Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Staying in October in a Cars Suite. What do I need to know? Very excited.

I think the Cars area is the best themed area of the resort (or any resort for that matter). It's especially gorgeous at night. We always stay in the Lion King or Nemo suites but we make sure to walk through the Cars area at least one night during our stay.

All 4 areas are themed very well. We have only stayed in lil mermaid but always enjoyed the walk to lobby/pool areas. Hope to be back spring of 2019

Our family will be staying in the cars suites in 21 days. I have put in a request with touring plans for a room in building 1 top floor facing parking lot. will we be able to see any of the fireworks from hollywood studios with this room? Kids cannot wait for this trip to begin.

What is the walk like from the LM section to the buses? Thinking about staying fall 2019, our daughter will be 17/18months. We will have a stroller, but us adults even dread a long walk from the buses lol! It’s the only thing keeping me from commiting. I said no more values but I’m thinking the theming would be appealing to for our daughter.

First time we stayed there our girls were 4 and 2 and we pushed them in a double stroller. The walk wasn’t bad imo. Lots of cool themed scenery to take in on the way.

Love this thread! To keep it going, I wanted to mention a couple of little things.

The diagrams for the rooms have broken links, so the images aren't showing.

The main picture for the Little Mermaid rooms is a link that works nicely, but it's not embedded like the other main photos. (Does that make sense?)

Also for LM, is there a list of the "Life-Size Statues" yet?

What is the walk like from the LM section to the buses? Thinking about staying fall 2019, our daughter will be 17/18months. We will have a stroller, but us adults even dread a long walk from the buses lol! It’s the only thing keeping me from commiting. I said no more values but I’m thinking the theming would be appealing to for our daughter.
Dreadfully exhausting if you're staying in the Ariel building and that's not a total exaggeration neither. LOL. I stayed in the Ariel building for two weeks on my last trip thinking that the walk wouldn't be too bad. But after coming back from the parks after midnight, on a very crowded bus, tired and feenin to get to bed, the walk back was a dreadful experience. The theming is outstanding, its AOA, all the theming is great no matter the section you're staying at. But if you're not renting a car, you're using Disney transportation alone, you have a Lil Prince and or Princess with you AND you're staying in the LM section, Ariel building specifically, one word, EXHAUSTING!!! LOL. Now if you're the Active type, it'll be great walk cause its an ample amount of distance. But if you're not, it could possibly be a major problem for you & the rest of the adults in your party especially after a day or so of staying there. My next trip is this November and I'm staying in the Lion King section now and I had a CM notate that I prefer a suite that's close to the buses and on the ground floor. That way, when I take the bus, the very first section I see when I turn left & get around the main AOA building is the Lion King section, straight shot to my suite. I'm never staying in the Little Mermaid section again no matter how cheap the price is for the room, I'll visit for the theming and that's it. LOL. Hopefully, this help you out a little bit. ;)

Does AoA have any feather type or very soft pillows? Coming from the west coast so trying to decide if we need to pack them. Also will be coming from a deluxe portion of spit stay so will only be at AoA for a few nights. Thanks for any information you may be able to share!

Any luck with requesting the egg crate? We will be there for the first time next month!:)

We don't check-in for 2 more weeks. I did buy a cheap one to take along if we have room in the car. I plan to ask about them even if I do take my own along just so we know for the future.

We may be staying at a Cars Suite in August, but I'm concerned about the bed sizes. I have 13yo and 15yo sisters who will share one of the pull outs. Is the pull down and sofa bed exactly the same size? Or does anyone feel one has the advantage? Will two girls this age be comfortable? I know they won't fight about sleeping together, I just want them to be comfortable. Also, can you SEE the pull down bed from the sofa bed? My DS17 will be on the other bed, and prefers privacy. I think he'd be fine with any noise from the girls, but I don't think he wants them looking at him while he sleeps. One more question - DH and I have a memory foam bed.... will we be miserable on the queen bed? I've heard it is 'hard'. Thanks for the help!

We may be staying at a Cars Suite in August, but I'm concerned about the bed sizes. I have 13yo and 15yo sisters who will share one of the pull outs. Is the pull down and sofa bed exactly the same size? Or does anyone feel one has the advantage? Will two girls this age be comfortable? I know they won't fight about sleeping together, I just want them to be comfortable. Also, can you SEE the pull down bed from the sofa bed? My DS17 will be on the other bed, and prefers privacy. I think he'd be fine with any noise from the girls, but I don't think he wants them looking at him while he sleeps. One more question - DH and I have a memory foam bed.... will we be miserable on the queen bed? I've heard it is 'hard'. Thanks for the help!
The sofabed and the pulldown bed are both double/full size beds so they should be the exact same size. You can see the pulldown bed from the sofa bed. I didn't find the queen bed overly hard at all, but I don't have a memory foam bed at home so you might feel differently!

The pull down/table bed will be more comfortable for 2, imo, than the sofa bed. The bed in the master is quite firm, but if you fold up a blanket (or a few blankets) under the sheet it will help create a pillow top feel and might help. You can request extras from housekeeping.

I measured the beds on one of our trips. The sofa bed is 77" x 53" x 6" and the table bed is 75" x 54" x 8". So they're basically the same. I don't think either bed is more private than the other -- each are visible from the other one. If the girls like to watch TV in bed, they're going to need to be on the sofa bed.

I find the mattress on the queen bed to be incredibly firm compared to our pillow-top mattress at home. Our mattress at home was only a few months old the first time we stayed at AoA so it's not that our mattress is old and has no support. I always have to fold up a few blankets to lay on top of the queen mattress at AoA. I've read that someone was able to get an egg-crate foam topper for their bed from housekeeping at one of the All Star resorts. I don't know if they offer them at AoA. I'm hoping to take one along (we drive -- but I over pack ;) ) for our stay this month but I plan to ask if they're available by request for others who may be interested.

Family suites.. it’s our first stay. I’m torn between Nemo and Cars, which one is your favorite?

Family suites.. it’s our first stay. I’m torn between Nemo and Cars, which one is your favorite?

We like both Nemo & Lion King. The decor of the Cars rooms doesn't appeal to us but the exterior theming of that area is amazing...especially at night. We always make a point to walk over there at least one night of our stay. We like the room decor and location of both the Nemo & Lion King rooms/buildings. We've stayed in a Lion King Suite twice (third stay coming up in 11 days) and a Nemo suite once. We had an absolutely perfect (for us) room location in building 5. I was hoping to get that location again for our upcoming trip but the Nemo suites weren't available under the promotion we booked. So we're back to a Lion King suite...which is fine with us as we've been happy with the location of those rooms as well.

So.....after all that, if I'm choosing between Nemo and Cars, I'd choose Nemo. :) Just keep in mind that Nemo suites are more expensive than Lion King and Cars.

We'll be at AoA in a couple of weeks. Is there a way to know what movies will be playing by the pool before we get there?

Are there any lockers around the Big Blue Pool? Anyone know, any charges for them if they have them? Anyone know?

We'll be at AoA in a couple of weeks. Is there a way to know what movies will be playing by the pool before we get there?

There's a new activities schedule every month. They're usually available online around the 2nd or 3rd of the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter