recently. Are there separate bottles of conditioner and shampoo? Shampoo isn't an issue for me, I'll use anything but I need conditioner to tame my frizz. I'm trying to pack as light as possible and if I don't have to bring my own conditioner then that's one less thing I have to take with me. I'm thinking back to when there used to be a single bottle of "conditioning shampoo" at all the value resorts.

[GALLERY=]1514819984309.jpg we stayed in December 2017 and this is what was in our room.[/GALLERY]
I have a quick question for those of you who have stayed at ASSp recently. Are there separate bottles of conditioner and shampoo? Shampoo isn't an issue for me, I'll use anything but I need conditioner to tame my frizz. I'm trying to pack as light as possible and if I don't have to bring my own conditioner then that's one less thing I have to take with me. I'm thinking back to when there used to be a single bottle of "conditioning shampoo" at all the value resorts.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!