Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know the approximate size of the safe? I'm wondering if my 13.3" ultrabook would fit in it if I decide to bring it along. Thanks!

We are a family of 5 and am trying to decide between 1 room at Shades of Green, 2 rooms at Pop, or a family suite. Our "kids" are 22, 19 and 16, so I'm wondering if the extra beds in the family suite will be big enough. My boys are both almost 6 feet tall. I'm sure the information is in this thread somewhere, but I'm not finding it easily! Thanks!

We are a family of 5 and am trying to decide between 1 room at Shades of Green, 2 rooms at Pop, or a family suite. Our "kids" are 22, 19 and 16, so I'm wondering if the extra beds in the family suite will be big enough. My boys are both almost 6 feet tall. I'm sure the information is in this thread somewhere, but I'm not finding it easily! Thanks!
It definitely depends on how much your "kids" want to share beds. The table murphy bed and the couch bed are both full size, not queens, so for two adults, that's pretty tight. Being that tall especially, I think I'd go for 2 rooms at Pop so that everybody gets their own bed, plus with the recent refurb, all those beds are queens. I'm not familiar with the layout at Shades of Green, so I can't really speak to anything on that.

It really depends on several factors. We've stayed in a suite at AoA 3 times so far and have another stay booked in June. We have stayed there with 3 or 4 (depending on the trip) of our teen/adult kids. Our kids don't like to share a bed so we take an air mattress or two along (depending on how many kids are with us). Our sons (both close to 6' tall) take the beds and the girls use the air mattresses. Prior to AoA opening, we always got 2 connecting rooms at Pop Century. The downside to 2 rooms (for us) was that we always ended up with a kid or two in our room. At AoA, DH & I get our own private bedroom. :) We also knew that connecting rooms weren't guaranteed (though we were always lucky and got them) but that's not as much of an issue now as 4 of our 5 kids are 18 or over so it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get connecting rooms.

The advantages of a suite at AoA over 2 rooms at Pop Century (or wherever) for us are:
  • Private master bedroom
  • Large master bathroom with big walk-in shower (some of the refurbished Pop rooms have a walk-in shower, but there's no guarantee that you will get one).
  • Microwave for heating up breakfast items and leftovers
  • Large table (seats 5) because we eat breakfast in the room most mornings
  • To us, the suite feels much bigger than 2 rooms.
  • Lots of storage/hanging space (though the refurbished rooms at Pop have more storage than the original rooms, they still lack drawer space)
  • Interior hallways in the buildings. Nobody walking past your room and potentially looking in the windows. I also don't worry about "critters" getting in to our rooms at AoA since the room doors don't open to the outdoors.
  • We prefer the food court at AoA over the food court at Pop and since we usually eat 4 or 5 meals there during the week, that's important to us.
I'm sure that 2 rooms at Pop would still work for us, but we find that AoA suits us better right now. However, if we didn't have the ability to take air mattresses with us (we drive), we would probably get 2 rooms and give up the "luxury" of a private master bedroom. Or I'd ship the air mattress to the resort. :) I've never stayed at Shades of Green, so I don't have any comparison there.

I keep reading that the food court is chaotic at "busy times", can anyone recommend the least chaotic times to go for breakfast and dinner?

I keep reading that the food court is chaotic at "busy times", can anyone recommend the least chaotic times to go for breakfast and dinner?

There really is no exact time, but just think about when the majority of people are eating. Head over early to breakfast (think like 7-7:30) and same for dinner. (4:30-5:30)

We like to have one of us run over and grab food to bring back to the room. It’s just easier with the kids!

Hey everyone,

just a quick question:
is there a possibility to rent bathrobes at AoA?

Greets
Marco

There really is no exact time, but just think about when the majority of people are eating. Head over early to breakfast (think like 7-7:30) and same for dinner. (4:30-5:30)

We like to have one of us run over and grab food to bring back to the room. It’s just easier with the kids!

I would also add, it's super chaotic right after park closing. My poor husband, who deals with severe anxiety issues, dealt with the chaos and crowds this past week and a half really well, but when we stopped into the food court to fill up our mugs at 9:45pm (on a night when all the parks were closing at 9), he had a full blown anxiety attack. It was SUPER chaotic, and you just couldn't think or move. Everyone was stopping to eat or pick up food on their way back to their rooms.

I would also add, it's super chaotic right after park closing. My poor husband, who deals with severe anxiety issues, dealt with the chaos and crowds this past week and a half really well, but when we stopped into the food court to fill up our mugs at 9:45pm (on a night when all the parks were closing at 9), he had a full blown anxiety attack.
Thanks for posting, my son has similar issues and this is exactly what I'm trying to avoid...

Honestly, how bad is the hallway noise on the ground floor of the Nemo Building Suites? I just watched a walk-through video of the building and foyer/elevator area was terribly loud and the noise seemed to carry. I really want to stay on the ground floor for convenience but also concerned about noise.

Honestly, how bad is the hallway noise on the ground floor of the Nemo Building Suites? I just watched a walk-through video of the building and foyer/elevator area was terribly loud and the noise seemed to carry. I really want to stay on the ground floor for convenience but also concerned about noise.

We stayed on the first floor of Nemo Building 5 for our stay in June 2016. I specifically requested (through the Touring Plans room request fax) a room in the hallway that juts out towards the Lion King section. I felt that the main hallway that runs along the pool and leads to the elevators would have too much foot traffic and noise. I figured that if someone was walking down the hallway we were requesting a room in it was simply because they had a room on that hallway -- it wouldn't be a "pass through" area. I requested room 5520 and we ended up with 5518 - which was fine with me as I just wanted to make sure we were on that hallway. Even though we were only 2 doors away from the elevators, I didn't notice any hallway noise during the week we were there. I seriously thought we might be the only occupied room on that wing but our mousekeeper told me the building was filled to capacity that week. I did notice a lot of noise as we walked through the main hallway though. I always make sure our family is using "inside voices" when we're walking through the halls, but many families don't have that rule.

If you're concerned about noise, I would request being in that short hallway in either building. The long hallways that run parallel to the pool get a lot more foot traffic. If someone walks down the short hall, it's because they have a room down there as there's nothing else down there (other than a door to exit the building that leads to either the Cars section or the Lion King section -- it's not a "shortcut" to anywhere. If we were staying in a Nemo Building on our upcoming trip, I'd request a room on that same hallway of building 5 again. We're staying in a LK room again on this trip (unless a different discount with Nemo availability comes out before we arrive) and I'll request a room in that same "short" hallway in the LK building in hopes of experiencing the same calm and quiet area.

Just a question... do the finding Nemo suites have ceiling fans in the rooms or living area? I looked through this thread and searched the disboards and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks.

Thanks. That is a huge bummer. I am one of those people that it could be -15 degrees outside and I still need a fan on.

You could request a box fan when you arrive. I believe each resort has a few of those available to guests on a first come, first served basis. My brother was able to get one at AoA when he stayed there...but that was in 2013.

Thanks. That is a huge bummer. I am one of those people that it could be -15 degrees outside and I still need a fan on.
Don't know how strong a fan you need but there are a few options
1 - they make a fan that connection via USB to either your computer or cell phone. Haven't used one so can't report on if it's strong enough to feel or not
2 - order a cheap box fan from Amazon and leave it behind (this is a common practice with several items at Disney, fans included)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter