Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if we're able to grab individual portions of butter and jelly in the food court to take back to our room?

Does anyone know if we're able to grab individual portions of butter and jelly in the food court to take back to our room?

They have little packets of peanut butter too. It is on the counter near the "snack" fridge. We couldn't find it at first because I kept looking by the drink machines where the other condiments are.

I'm trying to decide--we are going for a quick 4 night stay with my daughter, SIL, and two grandchildren (an infant and a 2 year old). We are debating between 2 rooms at Pop or a suite at AoA. I've stayed at Pop many times but we'd really need adjoining rooms to make life easier during the 2 yo's naps and I know it's not guaranteed. AoA looks awesome but I'm wondering if that many people in one room would make us crazy. We'd have a pack&play for the baby and the 2 yo would use the sleeper sofa.

We travel together often and just spent a week at SoG at Thanksgiving with two adjoining rooms and it worked great. We all hung out in one room while our little guy napped in the next room with the door ajar.

I'd love any thoughts from those who may have been in a similar situation. How'd it go?

Hey guys,

Just popping in to say Hi! It's been a while since I've tiptoed through the Disney side of the boards...our last Florida vacay was to the Dark Side in 2017, so I was hanging out in the Universal Threads mostly. It looks like we're planning probably our last Disney trip for Summer 2020. It seems so far away, but I know time will fly. As parents to an only, we've gotten into the habit of travelling with a friend just to cut down on the teen grumpies, and give him a pal to hang with, because apparently hanging with your parental units is.not.cool. As such, we're switching gears to AoA this time (having previously stayed at ASMo, BC, and AKL on our previous trips. I think this is trip #5 for us....hafta check my ticker. Our plan is to hit up Avatarland and Star Wars Land once it's open....along with the rest of the nation. So, I"m back on the boards, reading up a little here and there, and looking forward to sweating my tuchus off in the FL Summer heat!

My family will be doing their first stay at AoA in mid/late September this year! We've only ever stayed in the family suites at the All Star Music, primarily, and my family had done once at the Movies, when I couldn't make it, because they had gone with the high school and the marching band. This is our first trip where we actually aren't just going off of what the band does, so we're all looking forward to it!

There are 7 of us, 6 adults and 1 child, who will be one month away from his 3rd birthday at the time of the trip and we're going to be staying for 4-nights in the Finding Nemo suites. My mother really likes the kind of over-the-top Disney theme at the value resorts to give it that sort of Disney-feel and we wanted to break away from staying at the All Stars (we stayed there around 5 times already with the band), so we ultimately chose this resort. We're all looking forward to staying in this resort, though. It seems like it'll be fun!

Will a gallon of milk fit in the mini fridge?

Where are the movies shown in the evenings these days? If it's in the Lion King courtyard I want to be sure and request a lake view so we don't have noise issues.

Will a gallon of milk fit in the mini fridge?

Where are the movies shown in the evenings these days? If it's in the Lion King courtyard I want to be sure and request a lake view so we don't have noise issues.

A gallon of milk will fit in the fridge in a suite (at least the 3 suites we've stayed in). Not sure if it will fit in the mini fridge in a LM room.

The last 2 times we were there, the movies were show in the grassy area between LK building 6 and Nemo Building 5...but closer to Nemo. I don't think they'd be a noise issue for any of the LK rooms.

Do the chairs around the dining table stack? Is there an out of the way place to put them when the bed is down?

Yes, they will stack. We always stacked ours and put them by the door between the bed and the wall.

Thank you for the quick response. That's good--I'm trying to figure out if we're going to have enough space.

At the Big Blue Pool. You're good.

Did they move them back to the pool again? When we were there in 2013 they were by the pool, but the last 2 times we were there they were on the grassy area between LK & Nemo. I prefer the grassy area.

Did they move them back to the pool again? When we were there in 2013 they were by the pool, but the last 2 times we were there they were on the grassy area between LK & Nemo. I prefer the grassy area.
We watched a movie in late February of this year, and it was located by the pool.

Could be interesting to watch a movie after a swim in the pool.

You can watch it while you're swimming. Of course *everyone* who is swimming is forced to at least listen to the movie and anyone who wants to watch the movie is forced to try and tune out the noise and splashing from the swimmers. :D

Does anyone know the current schedule for the drawing classes? Is it held in the lobby area?

We're staying at Pop, but we plan to wander over the bridge and enjoy the grounds :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts