Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We had good bus service at least leaving from ASSp. DH and DD had a 20-30 minute wait leaving HS back to the resort once, but never any problems leaving ASSp. One night, we were the only ones on the bus to Epcot, which was really fun!

Just had to change our flight to arrive at MCO at 6am, what’s the likelihood of getting an early check-in room if requested?

There are 3 Cheer Competitions in a row-last week of April and first 2 weeks of May.
oh, ok, because I saw that the 2 cheer competitions were before mine, didn't know the 3rd one....

I am just wondering if I should be checking for cancellations, or it is just ruined already......

I have a reservation for ASSp for Labor Day week 2020.
During that week how many groups are usually there?
As in...........will the place be over run with kid's groups or will be a more average tourist type mix?
We decided to take a trip and ASSp was much less than Pop by a notable amount.
Thanks!

I have a reservation for ASSp for Labor Day week 2020.
During that week how many groups are usually there?
As in...........will the place be over run with kid's groups or will be a more average tourist type mix?
We decided to take a trip and ASSp was much less than Pop by a notable amount.
Thanks!

We were there last year for Labor Day week and I didn't notice any groups. We were at POP this Labor Day week and also didn't notice any groups. Never noticed any in the parks either during that week last year or this year.

I stayed at this resort one night prior to a longer WDW trip in August. I had not been to the All-Stars before, and absolutely LOVED it. I normally stay AKL, and the service here was everything one expects from Disney.

I certainly look forward to future stays!

Is the bus service usually excellent? That was one thing I loved. They seem to come constantly, and these resorts seem well serviced. I know its extremely subjective, and I was only there one night. But poor quality bus service seems to be an increasing issue, and here it could not have been better.

We were there last September for 9 nights. Bus service was great. Usually a couple minute wait if the bus wasn't there waiting for us. We did wait 20 minutes once. So 9 park days, several of which we hopped (so LOTS of bus rides) and only one wait that seemed a bit long. We thought it was awesome!

We were there last September for 9 nights. Bus service was great. Usually a couple minute wait if the bus wasn't there waiting for us. We did wait 20 minutes once. So 9 park days, several of which we hopped (so LOTS of bus rides) and only one wait that seemed a bit long. We thought it was awesome!
During your September trip did they run individual buses for the 3 All Star resorts, or did each resort have to share a common bus.

Its absolutely a huge plus people should be aware of!

During your September trip did they run individual buses for the 3 All Star resorts, or did each resort have to share a common bus.

It was almost always each All Star had its own bus. There were just a couple times when we went back to the hotel mid-afternoon when they shared a bus. Luckily, Sports is the first stop each way, which is a big reason we picked Sports. Those mid-afternoon/early evening runs when the All Stars shared a bus were still not full which is why they share at that time of day.

We usually left the hotel at between 7-8:300, returned to the hotel between 1-2, and then back out about 4-5 pm

I’ve heard that some resorts have characters greeting and some activities for Halloween. Does ASSp do this too?

I’ve heard that some resorts have characters greeting and some activities for Halloween. Does ASSp do this too?
Last year they had a lot of fun activities! Goofy was the first character to arrive in costume! The trick-or-treating at the hotel was a ton of fun for my little boys! The staff really got into it and even made my son a Halloween balloon bouquet for free! :) They also had some pumpkin decorating for a small fee, a glow party, Halloween trivia ect.

Well, just booked a stay at Sports for early January. Wasn't what we wanted, but everything else got snapped up. LOL Only stayed at Sports once before, all the way back in 2007. I don't remember much about the resort except that we stayed in the football field building and we were first on / first off the buses when they shared. So I'm joining this thread to get some ideas what we can expect!

One question to start - I've booked a preferred and the other part of our group booked standard. She needed 2 connecting rooms and the CM told her all they had was standards. What's funny is I booked on the website and all it would show me was preferred! Anyway, is there any building or spot that we can request where we'll be able to be near each other? It seems from looking at Touring Plans the the buildings are all one or the other, is that accurate?

It seems from looking at Touring Plans the the buildings are all one or the other, is that accurate?
Yes,Touchdown! and Surf's Up! are Preferred and Hoops Hotel,Center Court and Home Run Hotel are Standard.

Also,Connecting Rooms are not a bookable category-it is a REQUEST only-they will try to fill the request,but no guarantees.

There are Connecting Rooms in ALL buildings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!