Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I posted in the newer AKL thread... not sure which one should be used.

But anyway, my family and I will be at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a 1-bedroom standard view villa in Jambo House from November 4-12!

I'm super excited. It's been my favorite resort since it was built, and when I did the DCP back in 2006 I actually ended up working at the Mara and in in-room dining! Sometimes I got to bus the halls for trays, and that was fantastic because I could look out over the savannas.

I was also lucky enough to stay at AKL in 2008 in a pool view room. I'm hopeful this time we can get at least a partial savanna view, though it's most important to my dad to be close to the lobby, so we'll see.

We are staying August 8-11 2017 @ AKV Jambo
August

Minnesota!, 1st - 8th, AKL

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Izzylovesmickey, 3rd - 6th, AKL

JodyLynC, 8th - 10th, AKL

Anjalee6, 8th - 11th, Jambo

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

MISSYLEXI, 18th - 27th, AKL

DizDaD7, 19th - 22nd, VGF

Choppygirl, 19th - Sep 2nd, AKL

Lttlmc3, 21st - 25th, AKL

Suse66, 21st - 28th, Jambo

King of Naboombu, 19th - 28th, AKL

Cheryterese, 22nd - 24th, YC & AKL

Grmnshplvr, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Minnieloves4, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Cinderelly911, 27th - Sep 3rd, AKL

Dec 1-3 Kidani Villa
Dec 3-5 AKL savannah view room
Then off to POR for 5 nights
December

Jmsaj, 1st - 5th, AKV

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

JoJoGirl, 8th - 12th, AKL

Disraavenlaur, 8th - 16th, AKL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

CrazzzyforDisney83, 10th - 16th, AKL

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Mlunsford, 21st - 26th, AKL

BaseballMoM2007, 21st - 30th, AKL

Brandyleeann, 30th - Jan 1st, AKL

can you add us for the following days:

May 22-25 2017kidani

August 4-6 2017 Kidani

March 12-17 2018 Jambo

Thank You!
May

Xlsm, Apr 30th - 6th, AKL

Jessrose, 4th - 12th, AKV

Disney1474, 6th - 13thAKV & Poly

Traceylee, 6th - 14th, AKL

Katriscari, 6th - 16th, AKL

Loveshak22, 8th - 11th, AKL

Poohs65, 12th - 19th, AKL

CanadianAli, 15th - 22nd, Kidani

Jbcheerchick93, 18th - 21st, AKL & WL

Got15, 18th - 23rd, AKL CL

Ml sumner, 20th - 25th, AKL

Cantoine, 22nd - 25th Kidania

PoohNFriends, 28th - Jun 3rd, AKL

Rlduvall, 29th - Jun 5th, AKV

August

Minnesota!, 1st - 8th, AKL

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Izzylovesmickey, 3rd - 6th, AKL

Cantoine, 4th - 6th, Kidani

JodyLynC, 8th - 10th, AKL

Anjalee6, 8th - 11th, Jambo

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

MISSYLEXI, 18th - 27th, AKL

DizDaD7, 19th - 22nd, VGF

Choppygirl, 19th - Sep 2nd, AKL

Lttlmc3, 21st - 25th, AKL

Suse66, 21st - 28th, Jambo

King of Naboombu, 19th - 28th, AKL

Cheryterese, 22nd - 24th, YC & AKL

Grmnshplvr, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Minnieloves4, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Cinderelly911, 27th - Sep 3rd, AKL
March

Cantoine, 12th - 17th, Jambo

December

Jmsaj, 1st - 5th, AKV

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

JoJoGirl, 8th - 12th, AKL

Disraavenlaur, 8th - 16th, AKL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

CrazzzyforDisney83, 10th - 16th, AKL

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Mlunsford, 21st - 26th, AKL

BaseballMoM2007, 21st - 30th, AKL

Brandyleeann, 30th - Jan 1st, AKL
next month is book dining wohoo

Has any one ever done any of the culinary activities at the resort. Either the Dine with ab animal expert The wine tasting at Jiko, or the Culinary Tour? I am looking for so.e reviews, or some I loved it or gated it because of this... 10 days until I am home again...

I'm pretty sure this has been answered before, but can anyone tell me how long the walk is from Jambo House to Kidani? Our plane lands at 11:35 and we are staying at Jambo, but have Sanaa reservations at 2:10. Is the feasible?

Has any one ever done any of the culinary activities at the resort. Either the Dine with ab animal expert The wine tasting at Jiko, or the Culinary Tour? I am looking for so.e reviews, or some I loved it or gated it because of this... 10 days until I am home again...
We did the dine w/ an animal expert @ Sanaa. The food was great & the conversation interesting - we actually had 2 experts as we had the official expert and an expert in training. Our party of 3 were the only participants & we learned a lot about the animals at AKL. Our trainee expert was a giraffe expert & learning about the individual personalities of the giraffes at AKL was fascinating.
It's not something I would do every visit, but I certainly enjoyed the experience.

I'm pretty sure this has been answered before, but can anyone tell me how long the walk is from Jambo House to Kidani? Our plane lands at 11:35 and we are staying at Jambo, but have Sanaa reservations at 2:10. Is the feasible?
The walk is 10-15 minutes.
I will add I've always had poor DME bus karma going to AKL. It's always been the last stop usually w/ stops at most if not all the value resorts & sometimes CBR &/or CSR. Other's have been lucky & DME has stopped at AKL first, but in my several trips we have been the.last.stop.every.time, so from deplane @ 11:35, hike to DME, wait to board the bus and/or wait on bus for it to fill, then the several stops until the bus gets to AKL, then drop carry on in room & hustle over to Sanaa - 2:10 would be cutting it too close for my comfort level.

We've done the wine tasting and the culinary tour.

Given that the culinary tour is free I think you'd be foolish not to participate if you're going to be at the resort when it's on. I'm not sure that I'd change existing plans to fit it in but it's definitely worth doing once.

Our views on the wine tasting can probably best be explained by the fact that we're going to do it for a fourth time this summer. We do like wine though which is an important consideration!

Okay, changed our Sanaa plans to 3pm. Hopefully, that will be enough time?

Okay, changed our Sanaa plans to 3pm. Hopefully, that will be enough time?
That'll be plenty of time. You may get lucky & get there earlier (like I said, we just have bad DME karma w/ AKL) personally I prefer not to be stressing about missing an ADR to start my vacation off, I find I am much more relaxed w/ the whole hurry up and wait involved w/ planes and DME and all if I don't have an imminent deadline looming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!