Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone have the August calendar yet?
OTPN has it up now.:)

All%20Star%20Sports_Rec%20Cal%20August%202018-1-X3.jpg

The last time we visited was in 2017. I do not recall needing WDW ID....Is this new?
I saw that too,but no ID is needed for the WDW Resort buses still.

I'm thinking maybe that is for the SoG and DS buses.:)

And another reason could be to "discourage" off-property Guests from parking at BB and taking the DAK bus from there to avoid paying the parking fee at DAK.

Last edited:
I saw that too,but no ID is needed for the WDW Resort buses still.

I'm thinking maybe that is for the SoG and DS buses.:)

And another reason could be to "discourage" off-property Guests from parking at BB and taking the DAK bus from there to avoid paying the parking fee at DAK.

Thank you! Showing ID to get on the bus would making loading a nightmare.

If I recall, years ago you would have to show your resort key to get on the bus. It wasn't strictly enforced and I'm glad that they stopped doing it.

Last edited:
Thursday can not come soon enough! The little one is bouncing off the wall with excitement, matter to fact had a full on melt down this morning b/c he didn't understand why we couldn't just go today. LOL.... Little does he know I sort of feel the same way! HA HA HA!!!!

I have been trying to dig through but not very successful with my research skills lately. How long ago were the rooms redone at Sports? We are staying for our first time at this resort in a month and so excited!

What hot item can you get for a snack credit? I know that they have bagels, and pastry but looking for maybe a mickey waffle or scrambled eggs.

What hot item can you get for a snack credit? I know that they have bagels, and pastry but looking for maybe a mickey waffle or scrambled eggs.

I've heard they have a great selection of gelato...not exactly a breakfast item though ;)

Does anyone know if Sports does the incentive to opt out of housekeeping? If so, do we know how much and which days don't count (is it first and last?) Tia!

Does anyone know if Sports does the incentive to opt out of housekeeping? If so, do we know how much and which days don't count (is it first and last?) Tia!

Yup. Every Value and Moderate offer this. It's $10 per night minus 1 night. So for a 7 night stay you'll get $60.

Yup. Every Value and Moderate offer this. It's $10 per night minus 1 night. So for a 7 night stay you'll get $60.
Thanks! Also, for another important question lol, does sports have regular hand-dipped ice cream or just gelato now?

Arrived last night. Homerun Hotel, which is where I requested. So very happy with room location. I had TP fax in my request for HH rooms 8158 and surrounding and am in 8164, so pretty spot on.

Part of food court still partitioned off. Still lots of seating.

Off to MK today.

Arrived last night. Homerun Hotel, which is where I requested. So very happy with room location. I had TP fax in my request for HH rooms 8158 and surrounding and am in 8164, so pretty spot on.

Part of food court still partitioned off. Still lots of seating.

Off to MK today.
Thanks for the info. If you get a chance could you let me know if they offer regular hand scooped ice cream or just gelato? I saw a YouTube clip of the gelato, but online it seems to indicate they also have regular ice cream, but I'm not sure where it would be. Thx!

Thanks for the info. If you get a chance could you let me know if they offer regular hand scooped ice cream or just gelato? I saw a YouTube clip of the gelato, but online it seems to indicate they also have regular ice cream, but I'm not sure where it would be. Thx!

We stayed at All Star Sports in April. If memory serves, they had regular hand dipped ice cream in the food court. It was to the far left as you entered the food station area. They also have sundaes and milkshakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter