Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Don't know how strong a fan you need but there are a few options
1 - they make a fan that connection via USB to either your computer or cell phone. Haven't used one so can't report on if it's strong enough to feel or not
2 - order a cheap box fan from Amazon and leave it behind (this is a common practice with several items at Disney, fans included)
Don't know how strong a fan you need but there are a few options
1 - they make a fan that connection via USB to either your computer or cell phone. Haven't used one so can't report on if it's strong enough to feel or not
2 - order a cheap box fan from Amazon and leave it behind (this is a common practice with several items at Disney, fans included)
Thanks for the tips.

You could request a box fan when you arrive. I believe each resort has a few of those available to guests on a first come, first served basis. My brother was able to get one at AoA when he stayed there...but that was in 2013.
Thanks I will look into that.

We stayed on the first floor of Nemo Building 5 for our stay in June 2016. I specifically requested (through the Touring Plans room request fax) a room in the hallway that juts out towards the Lion King section. I felt that the main hallway that runs along the pool and leads to the elevators would have too much foot traffic and noise. I figured that if someone was walking down the hallway we were requesting a room in it was simply because they had a room on that hallway -- it wouldn't be a "pass through" area. I requested room 5520 and we ended up with 5518 - which was fine with me as I just wanted to make sure we were on that hallway. Even though we were only 2 doors away from the elevators, I didn't notice any hallway noise during the week we were there. I seriously thought we might be the only occupied room on that wing but our mousekeeper told me the building was filled to capacity that week. I did notice a lot of noise as we walked through the main hallway though. I always make sure our family is using "inside voices" when we're walking through the halls, but many families don't have that rule.

If you're concerned about noise, I would request being in that short hallway in either building. The long hallways that run parallel to the pool get a lot more foot traffic. If someone walks down the short hall, it's because they have a room down there as there's nothing else down there (other than a door to exit the building that leads to either the Cars section or the Lion King section -- it's not a "shortcut" to anywhere. If we were staying in a Nemo Building on our upcoming trip, I'd request a room on that same hallway of building 5 again. We're staying in a LK room again on this trip (unless a different discount with Nemo availability comes out before we arrive) and I'll request a room in that same "short" hallway in the LK building in hopes of experiencing the same calm and quiet area.
Thank you so much for the thorough explanation, you answered all my questions! I’m going to request one of those rooms through Touring Plans too!

Thanks. That is a huge bummer. I am one of those people that it could be -15 degrees outside and I still need a fan on.

And the room doesn't get that cold. At least ours didn't. I turned it down all the way to 60 and the room never got colder that 70.

And the room doesn't get that cold. At least ours didn't. I turned it down all the way to 60 and the room never got colder that 70.

I wish we had gotten that room. My husband likes to keep the room ice cold so our suites at AoA (3 different stays) usually hover around 66 degrees. I always have to call mousekeeping to bring extra blankets because everyone else is freezing. :D

I wish we had gotten that room. My husband likes to keep the room ice cold so our suites at AoA (3 different stays) usually hover around 66 degrees. I always have to call mousekeeping to bring extra blankets because everyone else is freezing. :D

I knew i should have called the front desk. I thought it was just Disney trying to keep the AC cost down.

Super excited- just booked a LM room for first weekend of December for my dd's 10th birthday (total surprise trip for her), which is also my bday as we have the same bday. I'll be turning, ahem, 29....again, and we aren't going to discuss how many agains there have been.

We've been to WDW several times and this is a short trip for us at just 5 nights. We arrive on a Thursday evening and I think my plan is to just do the MVMCP for our MK day on Friday night, then we will do a day of swimming and dinner at Chef Mickey's on saturday, then thinking of booking the Bon Voyage breakfast at boardwalk to see Ariel and Rapunzel followed by Disney springs and more swimming on Sunday, then we are going to uber over to US for a full day of harry potter fun on that Monday which is our actual bday, then more pool time the next day on Tuesday before we fly home in the evening.

I'm prepared for the long walk, my two dd's LOVE Ariel so I think the theming will make up for the hike to the food court. If they release a good enough discount for my dates though I may upgrade to a Finding Nemo suite. Only if they do the 25% off though, not if it is only at 10%.

It feels so weird to me to be planning so much pool/resort time, I am usually an in the park all day every day kinda gal, but my dd's love to swim so that is why I booked the AOA for the better pools. We've always done pop in the past and while I love being able to get the preferred room location, I guess the better pools/theming will make up for being so far away from the hall and bus stops.

Does anyone have a map of the room layout? I have one for pop and last time I faxed in a request with a specific range of room numbers and got one of the exact rooms I requested so hoping to do that at AOA, I want to request LM room ground floor as close to the LK section as possible but I don't know how to figure out which room numbers that would be? I put ground floor as a request during online check in but I don't want to request "near transportation", last time I did that at pop they stuck me right by the parking lot and far away from the bus stop. I'm afraid near transportation means different things to different CM's....

REALLY hoping they get the Minnie van service to AOA before December! I would like to be able to use that to get to the two character meals at the other hotels. Can someone verify that there is an uber pickup spot by the LM section? I read that there was on this thread, how do you let uber know where to pick you up though? I'm not an experienced uber user, only used it a few times so not sure of the ins and outs. TIA!

Super excited- just booked a LM room for first weekend of December for my dd's 10th birthday (total surprise trip for her), which is also my bday as we have the same bday. I'll be turning, ahem, 29....again, and we aren't going to discuss how many agains there have been.

We've been to WDW several times and this is a short trip for us at just 5 nights. We arrive on a Thursday evening and I think my plan is to just do the MVMCP for our MK day on Friday night, then we will do a day of swimming and dinner at Chef Mickey's on saturday, then thinking of booking the Bon Voyage breakfast at boardwalk to see Ariel and Rapunzel followed by Disney springs and more swimming on Sunday, then we are going to uber over to US for a full day of harry potter fun on that Monday which is our actual bday, then more pool time the next day on Tuesday before we fly home in the evening.

I'm prepared for the long walk, my two dd's LOVE Ariel so I think the theming will make up for the hike to the food court. If they release a good enough discount for my dates though I may upgrade to a Finding Nemo suite. Only if they do the 25% off though, not if it is only at 10%.

It feels so weird to me to be planning so much pool/resort time, I am usually an in the park all day every day kinda gal, but my dd's love to swim so that is why I booked the AOA for the better pools. We've always done pop in the past and while I love being able to get the preferred room location, I guess the better pools/theming will make up for being so far away from the hall and bus stops.

Does anyone have a map of the room layout? I have one for pop and last time I faxed in a request with a specific range of room numbers and got one of the exact rooms I requested so hoping to do that at AOA, I want to request LM room ground floor as close to the LK section as possible but I don't know how to figure out which room numbers that would be? I put ground floor as a request during online check in but I don't want to request "near transportation", last time I did that at pop they stuck me right by the parking lot and far away from the bus stop. I'm afraid near transportation means different things to different CM's....

REALLY hoping they get the Minnie van service to AOA before December! I would like to be able to use that to get to the two character meals at the other hotels. Can someone verify that there is an uber pickup spot by the LM section? I read that there was on this thread, how do you let uber know where to pick you up though? I'm not an experienced uber user, only used it a few times so not sure of the ins and outs. TIA!

You can use this to find room numbers. Click on the building you want and you can also change floors. Hoover over the room and it will give you a room #.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-art-of-animation-resort

Uber doesn't have "pick up spots" at the resorts. They go wherever cars go. Except for CSR because of their internal gate system (I assume it's still there). So Uber can pick you up at the parking lot nearest to your building

Ugh! We are booked for a LM room for a upcoming trip and now I'm worried about the walk. Sometimes I just wish I didn't read all of these comments ... Oh well. A day of walking in WDW is better than a day of driving 40 miles to work through snow, trudging a couple of blocks from my car to work and then doing it all again on the way home. *goes to look for comfy sneakers*
I laughed out loud and in total agreement to "Ugh" I wish I didn't read these comments. I just changed my reservation from Pop to AofA because it's the first time I've seen LM room available.
We've have AP's and newly FL retired. We take advantage of the off season discounts. Every WDW resort can have issues, but the bottom line is....there is nothing that beats staying on property. Like when you're caught at the park during a torrential downpour & lightning storm in the summer. A WDW resort, to change clothes and wait for it to end, is a castle. In fact, it is now one of the funniest stories our 6 yr old GD tells on the bus rides. "Nana shorts were so wet they fell down."
So, when my legs get tired, I'll change socks and shoes, while you kids go run on ahead.
You know they don't...they want to see if Nana's pants fall down again!

I am actually looking into booking these days too at a LM room

Just returned and here is my review ...

We stayed in a LM room in Building 9 near the stairs. I checked in through the MDE app and requested "close to transportation" and "near stairs" in that order. We were near the stairs (see the red circle and dot in the map below). Yup, it was still a long walk to Animation Hall and we felt it. I thought we could short cut through the parking lot from the bus area but there is foliage/a wall between the bus area and the paths to building 10 so that idea was no shorter than walking through Animation Hall and through the center paths.

upload_2018-2-27_13-45-18.png

We had a luggage snafu at the beginning of the trip - only 1 of our 3 bags made it to our room from ME. We landed about at 2:30 p.m. and returned from dinner at about 10 p.m. when we realized we didn't have all of our bags. The luggage services team had a hard time figuring out what happened so I was on hold for about 15 minutes waiting for an answer. I called back and offered to walk back down there to see if I can help (or check their luggage room just in case it was there and not noticed). The manager was fantastic when I spoke with him in person at the luggage desk. He understood our concerns and their team did everything they could to find our two bags. The luggage was found before we had to shower the next morning so all's well that ends well and I really can say that the service was fantastic from beginning to end of that issue.

Regarding the resort, it was hoppin'! It was President's Day week so we knew it would be busy but ... holy cow. Wall to wall people and the Landscape of Flavors was a zoo. The kids enjoyed the pool and the games around the pool.

In hindsight, I wish we had splurged just a little extra to upgrade to a moderate. After crazy days at the parks, our family of 2 adults and 2 younger teens would have much more enjoyed some downtime at a more laid back resort. I don't think I would stay here again in a LM room. And frankly, I think the prices for the suites are not justified given the lack of resort amenities here. But this is just my family's opinion - your mileage may vary :)

Just returned and here is my review ...

We stayed in a LM room in Building 9 near the stairs. I checked in through the MDE app and requested "close to transportation" and "near stairs" in that order. We were near the stairs (see the red circle and dot in the map below). Yup, it was still a long walk to Animation Hall and we felt it. I thought we could short cut through the parking lot from the bus area but there is foliage/a wall between the bus area and the paths to building 10 so that idea was no shorter than walking through Animation Hall and through the center paths.

View attachment 305299

We had a luggage snafu at the beginning of the trip - only 1 of our 3 bags made it to our room from ME. We landed about at 2:30 p.m. and returned from dinner at about 10 p.m. when we realized we didn't have all of our bags. The luggage services team had a hard time figuring out what happened so I was on hold for about 15 minutes waiting for an answer. I called back and offered to walk back down there to see if I can help (or check their luggage room just in case it was there and not noticed). The manager was fantastic when I spoke with him in person at the luggage desk. He understood our concerns and their team did everything they could to find our two bags. The luggage was found before we had to shower the next morning so all's well that ends well and I really can say that the service was fantastic from beginning to end of that issue.

Regarding the resort, it was hoppin'! It was President's Day week so we knew it would be busy but ... holy cow. Wall to wall people and the Landscape of Flavors was a zoo. The kids enjoyed the pool and the games around the pool.

In hindsight, I wish we had splurged just a little extra to upgrade to a moderate. After crazy days at the parks, our family of 2 adults and 2 younger teens would have much more enjoyed some downtime at a more laid back resort. I don't think I would stay here again in a LM room. And frankly, I think the prices for the suites are not justified given the lack of resort amenities here. But this is just my family's opinion - your mileage may vary :)

We just returned as well. Yes, President's Day weekend was crowded everywhere, but by Tuesday, things were back to a more normal setting. We were in building 8 (3 families in 3 adjacent rooms fulfilled our request) and even with that long walk back & forth each day, the 2 grandkids loved every moment of it ... pointing at each character and calling each by name. We older "kids" felt that extra walking mileage by week's end, but it was worth it. Our return to WDW in 2 years with the same grands may or may not be at AoA and could be in the Cars section as they loved the cars outside... budget pending. Bus service was good all week but we sometimes declined a particular bus in order to wait for the next one to get seats for the kids and to accommodate any of 4 tired grandparents & 2 parents w/ strollers. We tried the "standing up routine" and it was better for us to await another bus.

We, too, did not have 1 piece of luggage arrive via ME with all the rest. Our missing piece arrived to the room about 9:30 that night just as I was at the main desk inquiring about its status. The manager I was talking to had no idea that it had been a) delivered to the resort and b) transported to our room. While I was walking away from the desk, I received a text from my favorite wife that the luggage was finally in our room.

The grands (ages 2 and 4) loved the splash pad ... something all resorts could use.

I agree but for this, if you are comparing Suite price to Suite price then you are getting a bargain. It's hard to compare the suite at AoA to a typical Deluxe room if you need the space a Suite provides. If you don't, then yeah, a Suite at AoA is a poor value for certain.
Two rooms could be an option but you run the risk of not being together. And even then, most of the time, 2 rooms at a Mod are still more than a Suite at AoA. Not always by a lot but more.

I just spent a lot of time comparing what was most economical for us needing 2 rooms, not 2 beds and the suite at AoA was the least expensive option, even though AoA is not the resort I wanted to stay in. It just didn't make sense to spend more to get less space or risk being apart.

Okay so this has become my white whale. Supposedly there are a few (ie less than 5) King bed rooms in Little Mermaid. Has anyone actually stayed in one or at least seen a picture? Our next trip is still just over two years away but I was day dreaming and it got me wondering if anyone knew what this mythical beast looked like.

Okay so this has become my white whale. Supposedly there are a few (ie less than 5) King bed rooms in Little Mermaid. Has anyone actually stayed in one or at least seen a picture? Our next trip is still just over two years away but I was day dreaming and it got me wondering if anyone knew what this mythical beast looked like.
I'd say they probably do. Odds are they are HA rooms. Majority are. HA rooms do better with King beds as it gives them the space needed. They aren't ALL King but when a room has a King bed they almost always make them HA too, at the Value level at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter