Disney's Art of Animation Resort Info Thread! Mouseketeers welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering why the lion king section has less amenities than the other sections available at AoA?

The lm area- is there a smaller pool there other than the big one by the front?????? Which building is closest to the pool area and front????

disneymom0811 said:
The lm area- is there a smaller pool there other than the big one by the front?????? Which building is closest to the pool area and front????

There is a pool on the LM area.

Closest to pool and front is Nemo. Is that what you mean?

Husband wants me to request triton building in lm section, anyone stay in that specific building??? Pros/cons???

It's official! Booked the AoA part of my split stay in September! Only a split stay because I really couldn't justify spending an extra couple hundred dollars for the first two nights when it's just me and my brother to stay in a suite...so we're going to spend the first two nights at Pop and then when my cousin flies in we'll skip across the lake over to AoA and check into our Lion King Suite! WOO HOO!!! 2 nights at Pop and 5 nights at AoA!

Can you tell I'm excited?

I was just wondering why the lion king section has less amenities than the other sections available at AoA?

I was thinking that too-is there a big difference?

I'm interpreting this question to mean why isn't there a pool in the LK section?

If that's the question, this is a layout common across the Disney resorts, and especially with their Value resort design. One area will surround a main large pool, there will be one or two smaller (or "quiet") pools, and then at least one section will have no pool but a themed courtyard.

At Pop Century the layout is identical -- the parallel section to LK would be the 70's section, which has no pool but a themed courtyard. Pop has 1 main pool and two smaller pools.

If that's not the question, the LK section/buildings/room suites have the same setup and amenities as the other two suite sections (Nemo and Cars).

We are going to stay at AoA for the first time in August. My kids wanted to stay in Nemo, but it isn't included in the end of summer discounts. The standard "Family Suite" is. If I booked that option rather than choosing Cars or Lion King, could I put a request for Nemo on there an possibly get it, or do you think that they would still put us in either Lion King or Cars becuase we purchased the room with the discount?

We are going to stay at AoA for the first time in August. My kids wanted to stay in Nemo, but it isn't included in the end of summer discounts. The standard "Family Suite" is. If I booked that option rather than choosing Cars or Lion King, could I put a request for Nemo on there an possibly get it, or do you think that they would still put us in either Lion King or Cars becuase we purchased the room with the discount?
My guess would be, since Nemo is so popular you will get LK or Cars. But no harm in trying, right?

I was thinking the same thing. Just because a room is unavailable during FD doesn't mean they are completely booked. So long as the Finding Nemo suites are available for your dates, there's no harm in trying.

I don't really have anything to add except that I will be checking in at AofA in 27 days! Myself, my mom, DS17, DS6,DS4 months(!) and my niece who is 9 will be there for 6 nights in the Lion King section. This was a request from DS6 who will celebrate his 7th birthday while we are there.

catra121 said:
It's official! Booked the AoA part of my split stay in September! Only a split stay because I really couldn't justify spending an extra couple hundred dollars for the first two nights when it's just me and my brother to stay in a suite...so we're going to spend the first two nights at Pop and then when my cousin flies in we'll skip across the lake over to AoA and check into our Lion King Suite! WOO HOO!!! 2 nights at Pop and 5 nights at AoA!

Can you tell I'm excited?

Did you get free dining?

Checking into AOA tomorrow!!!! Cars suites! Me, DH, DS5, DD1. So excited! I'll post back and let y'all know what I think as soon as I get a chance!

We got back on Sunday from our 2 week trip to AoA. Our flight arrived at 6:30am- there were no LM rooms available right away so they offered to upgrade us to a finding nemo suite for free. I couldn't take their offer though- I have a little girl who loves Ariel and we have been waiting for those rooms to open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!