Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

What non-preferred rooms would be the shortest walk to buses? Are all rooms in buildings 1 and 6 preferred or just certain sections?
ALL rooms in Surf's Up! and Touchdown! are Preferred.:)

For buses,the best Standard Rooms are in Home Run Hotel in Building 9.

Request a room in Building 9 as close as possible to Touchdown!/Building 10.

From there you can walk along the "back" of Touchdown! Building 10 and be at the Bus Depot in about 2 minutes.:)

WOW!
I am really shocked since the MAJOR refurb was so "recent"!

It "appears" it may not be a "full" refurb and just some sort of "work" or "refurb" being done on the main seating area.

http://chipandco.com/end-zone-food-...ports-resort-undergoing-refurbishment-308773/

That is exactly the site I saw this on. I haven't seen it on any other Disney site. I also think it is only on the end part of the seating area and the food/drink part of the food court is still in operation. Hopefully someone who is there might be able to give us more info.

That is exactly the site I saw this on. I haven't seen it on any other Disney site. I also think it is only on the end part of the seating area and the food/drink part of the food court is still in operation. Hopefully someone who is there might be able to give us more info.
I'm thinking something "minor" is happening.

I just can't see Disney doing a major Food Court refurb after not even 5 years.

Hmmm, I am not familiar with their food court. From the article looks like it's just a part of the food court? Hopefully it's quick and over by our August trip.

From the article looks like it's just a part of the food court?
Yes,they just have the main seating area closed.

My guess is they are not doing anything major that will take a long time because End Zone was COMPLETELY "rebuilt" just 5 years ago.:)

Last edited:
Hmmm, I am not familiar with their food court. From the article looks like it's just a part of the food court? Hopefully it's quick and over by our August trip.

From the photo and the description it looks like it's all or part of the seating section. The photo looks to be taken as you're standing at the beverage station. The description says you can't enter through the doors facing the Touchdown section.

I'd guess they are doing a routine refurb like painting, floor work, stuff that's needed to refresh the area and they will have it done and open as soon as they can.

We have a preferred room booked. Can someone help me choose what to request for room location? We would like to be close to the bus stops/food court (I'm not sure how sports is set up so don't know if its possible to be close to both). If we can't be close to both, we would prefer the bus stop.

We have a preferred room booked. Can someone help me choose what to request for room location? We would like to be close to the bus stops/food court (I'm not sure how sports is set up so don't know if its possible to be close to both).

Yes it is possible. In fact that is the definition of a Preferred room, close to the food court and bus stop. We really like Touchdown because we're big football fans. But Surfs Up is great too. You really can't go wrong with either. We also like higher floors so our request is usually "Touchdown and Upper Floor please".

We have a preferred room booked. Can someone help me choose what to request for room location? We would like to be close to the bus stops/food court (I'm not sure how sports is set up so don't know if its possible to be close to both). If we can't be close to both, we would prefer the bus stop.
I would request Surf's Up!/Building 6/Room close to Stadium Hall.:)

Some of those rooms are literally seconds from the "side door" to End Zone Food Court.

And to get to the Bus Stops from those rooms,the walk through Stadium Hall to the stops is about a minute.:)

6255 and 6355 are our favorites-they are corner rooms with a nice Pool View.:)

Where do you request specific room requests? I'm not seeing it on MDE.

I always call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to our reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

I always call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to our reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.
When you say Main Reservations line, do you mean All Star Sports specific phone number on post #1 or WDW main phone number?

Contemplating a "budget" trip for early next year, I'm considering a Standard room at Sports - it would be my first stay there. Prospective dates are Sunday 2/10/19-Thursday 2/14/19. I know there's a big Cheer/Dance event each February (I've been at WDW multiple times during it but never at the All-Stars). Do you think my Sunday-Thursday dates will avoid the Cheer/Dance groups? I know the International tour groups will probably be there.

Also how packed does the food court get in the mornings? Should I just plan on not being able to eat breakfast at the resort? (I am a big breakfast girl and like my bacon and eggs and Mickey waffles.)

Contemplating a "budget" trip for early next year, I'm considering a Standard room at Sports - it would be my first stay there. Prospective dates are Sunday 2/10/19-Thursday 2/14/19. I know there's a big Cheer/Dance event each February (I've been at WDW multiple times during it but never at the All-Stars). Do you think my Sunday-Thursday dates will avoid the Cheer/Dance groups? I know the International tour groups will probably be there.

Also how packed does the food court get in the mornings? Should I just plan on not being able to eat breakfast at the resort? (I am a big breakfast girl and like my bacon and eggs and Mickey waffles.)
The High School Cheerleading Championships will be February 8-10 so the Cheerleaders will be at WDW that Sunday and will start to leave that Monday(some may stay and enjoy WDW even longer than Monday).

If you can get up early and be at End Zone Food Court when it opens at 6:30 AM,you will have no issues with Breakfast.:)

It's just a section of the food court that is closed off and you can't take the side entrance to it, you have to walk closer to the pool bar to enter coming from touchdown/home run. The rest of the food court was completely unaffected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter