Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village

NJDVCmember

Mouseketeer
Any info? As in why is this wide open for 2 bedrooms in July? Looking to take a 4 - 5 day
trip with DH and adult daughter. Have points to burn.
Where would you stay?
Grand Floridian
Kidani Village
Saratoga
Contempory

Pros cons?????

Any info? As in why is this wide open for 2 bedrooms in July? Looking to take a 4 - 5 day
Where would you stay?
Grand Floridian
Kidani Village
Saratoga
Contempory

Pros cons?????
How do you know it is "wide open for 2 bedrooms in July"? What does that mean? If you mean you can see availability online, that only means there is at least one 2 bedroom villa available at the time you checked. There may or may not be more. AKL is a large resort and one of the last to completely fill up any time of the year. It's not surprising you can find availability there. And July is not a particularly busy time for DVC resorts.

If I had points that truly needed burning then Grand Floridian would be at the top of my list. Followed by BLT park view, then AKV savannah view. SSR is great too, but the GFV and BLT cost more points so they are usually not in my budget, hence if I happened into extra points I would go with one of those. They are also closer to parks which is nice if you hate busses.

I know a lot of people like AKV. I will state that we have never stayed there, but we visit a lot to go to Boma and Saana, and Jiko. We always feel like it is such a hike to get there and to get back and I hate being dependent on buses. We prefer resorts that have a boat in addition to buses and being able to walk somewhere is even better.

I think there are quite a few people who think like we do. Not saying it is a bad place, but it would definitely be the last place I would choose. Also, as a previous poster said it is a fairly large resort.

It really needs to be on your preference/needs. Of that list i would not do SSR - I don't feel that the resort is unique - it is nice but will not wow you. I have never stayed at BLT or VGF, but if i had points to burn i would choose VGF - BLT seems too modern for my taste. AKV - if you are planning on having some resort time then i would probably choose this one -- very unique resort, great restaurants, has a great pool and many activities to keep you busy. Many people like to complain that it takes much longer to get places, but if you really don't want to wait for the bus then use Uber. From what many people have reported -- the bus ride might be a few minutes longer but nothing outrageous. If you plan then there really isn't an issue. Your on vacation -- why do you need to rush around anyways.

You could always plan a split stay and do a couple days at 2 resorts. Traveling with little kids i might be more hesitant to suggest that but it seems as though it is 3 adults traveling. transferring resorts is super easy.

If staying at SSR means you can have the longer stay, I would do that and book / request Congress Park. Otherwise, I would pick Kidani savannah view. I enjoy swimming, especially in July, so the pools come into my consideration. I suppose BCV is not available, it is almost always my first choice in summer.

GF. I fell in love with it. So beautiful.

We own at Bay Lake and I've stayed at all the resorts you listed (subbing BL for contemporary), and it's GF for the win.

(Can't stand staying at Jambo/kidani!)

I've never stayed at SSR guess it would be nice to walk to Disney Springs but it doesn't hold much appeal for me.

Loved AKV Kidani. Really great place and my kids enjoyed all the resort activities. I like to rent a car at WDW so I liked the garage parking under the resort.

GFV-had a few extra points last year so I booked a 2BR here for a few nights. WOW! What a beautiful resort. Loved the staff too.

BLT-this might still be my favorite. I like the décor in person more than in photos. I like easy walk to CR for services there. I LOVE walking to MK. Really enjoy Top of the World-easy to get to if you're staying there. And parking is relatively close-I've never had an issue parking here.

Where would you stay?
Grand Floridian
Kidani Village
Saratoga
Contempory

Pros cons?????
POINTS TO BURN??!!! How does that happen?
Seriously, you didn't mention Poly, but if I had extra points that is the one I would pick. I stayed there last Dec, and LOVED it. I took the boat to MK, and walked over to the TTC to get the monorail to Epcot. Loved the available dining, and closeness of other dining options. Enjoyed the DVC pool and building and décor. The music and vibe of the Grand Ceremonial House, and torch-lit paths, etc. Just felt so much more relaxing and enjoyable than any of the other DVC resorts have to me, except for AKV. But it is a lot of points in July.
AKV is my favorite resort. People "think" it is so far away from everything, but that is perception. It is calm and peaceful and away from the chaotic feel of some of WDW.
AKV is so beautifully themed, and really emersive. Easy to stay there and not go to the parks at all.
I own BLT, and always switch at 7 months. Only thing I like about BLT is the convenience of walking to and from MK, and Contempo Café is fine, too. Walking over to MK to catch buses to other places is a timesaver.
Grand Floridian is pretty, and my stay there was nice. I would certainly stay there again happily. But my first choice is always AKV, and now Poly when I have enough points and can get it.

Last edited:
Go for GF. It is beautiful! It feels very luxurious compared to the other resorts. It's our favorite.

Where would you stay?
Grand Floridian
Kidani Village
Saratoga
Contempory

Pros cons?????
I own both AKV and SS. I almost always if booking the 11 month window will use AKV. SS is too big and not enough family dining. I always get the Savannah view as my grandkids love to watch the animals. But if I had points to burn I would probably do GF as I have never stayed there.

I have stayed at all of these except the Contemporary. I would pick GF first, AK second, and SS last. SS is my home resort and I have stayed there many times so that might color my judgement. GF is just beautiful and being on the monorail is great. However I love AK and the atmosphere. Plus it has Sanaa which is delicious. I just love GF for the design elements and the restaurants are for the most part excellent.

We love AKL and will never stay at VGF. It’s all preference. We hate the atmosphere of VGF as we feel it’s so uptight, but love the savanna and lobby of the AKL. We also love Poly too. It’s why we have contracts at those two resorts. :)
All perspective.

We love AKL and will never stay at VGF. It’s all preference. We hate the atmosphere of VGF as we feel it’s so uptight, but love the savanna and lobby of the AKL. We also love Poly too. It’s why we have contracts at those two resorts. :)
All perspective.
You are missing out on a wonderful experience.

AKL is awesome for the bus trips to Animal Kingdom. 5 minute ride. It was awesome!! But if I could get a room at VGF, I would personally go for that. I've never stayed there because there is never availability for a Studio when we are planning, and we don't have points to burn on a larger unit there. :)

Happy planning!

If having points to burn is unusual, stay at the most expensive resort to take it off of your bucket list.

:earsboy: Bill

Where would you stay?
Grand Floridian
Kidani Village
Saratoga
Contempory

Pros cons?????
It was still showing 2 bedrooms during spring break. It’s huge. We LOVE kidani. The two bedrooms are so awesome- we just stayed in one this month. Stayed 5 nights before 5 at poly. Just depends what you like. It’s so quiet and peaceful. Depending on the age of kids, the splash area is huge. Only con I can think of is there’s no quick service unless you go to Jambo or the pool bar. The buses we wonderful both times we stayed there.

All perspective.
Agree completely. Those are our favorites too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter