Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time staying at AKL in Dec. We are in 2 standard view rooms in Jambo house with the FD promo. What views can I expect? What should I request? Thanks.

What are the breakfast and afternoon offerings at AKL cl lounge?
Breakfast includes cereal, oatmeal, quinoa, pastries, bagels/toast, fruit, hard boiled eggs and deli meat. With the usual coffee, tea, juice, soda, milk

Afternoon has chips, trail mix, granola bars, cookies, gummy bears, with same beverage selection. Beer in fridge and wine available and sangria just ask.

Breakfast includes cereal, oatmeal, quinoa, pastries, bagels/toast, fruit, hard boiled eggs and deli meat. With the usual coffee, tea, juice, soda, milk

Afternoon has chips, trail mix, granola bars, cookies, gummy bears, with same beverage selection. Beer in fridge and wine available and sangria just ask.
Thanks TetterTots. What about early evening?

Thanks TetterTots. What about early evening?
There is a chef from Jiko or boma serving hot appetizers (soup, falafel, salad, a lovely assortment usually including seafood too,) vegis, naan/breadsticks/pita, dips/hummus, snacks for the children too like hot dog bits or PB&J. Of course wine and beer. All beverages in fridge (oh I forgot yogurt and milk including chocolate nesquik and soy)
Dessert and cordials

Hi alll,
Thinking of changing our forthcoming Beach Club reservation to AKL. Unfortunately I don't have time to read all of this brill thread. Could any kind soul answer these questions please.

Is there a preferred savanna to request?
Can we use both pools at AKL and is it hard to get loungers in the early evening?

Many thanks.

Hi everyone, I couldn't find the answer to this question. We're booked for a standard view at Jambo House and my DD is obsessed with giraffes, is there a view i can request so she can see the giraffes from our room?

Hi alll,
Thinking of changing our forthcoming Beach Club reservation to AKL. Unfortunately I don't have time to read all of this brill thread. Could any kind soul answer these questions please.

Is there a preferred savanna to request?
Can we use both pools at AKL and is it hard to get loungers in the early evening?

Many thanks.

The animals roam so I don't think one savannah is better than the other, but when we were there, it appeared to me that Sunset got the most action.

Yes, you can use both pools. There is a shuttle that can take you between the buildings or you can walk (approx 10 minutes).

I have never stayed at BC but AKL is absolutely breath taking - I think you'll love it!

Hi everyone, I couldn't find the answer to this question. We're booked for a standard view at Jambo House and my DD is obsessed with giraffes, is there a view i can request so she can see the giraffes from our room?

When I stayed I saw the most giraffes on the Sunset savannah which is on Kudu trail. BUT there are so many viewing areas, if you don't see them from your room, you'll have many opportunities elsewhere. Have fun! Your DD will LOVE it! Both of my kids did.

When I stayed I saw the most giraffes on the Sunset savannah which is on Kudu trail. BUT there are so many viewing areas, if you don't see them from your room, you'll have many opportunities elsewhere. Have fun! Your DD will LOVE it! Both of my kids did.

Thank you!!!! Hopefully we will get a Sunset Savannah room.

Btw, go to the disunplugged page, listen to the Top Resorts vlog and find out how AKL ranked among Pete's favorites.

With a pool view room, the website gives a description of sleeping options that include the following: 2 Queen Beds, 1 King Bed, or 1 King Bed and Day Bed. In the rooms with 1 king bed and day bed, does the day bed sleep one person? I am looking at a pool view room for 4 adults (myself, husband, 20-year-old daughter, and daughter's friend from college). We want a room with 2 queen beds and are wondering if that is the type of room we would be placed in since there are 4 in our party or if there would be a chance we would be placed in a room with 1 king bed and day bed.

What I wouldn't give to, today, be at the pool bar, in the hot sun, sipping a fruity something, watching my kids splash.
This! This is my fave part of WDW vacation, especially after hitting the parks pretty heavily for the first few days. Once my kids are ready to chill at the pool, I am always happy to oblige.

Does anyone have thoughts on when Christmas decorations generally go up at AKL Jambo? We'll be there mid-November (before Thanksgiving), and while I'm game to see Christmas decor, it's our first time there and I'd love to see its "normal" appearance without the holiday garb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter