Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know what the purchase with purchase is right now? Last year it was a backpack. Just curious if its something different this year.

There aren't any right now. Haven't been for a while. I saw a rumor that they are no longer doing this at Disney World. Can't remember where I saw it though.

There aren't any right now. Haven't been for a while. I saw a rumor that they are no longer doing this at Disney World. Can't remember where I saw it though.

I didn't think about it when I was there last week, but there weren't any "purchase with purchase". That's okay, because my wallet would have been lighter if there had been!

We're back from another wonderful Disney vacation!

The resort was nice, CM's friendly. All ten of us got a pin: The adult couples got "Happily Ever After", one "Happy Birthday", one "Graduation", three "1st Time", and the adult child was "celebrating life"! The CM checking us in said that everyone needed a pin. DD also got a balloon, chocolates, & a signed picture from Mickey when we checked in for her birthday. Pixie Dust!

We were on the third floor of building 2, "Hoops Hotel". Our view was of trees hiding the parking lot, but we didn't mind. We were only in the rooms to sleep. The rooms are small, but with two adults & a teenager, we did fine. I was just really organized so things were put away after use. I only saw two issues with the room: bathroom needs re-painted & the table between the beds had the "toe kick" peeling off. I understand that the resort is being refurbed later this year, so that should be taken care of then.

The food court was fine, except on our last night, there was no sweet tea & only one working machine with unsweet tea. It was very busy and the beverage/condiment station was trashed. All other times we were in there, CM's were cleaning up after you when you were pouring a drink or getting condiments. On our last morning, we used the additional seating in the arcade. We only ate breakfast there twice. The bounty platters were good, except the eggs. I don't know, they just seemed a little runny or something. DH didn't think the potatoes were cooked well enough, but I thought they were fine. I had my first Mickey waffle on this trip and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't like waffles but these were fluffy on the inside.

We came back early from our EPCOT day because the kids wanted to swim. It happened to be a marshmallow roasting & pool movie night, so we did both. It was very nice and we didn't have a problem finding lounge chairs on this trip.

We plan to stay at Poly next trip, but DD wants to stay at ASMovies to complete the All-Star trifecta. I told her we would eventually get there!

If anyone has questions about the resort, I would love to try to answer them for you.

Wh

The resort was nice, CM's friendly. All ten of us got a pin: The adult couples got "Happily Ever After", one "Happy Birthday", one "Graduation", three "1st Time", and the adult child was "celebrating life"! The CM checking us in said that everyone needed a pin. DD also got a balloon, chocolates, & a signed picture from Mickey when we checked in for her birthday. Pixie Dust!

We were on the third floor of building 2, "Hoops Hotel". Our view was of trees hiding the parking lot, but we didn't mind. We were only in the rooms to sleep. The rooms are small, but with two adults & a teenager, we did fine. I was just really organized so things were put away after use. I only saw two issues with the room: bathroom needs re-painted & the table between the beds had the "toe kick" peeling off. I understand that the resort is being refurbed later this year, so that should be taken care of then.

The food court was fine, except on our last night, there was no sweet tea & only one working machine with unsweet tea. It was very busy and the beverage/condiment station was trashed. All other times we were in there, CM's were cleaning up after you when you were pouring a drink or getting condiments. On our last morning, we used the additional seating in the arcade. We only ate breakfast there twice. The bounty platters were good, except the eggs. I don't know, they just seemed a little runny or something. DH didn't think the potatoes were cooked well enough, but I thought they were fine. I had my first Mickey waffle on this trip and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't like waffles but these were fluffy on the inside.

We came back early from our EPCOT day because the kids wanted to swim. It happened to be a marshmallow roasting & pool movie night, so we did both. It was very nice and we didn't have a problem finding lounge chairs on this trip.

We plan to stay at Poly next trip, but DD wants to stay at ASMovies to complete the All-Star trifecta. I told her we would eventually get there!

If anyone has questions about the resort, I would love to try to answer them for you.
Do you know what time the food court opens for breakfast?

We just got back from our stay too. The back half of the food court is being remodeled and blocked off, but there was additional seating in the arcade. We didn’t see any of the “15s” at the resort last week and actually only saw one group of them in Epcot on Saturday

We’ve stayed at all resort levels and loved All Star Sports!! We loved Building 9 as it was close to everything. It made it convenient if an All Star Music bus came to pick up from the parks first....it was a very short walk from Music back to our room in Sports. No big tour groups or “15’s”. We actually really enjoyed eating in the arcade seating as it was quiet and away from the hustle and bustle. Bus service was great with the exception of a rope drop MK morning which is busy at any resort. We will most likely choose this resort again next year. Thanks for all the great advice on this thread!!

What are the 15s?

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers),attend Orlando Magic games,etc.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late June/July/early August for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

The 15s will be at the highest intensity level possible this Summer because it is a "World Cup Summer"!

If Brazil and Argentina somehow meet in the Finals on July 15,WDW will cease to exist as we know it!

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses almost exclusively and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

Could you tell anything about what they are doing in End Zone?

Also,have The 15s made an "appearance" yet?lol

There was a big tarp over the back park of the food court, so I couldn't see what was going on.

I didn't see any of "The 15s" while we were there.

We are here now, checked in today for 1 night as we are going to the H2O Glow Night at Typhoon Lagoon. In room 8337 in the Homerun Hotel. Check in was great and smooth, and we have enjoyed walking around the resort. They have a “carnival” going on for the first day of summer, free cotton candy, ping pong and cornhole around at different points which is really fun to stop and play a game.

However, I must say immediately upon walking in we noticed that the room smells VERY musty, like the carpets were soaked through and then left in the sun. It’s definitely stronger by the bathroom so it’s clearly something to do with that. We called down and asked for a “refresh” of cleaning and some deodorant sprayed. It helped, but the smell still lingers. If it was more than one night I would ask for a new room, however for us it’s not worth it just to sleep for the night. Overall we’re happy we chose the Sports and we paid a great rate- $89 for passholder discount- you can’t beat that!

Do they still have Mello Yello in the food court? My boys will be thrilled if so!

I have stayed many times at Sports, and just recently was there for 4 nights. I am NOT a Sports fan, but don't mind staying here, as its closer to AK and Blizzard Beach is right up the street.:thumbsup2 I find that Building 10 Football, is close to the Food Court, and I love staying on the 3rd floor. Last time I was there, a few weeks back, they started the renovations on the rooms at Buiding 10, and I will be staying there again in Nov. Food Court is OK, Pizza delivery and Ice cream is available.:thumbsup2 Its the first to be picked up and dropped off with the Buses.;)[/QUO

We are here now, checked in today for 1 night as we are going to the H2O Glow Night at Typhoon Lagoon. In room 8337 in the Homerun Hotel. Check in was great and smooth, and we have enjoyed walking around the resort. They have a “carnival” going on for the first day of summer, free cotton candy, ping pong and cornhole around at different points which is really fun to stop and play a game.

However, I must say immediately upon walking in we noticed that the room smells VERY musty, like the carpets were soaked through and then left in the sun. It’s definitely stronger by the bathroom so it’s clearly something to do with that. We called down and asked for a “refresh” of cleaning and some deodorant sprayed. It helped, but the smell still lingers. If it was more than one night I would ask for a new room, however for us it’s not worth it just to sleep for the night. Overall we’re happy we chose the Sports and we paid a great rate- $89 for passholder discount- you can’t beat that!
going down aug 2019, do the bathrooms have the new wall shampoo/conditioner dispensers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter