Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best grocery delivery service to AoA? I was planning to use Safeway, but I see that they are no longer delivering to resorts. Our order would mostly be water, soda, and alcohol. TIA!

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from Pop to AoA?
In particular the food court. If anyone know the shortest and/or longest walk time based on the different buildings to AoA food court I would be very appreciative as I'm at AoA but family is at Pop
TIA

It's a very quick walk, can be 5-10 minutes depending on your pace and how much of the scenery you want to take in. One of our best true wildlife spottings of our visit in April was the walk from Pop to AoA (since Pop bus arrived first); in the water we spied a rather larger turtle hanging out and munching; something we would've missed if we'd been powerwalking or had just waited for the AoA bus. (Always leave room for flexibility and spontaneity!)

I always walk over from AoA to Pop, to use their food court at least once each stay. (rainbow cheesecake lol). I loved the nice all over the lovely bridge between the resorts. The walkways near the water at AoA were so nice and peaceful. This ALL CHANGES with the building and construction of the gondolas. It is a shame. I hope those things work out, and can carry the huge load of guests for park opening and closings each day.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best grocery delivery service to AoA? I was planning to use Safeway, but I see that they are no longer delivering to resorts. Our order would mostly be water, soda, and alcohol. TIA!

If you have Amazon Prime, Prime Now is perfect.

Staying here in october an have booker a LM Room, ive made a request for a low floor and a disabled room since my mum in in a wheelchair, does anybody know where these rooms are?
Also how long from LM to the buses ?

What airlines check in is here too ?

Long walk from LM to the busses. I found it slightly shorter to walk along the parking lot sidewalk vs walking thru the inside pathways and thru the main hall building.

What is the bussing situation like at this hotel? We usually stay dvc and rarely encounter the situation where we don’t board the first bus that arrives, both at the resort and at the parks. Can I expect the same at Art of Animation or will a bus often arrive and fill, leaving guests to wait for the next one.

I used the Touring Plans hotel rooms option and didn't find any ADA compliant rooms at AoA. Can that be? The option comes up on all the other resorts I tried.

Would I be able to request LM rooms with two queen beds rather than a king bed for 2 adults? I'm sharing a room with my adult daughter and my husband is sharing with our college-age son in a separate room. Thanks!

What is the bussing situation like at this hotel? We usually stay dvc and rarely encounter the situation where we don’t board the first bus that arrives, both at the resort and at the parks. Can I expect the same at Art of Animation or will a bus often arrive and fill, leaving guests to wait for the next one.

We've stayed at AoA 4 times and have always found the bus service to be very good -- short waits and if the first bus is full, the next one is just a few minutes away. Our most recent stay was in June and I think the bus service was the best it's ever been. We use the buses at least 4 times a day (coming and going) and during our 7-day stay we only had 2 times that we waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. Those 2 times were both at the end of the night when we expected a long wait and those waits were both only 20 minutes (it wasn't that there were no buses coming, just that the line was very long and it took 3 or 4 buses to deplete it). The rest of our waits were less than 10 minutes and the vast majority were under 5 minutes. There were several times at both the resort and the parks that there was a bus waiting when we arrived at the bus stop. On previous trips we would hop on the Pop Century bus at the parks if it got there before the AoA bus (it's a nice walk from Pop to AoA...especially at night). On our trip this summer, we never had to do that -- AoA was always there first except for 1 night at AK. We saw the Pop Century bus pulling in to the park so we quickly shuffled over to that line. By the time the bus pulled up to the Pop Century stop, the marquee had been changed to read "Pop Century & Art of Animation" and the transportation CM was telling people in the AoA line to get on that bus. The bus then went to both resorts.

Would I be able to request LM rooms with two queen beds rather than a king bed for 2 adults? I'm sharing a room with my adult daughter and my husband is sharing with our college-age son in a separate room. Thanks!

Little Mermaid rooms don't have queen beds, they have doubles. There are very few king rooms so your chances of getting one are very slim -- you're far more likely to get a double room without even asking for it. If by chance they do assign you to a king room, you can just explain your situation and they should be able to move you to a room with 2 beds.

We've stayed at AoA 4 times and have always found the bus service to be very good -- short waits and if the first bus is full, the next one is just a few minutes away. Our most recent stay was in June and I think the bus service was the best it's ever been. We use the buses at least 4 times a day (coming and going) and during our 7-day stay we only had 2 times that we waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. Those 2 times were both at the end of the night when we expected a long wait and those waits were both only 20 minutes (it wasn't that there were no buses coming, just that the line was very long and it took 3 or 4 buses to deplete it). The rest of our waits were less than 10 minutes and the vast majority were under 5 minutes. There were several times at both the resort and the parks that there was a bus waiting when we arrived at the bus stop. On previous trips we would hop on the Pop Century bus at the parks if it got there before the AoA bus (it's a nice walk from Pop to AoA...especially at night). On our trip this summer, we never had to do that -- AoA was always there first except for 1 night at AK. We saw the Pop Century bus pulling in to the park so we quickly shuffled over to that line. By the time the bus pulled up to the Pop Century stop, the marquee had been changed to read "Pop Century & Art of Animation" and the transportation CM was telling people in the AoA line to get on that bus. The bus then went to both resorts.
Thank you for the thorough response. We are looking forward to our stay in October. This was the answer I hoped to hear!

You will be able to request a room with 2 double beds. According to my research (Touring Plans) there is only 1 LM room with a King bed. Even without the request I suspect the chances of you getting that one room would be low.

I used the Touring Plans hotel rooms option and didn't find any ADA compliant rooms at AoA. Can that be? The option comes up on all the other resorts I tried.

According to Touring Plans, there are Family Suites that are accessible but none of the standard rooms in the LM section are accessible.

According to Touring Plans, there are Family Suites that are accessible but none of the standard rooms in the LM section are accessible.

That took is very inaccurate when it comes to room type and amenities. There are at least 8 accessible rooms in each LM building.

That took is very inaccurate when it comes to room type and amenities. There are at least 8 accessible rooms in each LM building.
I figured it was inaccurate. Every other resort map on TP has a "Florida ADA accessible" pulldown tab. What got me looking is Adam Gunn asked if anyone knows where those rooms are. Do you know where those accessible rooms are?

I figured it was inaccurate. Every other resort map on TP has a "Florida ADA accessible" pulldown tab. What got me looking is Adam Gunn asked if anyone knows where those rooms are. Do you know where those accessible rooms are?
I have looked exhaustively at pics. From what I can see the wheelchair accessible and Ada rooms are in the Ursula building in the wing perpendicular to the lake. 4 on each floor. This is just an educated guess from what I can see from the outside as each of these rooms appears to be the only ones with the bump out door. I do know they exist and have seen pics of the inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!