Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Is there anything else that makes the walk to the LM rooms difficult other than the distance? I am actually accustomed to walking an equivalent distance from my office to my car. Difference being 6 months of the year it is below freezing and half of the trip is uphill in either direction. Walk to LM appears to be relatively free of hills and ice, correct? Granted I don't push my children's wheelchair everyday this distance, but I have done it before.
Mainly the combination of the walk plus the miles put in at the park on top of it. I am going to guess that while you walk that for work you aren't also walking another 10-12 miles on top of that. And yeah, that's what we do for the parks on avg, 10-12 miles a day. For 5, 6 days. That LM room gets further and further as the week goes

The reality is, those rooms are always booked to capacity so obviously the distance isn't a problem for hundreds of people every day. :)
I often wonder how often they are booked by someone twice. LOL

And I suspect anyone who drives is not so bothered by it. Not near as much as someone taking the buses everyday

And I suspect anyone who drives is not so bothered by it. Not near as much as someone taking the buses everyday

Lol, I often wonder how many people book it more than once as well. My son and his wife are guilty of that...they'll be staying there for the 3rd time in a few months. They don't mind the walk...but they're young and in really good shape...and their room has always been at the end of buildings 7 or 9, closest to the LK buildings But this time they're traveling with an infant so their opinion might change. :D

I agree that if you plan to drive to the parks, the LM rooms are an ok choice. There's quit a bit of parking close to those buildings.

Ugh! We are booked for a LM room for a upcoming trip and now I'm worried about the walk. Sometimes I just wish I didn't read all of these comments ... Oh well. A day of walking in WDW is better than a day of driving 40 miles to work through snow, trudging a couple of blocks from my car to work and then doing it all again on the way home. *goes to look for comfy sneakers*

The fact that I'm driving is the exact thing that makes me okay with the distance. I'm never one to use main buildings/food courts etc much anyway, and once I saw that the parking lot extends back by those buildings I was okay with it. We'll just park back near them.

Ugh! We are booked for a LM room for a upcoming trip and now I'm worried about the walk. Sometimes I just wish I didn't read all of these comments ... Oh well. A day of walking in WDW is better than a day of driving 40 miles to work through snow, trudging a couple of blocks from my car to work and then doing it all again on the way home. *goes to look for comfy sneakers*
I think a lot of it is just making sure you have the right expectations going in so you're not surprised by the walk. You know ahead of time that there is a walk, so you can be mentally prepared for it. I haven't stayed in the LM rooms yet, but we walked over there when stayed in the Cars section last year, and honestly, I'd totally book LM if it's what I wanted. The walk wasn't any more of a walk than I'm already doing, and if I had my headspace right, I don't think I'd find it that much of a nuisance.

I think a lot of it is just making sure you have the right expectations going in so you're not surprised by the walk. You know ahead of time that there is a walk, so you can be mentally prepared for it. I haven't stayed in the LM rooms yet, but we walked over there when stayed in the Cars section last year, and honestly, I'd totally book LM if it's what I wanted. The walk wasn't any more of a walk than I'm already doing, and if I had my headspace right, I don't think I'd find it that much of a nuisance.
Plus, your placement in the area can make the difference in the distance fairly significant.

I have always said there should be bycycles available to Mermaid Guests or,better yet,Pargo service to and from Animation Hall(also for Trinidad South at CBR)!

And I am not kidding!lol:)

It will be fine. Hundreds of people stay in the LM every day and survive. I would do whatever you can to maximize the chances that your room is as close to the LK section as possible. Call Disney and have a room location request added to your reservation (just indicate something like "Building 7 or 9 in an area close to Lion King"). Or choose "close to transportation" during online check-in. And if you have a subscription to the Touring Plans website you can use the room request fax service to request a specific room. If you use that service, be sure to indicate in the notes that what's really important isn't to have the specific room you requested, but to have a room in that area that is located as close as possible to Animation Hall and/or the bus stops.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, my son and his wife were not phased by the walk at all. I've seen other people come back and post that even though they were in building 8, it was still only about a 7 minute walk to Animation Hall. I've never seen anyone complain about the distance from the farthest rooms in Building 2 of the Cars section, yet those rooms are further away from the bus stops than some of the LM rooms. And after doing some exploring at AKL last year, I can say that some of those rooms are a huge hike to the bus stops.

Fingers crossed that you get a great location!

One plus, there is an Uber/Lyft pickup point at the LM rooms.

We did 1 night here b/c the kids wanted to go to their pool 1 day. The walk + the room quality for the cost makes it a place we won't stay again. Room isn't on the level of the new Pop rooms and it's more expensive, and the walk even from the 80's section is only 3-4 minutes to the MK bus stop.

We will be there March 9th - 14th for my son’s 8th birthday! Also celebrating my moms birthday and my anniversary in the same month, they just don’t fall over that weekend.
:simba:

I stayed in a LM room once, never again! Top floor, corner room. The hike from the food court was killer!

Sure, the first walk to the room was fine, but we had issues with our magic bands. We had to walk to the room then back to the front desk then back to the room! Ugh it was insane.

I'm happy we tried AoA, the resort is visually beautiful, but I prefer that the rooms at POP are centrally located.

Lol, I often wonder how many people book it more than once as well. My son and his wife are guilty of that...they'll be staying there for the 3rd time in a few months. They don't mind the walk...but they're young and in really good shape...and their room has always been at the end of buildings 7 or 9, closest to the LK buildings But this time they're traveling with an infant so their opinion might change. :D

I agree that if you plan to drive to the parks, the LM rooms are an ok choice. There's quit a bit of parking close to those buildings.

We (two 51 year olds) stayed in a Little Mermaid room (near the Ursula) over the Thanksgiving holiday and the walk didn't bother us one bit. We are used to staying at Caribbean Beach where I'd walk around the resort promenade (can't do that now) several times during each stay. We were there for a week and took the buses to the parks every day.

My husband and I enjoyed the Little Mermaid room and location so much that we'd book it again without hesitation.

Is window decorating done by the LM rooms? If so, does anyone know how I can find the dimensions? Are they the same size as the POP windows?

Thanks!

Alright, I just completed the online check-in for LM room and I chose "near transportation" as my first choice and "near stairs" as my second in hopes that maybe we will be at the end of one of the buildings closest to LK. But .... no telling. I'll update when we get our room assignment but we have a few weeks to go. I swear, time flies when you don't want it to but these last few weeks are going to DRAG!!

I took advantage of the return discount to book a room for September. My niece and I will be in a Nemo suite. Looking forward to it!

About how many paper plates, bowls, and utilities do you get in your room? And are they replenished daily in the family suites? Trying to figure out if i need to bring additional. Mostly, we just plan on eating breakfast in the rooms.

Last edited:
I seem to remember that there was an extra roll of paper towels under the sink. If not, I'm sure they would bring you an extra roll if you just call housekeeping and ask for one (or leave a note in the morning).

Are there paper towels supplied to the LM rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!